Caregiver Faces Charges In Eaton County

antoniobridges

Well that is f-ing insane..Why am I spending thousands on a friggin grow room and crap Ill just pop them into the kitchen, never leave the front door open for fresh air any more...Oh wait thats right my kids and patient also live with me as does my wife...Bet that would go over well LOL..I am sorry but I think that that Kingpin dude was just lucky to get the judge he got. I think most judges right now would seriously throw the book at you for growing in your living room or something...I personally don't give a crap what anyone else does for real...You wanna take risks with it in this current climate feel free..I just thought I would find out whether or not the dude had a true secure locked facility..I just doubt that right now at this point in time having MM plants growing in your living room of your 2nd floor apartment would go over very well in most courts right now..Then again who cares, they bust people for doing things by the book anymore so like really what is the point in following rules to a T anyways? In the end if they want to mess with you they will. :)

Here is the problem.......the law Doesn't say the word "secure".

Just "Enclosed and Locked"

Also, you are spending the money on a true grow room cause it's the best way to grow. You NEED a room mthat can be totally sealed off. There are REASONS to build a proper grow room. The LAW just isn't one of them. :)

OK maybe I missed the part where the plants WERE found in a secure locked facility. You can't just put them anywhere you want in your home and lock the from door and say it is a secure locked facility. You would need an extra room in which you maybe placed bars or fencing across the windows to prevent theft along with very secure locks on the outside of the door. It's just not legal to throw some plants in your living room and lock the front door and call it "secure locked". If you had your plants in a place like I mentioned then they are not or should not get away with it.....

420Peace itssortalegal10 ,

I believe you are sorta wrong about the enclosed locked facility, if the front door was locked he is legal.

In addition when you are home without the door locked the patient becomes the security devise...

I see this as simply, "since we can't get him for the grow" lets just charge him with a violation of the act. Its pretty obvious this is a trumped up charge. Directly aimed at persecuting this individual. I feel for this guy! Realistically he needs a good lawyer. I think the legal fund is a great idea. That is something to be addressed straight away. It could be anyone one of us next.

OK maybe I missed the part where the plants WERE found in a secure locked facility. You can't just put them anywhere you want in your home and lock the from door and say it is a secure locked facility. You would need an extra room in which you maybe placed bars or fencing across the windows to prevent theft along with very secure locks on the outside of the door. It's just not legal to throw some plants in your living room and lock the front door and call it "secure locked". If you had your plants in a place like I mentioned then they are not or should not get away with it.....

I am guess that you can't read or you just dont have the mind to reason what you read......I DIDN"T LIVE THERE NOR DID I GROW THEM THERE..... THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT....

I see this as simply, "since we can't get him for the grow" lets just charge him with a violation of the act. Its pretty obvious this is a trumped up charge. Directly aimed at persecuting this individual. I feel for this guy! Realistically he needs a good lawyer. I think the legal fund is a great idea. That is something to be addressed straight away. It could be anyone one of us next.

YOU ARE A VERRY WISE MAN........ Thanks for you support....Antonio

On Saturday The Grand Ledge Police took my 3 plants of meds and took them, ever after I show them all my legal paperwork. The Police found that I was legal on tuesday and could not charge me with any felony charge. This was broadcasted on Monday on Channel 6 new WLNS Lansing. The Police state that the plant would be returned and no charges filed if they found my paperwork to be legal.

On Tuesday the Eaton County proscutors Office . Issued a statement for the Channel 6 News that I now face charges for poss. of Marijuana that carry a one year in jail. On the basis that the meds were not in a locked area. The Cop came to my girlfriend house which the door was locked. I dont even live with her nor do I grow my meds there. The police found no grow items to say that I was using her house to grow or store them there. The police and county officials are very upset with the law being passed and are going to arrest and seize all are meds and grow stuff. To harrass and scare us from getting are med and caregivers to assist in providing meds to sick patients that need there meds to control there pains. I intent to fight these charges that are trumped up to scare us way from using are rights. I plan to not cop out to any charges and will let a jury show the courts and police that are meds are not crimes. We have to stand up and join this fight together if we stand apart and dont help each other out will we lose are rights and meds. Everyone thinks that this is just a quick way to get rich off of selling meds to the sick. But, other know that were are in pain and want to find other meds that dont have all the side effect that come with long term chronic treatment. I am poor and can not afford to buy my own med from other people or off the street so I chose to grow my own 3 plants.

I am asking you member to help and with the cost of getting legal help to defend my rights as a patient and caregiver. Any assistance is needed. I soon will have to turn myself in the challenge these charges remember the outcome of my caes can affect you all. Because what the police can to is take you meds and grow stuff. So please help in my fight.

Thank you MMMA memeber for you support,

Antonio Bridges

Send any donations to : Antonio Bridges

P.O. Box 74

Holt,MI 48842

I am going to take the opportunity to grind my private "axe" here--everyone of us should be sending $50 per ounce sold to NORML, or my preference, to MMMA to form a MM Legal Defense Fund. We need private attorneys retained who serve as co-counsel with the appointed defense attorney (given your dire financial straits one will be appointed you). MMA posters, Antonio, and others like him--there are new victims every week, due to no or low funds who end up with court appointed attorneys who need the benefit of MMMA retained attorneys who are specialits up to date in the nuances of our law and how it is being applied in similar cases across the state each week. In the November elections California voters are going to pass--among other marijuana related measures--a $50 per ounce tax. What California does, a lot of the country follows by about 15 years--example; their medical marijuana law passed 1996, ours in 2008. BUT prior to our bud being taxed by the state we need to voluntarily put the $50 per ounce toward competent legal representation that serves as co-counsel in all the "Antonio cases" that pop up across the state. A Fellow posters--there are 2 or 3 of these pleas for help each week every week. (Most recently from Trix of Warren), and there is no way we can send a contribution out to every one. Instead a strategic "help" must be done in a way that makes competent legal counsel/c0-sounsel available to every one of the 2-3 targets who are made victims every week.

