This Guy Says Mexico Doesn't Want California To Legalize It.

When politicians are paid millions of dollars by our OWN government AND the 'drug dealers' and almost ALL of the money goes into private / secret bank accounts, no wonder Mexico's politicians would be against 'legalization'.

But, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm almost positive that Mexico just recently 'decriminalized' small amounts of cannabis for personal use.

I'm a bit confused as to the logic used here.

Anyone help me out with it?

http://cannabisnews.com/news/25/thread25932.shtml

As the Obama administration presses Mexican President Felipe Calderon to stand firm in his costly, bloody military campaign against drug mafias, Mexican leaders are increasingly asking why their country should continue to attack cannabis traffickers and peasant pot farmers if the U.S. government is barely enforcing federal marijuana laws in the most populous state.

This debate grows more urgent as California prepares to vote in November on Proposition 19, a game-changing ballot initiative to legalize the recreational consumption of marijuana. According to the polls, the vote is tight.

Weary of spectacular violence and destabilizing corruption stoked by the prohibition against pot, some of Mexico's most prominent figures are wondering aloud what legalization would do on their side of the drug war.

I got the impression that he wants to know why Mexico needs to keep it illegal and fund the gangsters when we are legalizing it over here.

When politicians are paid millions of dollars by our OWN government AND the 'drug dealers' and almost ALL of the money goes into private / secret bank accounts, no wonder Mexico's politicians would be against 'legalization'.

But, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm almost positive that Mexico just recently 'decriminalized' small amounts of cannabis for personal use.

I'm a bit confused as to the logic used here.

Anyone help me out with it?

http://cannabisnews.com/news/25/thread25932.shtml

yes they did decriminalize small amounts but that was to get tourists across the border to come and party to the touristy spots.

Archived