Mdch And Hprp Do Not Recognize Mmc For Licensed Health Care Professionals

JohnB RPh

You might want to check in with John Targowski of Kzoo.

Criminal law with strong suit in mmj law.

Sorry .. don't have a number for him.

Pb, believe me when I say these 'boards' are 'laws' unto themselves.

They have so many areas in which to go after a 'licensed professional' that there IS ALWAYS a way to nail a licensed 'health care provider'... ALWAYS.

Just my own opinion, which is based upon years of experience dealing with' professional licensing boards', the ultimate finding against a 'card' holder' in order to get around the law would be if nothing else, multiple 'minor' charges that the 'board' would use to 'take' or 'restrict' that professional's license.

The 'ruling' would probably be something like multiple charges of unprofessional conduct, negligence, lack of professional judgment, the list goes on and on. And of course 'legally' none of these findings would supposedly have ANYTHING to do with the fact that the 'professional' is an MMJ 'card' holder. Of course not.

My advice to ANY 'professional' licensed by the MDCH ( which ALSO oversees the MMM Act), if you have a 'card' you might just get along fine as long as the MDCH is NOT somehow cross referencing 'card' holders and 'licensed professionals' names. Yeah Yeah... we ALL know they are NOT supposed to do that... uh huh!

AND IF a 'licensed health care professional' has a 'card'.... DO NOT ... I repeat.... DO NOT do ANYTHING that will bring yourself to the attention of law enforcement OR the licensing board.

Over thirty years of dealing with these 'folks' on these 'boards' and the 'rules'... take it for what you might think it's worth.

Good luck. And don't screw up on that office paper work, baby.

Pb, believe me when I say these 'boards' are 'laws' unto themselves.

They have so many areas in which to go after a 'licensed professional' that there IS ALWAYS a way to nail a licensed 'health care provider'... ALWAYS.

Just my own opinion, which is based upon years of experience dealing with' professional licensing boards', the ultimate finding against a 'card' holder' in order to get around the law would be if nothing else, multiple 'minor' charges that the 'board' would use to 'take' or 'restrict' that professional's license.

The 'ruling' would probably be something like multiple charges of unprofessional conduct, negligence, lack of professional judgment, the list goes on and on. And of course 'legally' none of these findings would supposedly have ANYTHING to do with the fact that the 'professional' is an MMJ 'card' holder. Of course not.

My advice to ANY 'professional' licensed by the MDCH ( which ALSO oversees the MMM Act), if you have a 'card' you might just get along fine as long as the MDCH is NOT somehow cross referencing 'card' holders and 'licensed professionals' names. Yeah Yeah... we ALL know they are NOT supposed to do that... uh huh!

AND IF a 'licensed health care professional' has a 'card'.... DO NOT ... I repeat.... DO NOT do ANYTHING that will bring yourself to the attention of law enforcement OR the licensing board.

Over thirty years of dealing with these 'folks' on these 'boards' and the 'rules'... take it for what you might think it's worth.

Good luck. And don't screw up on that office paper work, baby.

That's probably the best advice anyone could give for someone that holds a professional license. The licensing boards have WAY TOO MUCH power and discretion over an individual. They can always get a person with those catch all misconduct issues like "lack of professional judgement" or some kind of conduct unbecoming bs.

That's probably the best advice anyone could give for someone that holds a professional license. The licensing boards have WAY TOO MUCH power and discretion over an individual. They can always get a person with those catch all misconduct issues like "lack of professional judgement" or some kind of conduct unbecoming bs.

JM, Exactly!

CYA ALWAYS when it comes to the 'boards'.

Archived