Imagration Checkpoints Used For Drug Searches Too

420Atheist

All those who are for the immigration checkpoints and new AZ law here is how that will effect your rights too. This kid gets stopped at a checkpoint. The dog alerts to drugs in the car and he is sent to the secondary search area. Now since 2000 they can't pull people over to do drug checks but they can use the excuse of immigration check to do it. I can't help but laugh at the idiots the government hires to do this kind of work. This guys is totality pwned by the lawyer.

Checkpoints are a way of life along the border. If you have never been through one you are lucky. I have gone through many checkpoints and I have been thoroughly searched twice. They aren't just looking for immimgrants. They want to find any amount of drugs. In fact, I was searched at the same checkpoint as the checkpointusa person on 86 west of Tucson.

Almost every road that leads away from the border has a checkpoint on it or no way to get north without going through a checkpoint. There are also checkpoints along the interstates, such as between Tucson and El Paso, Texas.

If you ever drive through the border states, be prepared!

You never know when they are just going to wave you through or if they will have a drug dog.

The secret is that the dog can't tell the police you have drugs on your body, but they can search the car. So, if you have some marijuana, keep it in your pocket and there is almost no chance they will find it, because they need a reason to pat you down or give you a stripsearch

Checkpoints are a way of life along the border. If you have never been through one you are lucky. I have gone through many checkpoints and I have been thoroughly searched twice. They aren't just looking for immimgrants. They want to find any amount of drugs. In fact, I was searched at the same checkpoint as the checkpointusa person on 86 west of Tucson.

Almost every road that leads away from the border has a checkpoint on it or no way to get north without going through a checkpoint. There are also checkpoints along the interstates, such as between Tucson and El Paso, Texas.

If you ever drive through the border states, be prepared!

You never know when they are just going to wave you through or if they will have a drug dog.

The secret is that the dog can't tell the police you have drugs on your body, but they can search the car. So, if you have some marijuana, keep it in your pocket and there is almost no chance they will find it, because they need a reason to pat you down or give you a stripsearch

Sorry, but I've NEVER known a LEO that couldn't find a 'legal' reason to pat a person down IF they want to.

But I suspect a 'cavity' search on a public street might be a 'stretch'. (Pun intended)

All those who are for the immigration checkpoints and new AZ law here is how that will effect your rights too. This kid gets stopped at a checkpoint. The dog alerts to drugs in the car and he is sent to the secondary search area. Now since 2000 they can't pull people over to do drug checks but they can use the excuse of immigration check to do it. I can't help but laugh at the idiots the government hires to do this kind of work. This guys is totality pwned by the lawyer.

The best part of the video starts at 9:15

• 1 year later...

<YOU TELL US: Sheriff stops checkpoint warnings in drug fight ( FLINT )

Published: Monday, October 24, 2011

FLINT (AP) — A Michigan sheriff says he’s stopped using roadway checkpoint warnings that were set up as part of an effort to curb the flow of illegal drugs into and through the Flint area.<BR nodeIndex="1"><BR nodeIndex="2">Genesee County Sheriff Robert Pickell tells The Flint Journal for a story published Monday that the mobile sign “was all a ruse.”<BR nodeIndex="4"><BR nodeIndex="5">WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS SORT OF CHICANERY IN LAW ENFORCEMENT? WHAT DO YOU THINK OF CHECKPOINTS FOR ALCOHOL USE OR DRUG POSSESSION? Comment below.<BR nodeIndex="7"><BR nodeIndex="8">Pickell’s drug team had used the tactic several times in recent weeks. The checkpoint warnings had prompted concern about civil liberties as well as worries among medical marijuana users.<BR nodeIndex="9"><BR nodeIndex="10">Pickell says the mobile sign became less effective following news reports about the effort. He says there were no arrests.<BR nodeIndex="11"><BR nodeIndex="12">The drug team would watch for a motorist who sees the warning to make an illegal U-turn, for example, and pull them over.

http://www.theoaklan...c9395227158.txt

Archived