MMMA COMMONLY USED ABBREVIATIONS

Hi. You all are a pretty decent and nice group of people, so I don't mean to intrude, but would it be possible for there to be a thread, always near the top of some place that has a list of commonly used abbreviations to this site. It might seem as more newbie and or lurker friendly? Maybe?

Here is what I have figured out, or at least THINK I know when I read and that was after thinking about it, in some cases. I could be wrong but here goes:

LEO means law enforcement officers or officials

MM means medical marijuana

MMMA is the Mi Med Marij Act

MMMP is the or a Mi Med Marij Program

AD is Affirmative Defense reference

Rep....still not sure on that one, maybe "reply"? (Ok, it was answered on this thread...the lower right hand corner rating stuff. It rates a post. Plus (+) means they are pregnant, negative (-)sign means they are still ok.)

Those are the only ones I think I know of commonly used.

Before I took the time to register, I dropped by, read some stuff....wasn't sure what some stuff meant. Maybe I just need to get out more.

Anyway, regardless, this forum is still a really nice place with very nice people, very informative.

Hi. You all are a pretty decent and nice group of people, so I don't mean to intrude, but would it be possible for there to be a thread, always near the top of some place that has a list of commonly used abbreviations to this site. It might seem as more newbie and or lurker friendly? Maybe?

Here is what I have figured out, or at least THINK I know when I read and that was after thinking about it, in some cases. I could be wrong but here goes:

Rep....still not sure on that one, maybe "reply"?

Before I took the time to register, I dropped by, read some stuff....wasn't sure what some stuff meant. Maybe I just need to get out more.

Anyway, regardless, this forum is still a really nice place with very nice people, very informative.

leo= law enforcement officer

Most of the time here MMMMA is the Michigan Medical Marijuana Association

Sometimes the Medical Marihuana Act is MMA useful if you are talking about both in the same post.

marijuana = mj

Add medical to the beginning and you have mmj

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

If this is really a concern (and I can understand guest and "lurkers" needing the help) we can do one better. Bubbles if you'd like, start gathering all the terns, and we'll make it's own page, in alphabetical order. We can put a link at the top with the active content. Having all the terms in a thread means a bunch of searching and isn't real efficient. We could call the link like "Site Terminology" or something to that effect. Maybe let people bring up terms in this thread, then in the mods section make a companion thread without all the inane chit chat and just the terms you want on the page. Rather then me weeding though this thread when a new post is made that may or may not have new terms, being alerted to a new post in the mods section would alert me to add new terms. This could also get doubled in the "help" section.

Anyways, figure out what you'd like and we'll do it up

Best

If this is really a concern (and I can understand guest and "lurkers" needing the help) we can do one better. Bubbles if you'd like, start gathering all the terns, and we'll make it's own page, in alphabetical order. We can put a link at the top with the active content. Having all the terms in a thread means a bunch of searching and isn't real efficient. We could call the link like "Site Terminology" or something to that effect. Maybe let people bring up terms in this thread, then in the mods section make a companion thread without all the inane chit chat and just the terms you want on the page. Rather then me weeding though this thread when a new post is made that may or may not have new terms, being alerted to a new post in the mods section would alert me to add new terms. This could also get doubled in the "help" section.

Anyways, figure out what you'd like and we'll do it up

Best

great idea

keep them coming everyone!! and i will get tham all in order.

What is "rep" or "Rep" or "+Rep"? and is there a "-Rep" or a "Rep-"? What is the plus sign before it meaning?

Ok, thank you anyone.

In the bottom right hand corner of this post is the reputation points generated by my post.

It starts out with a 0. Then people may click on the "+" or the "-" signs to change the score of the post.

Those + and -'s are totaled for all of the posts that a person has made and results in the overall reputation of the poster.

Now me .. I'm kinda like a lab rat with a probe in my brain .. sometimes I live for the + jolts :) (I just know this post will take a bath)

In the bottom right hand corner of this post is the reputation points generated by my post.

It starts out with a 0. Then people may click on the "+" or the "-" signs to change the score of the post.

Those + and -'s are totaled for all of the posts that a person has made and results in the overall reputation of the poster.

Now me .. I'm kinda like a lab rat with a probe in my brain .. sometimes I live for the + jolts :) (I just know this post will take a bath)

Pb...Theres's a + jolt :D

Rep....still not sure on that one, maybe "reply"?

AD = Affirmative Defense (I think. I saw it on another post somewhere on the site.)