Spider Mite Problems? General Questions? The Doctor Is In!

Guest drcanna-pest

Guest drcanna-pest

am trying to reroot a flower stem that got broken off during feeding today, can you tell me your experiance on this. Has four flowers on the stalk. HELP.

hey - how far long in flowering is it? You want to keep it flowering? If the entire thing broke right off depending on how far you are...the only option is to root it like a clone and go back to veg...it wont have time to root AND flower to give you buds. If it is still kinda attached and you nursed it back on it COULD heal...depending on how bad. If you have a pic to add great. Let me know how bad it is...

Guest drcanna-pest

Keep your grow area as clean as possible. Lady bugs are also good to have in your garden. Try it out.

The ladybugs we have in Michigan don't do anything for your garden. IF you can import some from Cali then your golden...

Guest drcanna-pest

sorry for the double post. I do thank you for the fast responce to my Q. yes it broke compleetly off, flowering for about 3 wks. I will try to reveg. and see what becomes of the thing. again THANKS.

3 weeks will be okay to re-root and turn into another plant. it stunts the plant and will take a few weeks to notice significant new growth. it's still way to early to dry and smoke so try and save it. Humboldt Roots works very well for me...and if you have a aero or hydro cloner they work well. but a simple plastic cup and good soil with lots of water works well. im sure you will be able to turn it back into a mother plant or something...good luck!

Guest drcanna-pest

kinda, lady bug larvae will eat mites and other insects off your plants. I have seen them do it

your probably right though...i bet they would get rid of fungus nats in the soil and whatnot. if someone has spider mites they need more than ladybugs to get them off. we have 2 kinds here in Michigan. when it gets bad the only thing I have seen work is Mite-Rid.

I believe the most important thing is catching the little buggers early. I had some and used a pryethim? spray, tops and bottoms of leaves were sprayed, then sprayed again in 5 days, repeated again in 7 days, seems to have done the trick. Seeing lots of grasshoppers, lady bugs, and spiders in the garden now. :) Everything is coming along nicely.

Guest drcanna-pest

I believe the most important thing is catching the little buggers early. I had some and used a pryethim? spray, tops and bottoms of leaves were sprayed, then sprayed again in 5 days, repeated again in 7 days, seems to have done the trick. Seeing lots of grasshoppers, lady bugs, and spiders in the garden now. :) Everything is coming along nicely.

I think your completely right. Preventive maintenance is the key. The heat this summer though I know for a lot of growers they were really pesky. The Mite-Rid was the only thing that actually KILLED them and got rid of some serious infestations. I like using neem oil and some things and keep things clean and I don't have issues. But sometimes when you need new clones you just get them darn spider mites from somewhere else...it sucks.

Archived