Medibles Suck! Come On!

Every dispensory that I've visited and thats's quite a few lately (ThankYou Michigan Voters) The Medibles are gross and don't do much, but give a headache in return. Is there a person out there who can actually make a good flavored and powerful munchie?

Every darn time the meds taste like mold and the "feeling" last a VERY short time followed by a 3 hour headache.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every dispensory that I've visited and thats's quite a few lately (ThankYou Michigan Voters) The Medibles are gross and don't do much, but give a headache in return. Is there a person out there who can actually make a good flavored and powerful munchie?

Every darn time the meds taste like mold and the "feeling" last a VERY short time followed by a 3 hour headache.

The Battle Creek Dispensary on Territorial..... If they got any no-bake cookies in get one of those, trust me you won't have to worry about it working..... I was praying it would stop after it kicked in......

Wow, it sounds like you've had some pretty terrible medibles. The first couple of times i tried them from a few different places i had pretty much the same reaction. It took me a while to find some good medibles myself- I'd recommend trying Ann Arbor Health Collective, they have a wide selection of great tasting edibles. They even have gourmet chocolate medibles!

Dennis, the professional chef/baker at 3rd Coast in Ypsilanti makes the best, he learned in CO and uses his own extraction method that gets a more complete cannabinoid profile. I too have had a problem with medibles as described above, IN THIS COUNTRY. The EU? NO problem. Tis all about processing at the right temperature etc. AND Dennis is on the right path with his and very reasonably priced with clear dosing/ingredient lists included. Preparation in a professional kitchen following Commercial standards of production ensures a proper dose and consistent effect. Hope this helps. WORTH THE DRIVE

If you are having headaches, it is possible that what you are consuming is to strong for your system, maybe the strain used is not right for you, or it might be the sweeteners. Are the ingredients listed on the labels of the products you purchase? What is the strength of the product - X1, X2, X3? You may just be eating too much, to quick.

If you are having headaches, it is possible that what you are consuming is to strong for your system, maybe the strain used is not right for you, or it might be the sweeteners. Are the ingredients listed on the labels of the products you purchase? What is the strength of the product - X1, X2, X3? You may just be eating too much, to quick.

Shiznit...I had to have my Medibles toned down they were too potent even for me. The Medicated sugar losengers are more foa middle of the road though. MY peanut Butter Cookies and brownies are down to the right proportions...THXS RON. My brownies almost had me trippin they were so strong that we had to taper them down.

The Battle Creek Dispensary on Territorial..... If they got any no-bake cookies in get one of those, trust me you won't have to worry about it working..... I was praying it would stop after it kicked in......

When you come on out for the Protest on the 8th I will give you a Brownie or Peanut Butter Cookie...LOL... I will save one just for you.!!! haha

Have you tried making them yourself? I recently picked up some fifths of everclear and made up some cannabis oil. You will only get out what you put in. I would think from a business standpoint that a disp, or medible maker would use lower quality shake, trim, and lower quality buds to make their medibles or whatnot. Just from what I have found, and done, using a half oz of good bud gave me over two grams of oil. And let me tell you, this is not your disp oil, or tincture. 30ml under the tongue, 45 minutes, and the pain is gone. Very strong, very easy to make. I would never use Iso Alcohol, or butane to make anything I am putting into my body. Food grade alcohol is the way to go, and when you get it down near the end, there is nearly 0 alcohol left. It is all dark, gooey, greasy oil that will kick your pains arse for literally, hours! That was the best part, it lasts so long, that a little goes a long way. It doesn't take too long to make, it's a process and as long as you take your time, watch your temps, and enjoy the process, you'll not only have a good time doing it, but the end product will be more than sufficient for what your looking for. It will also keep if kept dark and cool, 1 to 3 months! Just remember, you only get out what you put in. :)

Medibles should taste good!!!! and definitely "get the job done"!!! A good cook knows that what type goes in affects the flavor and effect greatly.. I find myself cooking with different blends for effect and most of all flavor.. The point is not just the effect but also the flavor profile.. Nobody wants to eat something that doesn't taste well.. Extracted essentials from cannabis can be used in a wide array of cooking.. I made a pan of brownies this past weekend to share with some kind folks I met at the Traverse City Music & Micro brew fest... The brownies were a smashing hit and kept us grooving to the music!! I have tasted some bad medibles in my day and even out of my own kitchen.. but that's how I learned, try and keep trying different things.. Key is making good butter/oil to use in the recipes.. Butter This link is a pretty solid way to make butter and with a little experience you can fine tune your method to make it near perfect.. Peace, Love, and Big Buds

Oh yeah... The no bakes from BC are pretty darn good and the turtles are pretty good as well..