On a personal note, Antonio, I previously talked with you on the phone regarding gear and grow room set up, and i wish you the best MMA has to offer at this stage of unreadiness to offer co-counsel. Most of us have encouragement to "fight the good fight" but little else to offer, myself included.

One further note, in reviewing Antonio's posts (the one function beyond straight posting I have figured out on here) I see some level of participation/leadership in a compassion club, and it makes me think it is all the more certain Leo is using MMA postings to target leaders in the movement. Not in any way a criticism of MMA, it is a gathering place for mm involved folks and of great interest to LEO, it seems to me.

Amntonio, any idea of other ways in which you might have been targeted?

yeah I am black with a white girlfriend out in Grand Ledge Mi.

am sorry about what happen to you you will be fine it's going to be all right make sure and don't take a plea

mosy people do because they don't have Money and what can they do

We had a BIG event today at the Oakland Countr Court House their were lots of people their with almost the same story We are haveing another one on the 13th of Sept; come join us you will find out that their will be many their for your support

I'll jump in on this on as my first post/reply...I am brande new here and in the U.P. of Michigan, and border town with wisconsin...Still awaiting certification, but these stories are putting a little bit of fear in this upcoming venture. I plan on a totaly secure room, hell it's been there for 5 years now, but haven't had much success. due to mostly fear of the cops ,finding it . Now)when approved) I hope not to be fearful...SO although it is impossible for me to attend these rallies for lack of vehicle and drivers license(another stupid michigan law) I'll have to depend upon others to state my support....

On the basis that the meds were not in a locked area. The Cop came to my girlfriend house which the door was locked. I dont even live with her nor do I grow my meds there. The police found no grow items to say that I was using her house to grow or store them

I'm confused a little where did they find the plants at your girlfriends house? Or at your house?

Actually............

You DO NOT need to have all this extra curricular locks etc. The law says enclosed, locked facility. Not double locked inside a secret room with bars on the windows.

I propose, your home IS an enclosed locked facility.

So, you COULD set your grow up in your living room and lock your front door. If ya really wanted to.

For safety sake, the non obvious room, in a non obvious part of the home is a smart idea.

But, It's NOT against the law to just have the plants in your home!

When I move out my house I most def plan on utlizing my living rooms and just park some fatty as- PARTY GIRLS UP IN MY BIGGER LIVING ROOM. Better space and pop 1,000 watt air or water cooled right over them so they get juicy. SInce my door is always locked at all times how would anyone get in. Unless they illegally kick in the door and rob me...aka Oakland County Snatch n grab style.

Oh pretty sure I saw a post with a copy of the law stating that you flat out are not allowed to sell the marijuana...Wish I had a good enough memory to find it...Oh look peanut found it :)

Better than trying to rely on your memory of a post about the law is to have your own copy of the law. You can find it here:

http://www.michigan.gov/mdch/0,1607,7-132-27417_51869_52138---,00.html

The part you might be remembering could be this:

333.26424 Sec. 4 (k) Any registered qualifying patient or registered primary caregiver who sells marihuana to someone who is not allowed to use marihuana for medical purposes under this act shall have his or her registry identification card revoked and is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 2 years or a fine of not more than $2,000.00, or both, in addition to any other penalties for the distribution of marihuana.

This might be the part that Bouchard is confused about too, but that's just speculation until all of this goes to trial which could take a long time. It's not a good idea to speculate about any of this stuff. I read this rule:

R 333.117 Annual renewal; expiration of registry identification card; fee.

Rule 17. (1) Pursuant to section 6(e) of the act, a registry

identification card shall be renewed on an annual basis to maintain active

status as a registered qualifying patient or a registered primary caregiver.

(2) A registry identification card shall expire on the first day of the

month 1 year following issuance of the card.

I got my card in December and figured it was issued in November, but I recently got a notice from the MDCH that my card is about to expire so I looked at the date and it says it was issued 10/1/09. That's about 20 days after they cashed my check. So now I have to jump through the hoops again and pay the doctor then pay the state before October 1st or I'll have to reapply for my patient card.

It will take awhile and people will have to pay lots of attorney fees and the cops will take a lot of people's stuff before this all gets figured out. Even then the storm troopers will still bust sick people and their caregivers because they enjoy dressing up in ski masks and messing with non violent non threatening pot smokers.

And the Reefer Madness continues.

Anita Bonghit

Actually............

You DO NOT need to have all this extra curricular locks etc. The law says enclosed, locked facility. Not double locked inside a secret room with bars on the windows.

I propose, your home IS an enclosed locked facility.

So, you COULD set your grow up in your living room and lock your front door. If ya really wanted to.

For safety sake, the non obvious room, in a non obvious part of the home is a smart idea.

But, It's NOT against the law to just have the plants in your home!

I read the bars on the window reply, and got a bit disgusted. Then I read this post and laughed as I am not the only person that saw this was a bit ridiculous. :thumbsu:

well as much as i disagree with them leo losers, gestapo jackbooted thugs, i did the unmentionable, i did install bars on my grow room window, and locked the door inside a locked door inside my home. I am pretty sure they won't have a case on you, but as soo many before me stated, them fukers do what they want. Some day we will win this, chit. I thought we already did? but until we can prosecute the procecuters we will be harrasesd. Good luck with your battle and may God stand with you.

Archived