Pests

Guest Wayne

On the very tip of the leaves I discovered a ball of tiny swarming insects that were creating a dangling web. Also discovered very fine webbing spanning between leaves and stalks. Anybody know what this is? Used ivory dish soap spray and seems to have killed them all. Tiny bit of damage to leave tips

without pics it's hard to tell but sounds like spidermites the scourge of the cannibus plant suggest you invest in some azamax and a small pump sprayer home depot 6.95 azamax=19.95 but well worth the cost I spray my veg. grow every 3 wks whether it needs it or not and never in flower room unless under extreme circumstances!!!!! just never let your guard down :pic: :pic: :sword: :sword:

On the very tip of the leaves I discovered a ball of tiny swarming insects that were creating a dangling web. Also discovered very fine webbing spanning between leaves and stalks. Anybody know what this is? Used ivory dish soap spray and seems to have killed them all. Tiny bit of damage to leave tips

No from your discription you have mites. If not sure, get a magnifying glass or a hand held microscope at least 30x and you will see little borgs running around. Tops of leaves will have little white specs from the borg sucking the life out of them thru the bottom of leaf. Spidermites love cannabis plants.

Here is the recommended treatment of spidermites. Its a 3 week process but as the days past you will see a reduction in the borg. Be sure to clear away all webbing that is on plants. Get rid of this. Remove all leaves that are infested the worst. And then start this.

The organic regimen is to use a combination of Neem oil, Pyrethrum oils. There are many makers of these products. Be sure to follow recommended dosages. Also you will need to raise your humidity level up past 70% to slow down mite population. Be sure to have lots of fans going on at night time. With mites you also have week plants and will be easy target for powdery mildew.

Week 1. Treat the whole plant from top to bottom and in and outside the container with Neem oil. Be sure to dim lights or set plants off to the side from the hot lights.

Week2. Treat the whole plant again same as above but use Pyrituim oil based product this time. Follow steps as week 1. BE SURE TO DO THIS 2nd STEP EITHER THE 6TH DAY BUT NO LATER THEN THE 7th DAY AFTER FIRST TREATEMENT. VERY IMPORTANT TO KEEP WEEKLY SCHEDULE.

Week3> Repeat Week 1 with Neem again. Follow this to the tea. BE SURE TO DO THIS 3rd STEP EITHER THE 6th DAY BUT NO LATER THEN THE 7th DAY AFTER 2nd TREATEMENT.

Aslo be sure to bleach walls and floors with 10%bleach solution.

Archived