Have you tried making them yourself? I recently picked up some fifths of everclear and made up some cannabis oil. You will only get out what you put in. I would think from a business standpoint that a disp, or medible maker would use lower quality shake, trim, and lower quality buds to make their medibles or whatnot. Just from what I have found, and done, using a half oz of good bud gave me over two grams of oil. And let me tell you, this is not your disp oil, or tincture. 30ml under the tongue, 45 minutes, and the pain is gone. Very strong, very easy to make. I would never use Iso Alcohol, or butane to make anything I am putting into my body. Food grade alcohol is the way to go, and when you get it down near the end, there is nearly 0 alcohol left. It is all dark, gooey, greasy oil that will kick your pains arse for literally, hours! That was the best part, it lasts so long, that a little goes a long way. It doesn't take too long to make, it's a process and as long as you take your time, watch your temps, and enjoy the process, you'll not only have a good time doing it, but the end product will be more than sufficient for what your looking for. It will also keep if kept dark and cool, 1 to 3 months! Just remember, you only get out what you put in. :)

I usually just take buds not leaf material for my Medibles. We use everclear for our Medicated losengers as a catalyst. I have a akill room that I toss plants into and if they get stressed or get anything funky going onwith them I toss them to medibles....lol...it is crude and I kill plants but I only want the strongest in my garden.

Wow, it sounds like you've had some pretty terrible medibles. The first couple of times i tried them from a few different places i had pretty much the same reaction. It took me a while to find some good medibles myself- I'd recommend trying Ann Arbor Health Collective, they have a wide selection of great tasting edibles. They even have gourmet chocolate medibles!

One of my guys delievers his medibles to a Ann Arbor dispensary. Most dispensaries use lower grade material. i choose not touse low grade to keep the taste down and to keep them stronger. I do not want people to complain about strength.

One of my guys delievers his medibles to a Ann Arbor dispensary. Most dispensaries use lower grade material. i choose not touse low grade to keep the taste down and to keep them stronger. I do not want people to complain about strength.

Amen, I know that some people use quality grade medicinal cannabis for oils, butter, medibles. But from a business standpoint, I can see using the less thans, for this purpose. But only as long as the potency is there and it's palatable.

I picked up a brand new fry daddy deep fryer at a garage sale and use that for a double boiler. No open flame, and with proper ventilation, it's super easy to make. Just keep the temp down and let the alcohol evaporate the alcohol off. At the very end I hasten it along with a teaspoon of honey and a spritz of orange extract. The honey makes the oil float and it's easily siphoned off with a small syringe. The taste is good and the potency is superior to any medibles I have ever tried, brownies, suckers, crispies, anything.

I would urge anyone that is unsatisfied with what they are getting, to try and make some oil. It's totally worth it, and a great way to store overages in the smallest amount possible. :) Good stuff!

• 2 weeks later...

If you like chocolate and are not much of a baker, try the recipe called "pot brownies, my way". its my recipe and its the one I use when I wanna get a good tasting and highly effective medible quickly. It uses a mix and is pretty fool proof. I'm a recent culinary school grad and love experimenting w/ medibles of all kinds but sometimes you just want something that works and doesn't require a lot of work. This is one of those recipes. Good luck and happy munching!

Best bet is to make your own! That way, you use the right strain/breed of cannabis for your needs... and you know what quality you are starting with. OFTEN (not always) Medibles are the way the folks use-up leaf trimmings- and they add it directly to the food instead of extracting the THC and resins and ditching the leaves-- HENCE the headache.

Get 1/2 oz of bud-- no leaf.... or a chunk of Bubble/ice hash.

Use it to make CannaButter... then use the CannaButter to replace the oil/butter in your favorite recipe or Mix (Brownies, cookies, drizzled on popcorn with some Parmesan sprinkled on after, garlic bread, Shrimp Scampi, etc. etc...)

Need recipe's or how to make CannaButter? PM me....

Archived