Bouchard’S Department Has Been Sued In Federal Court Over Sixty Times.

I'm not even remotely shocked. A long time ago I used to work for the law firm that defended all Oakland County Sheriff's Dept. lawsuits (state and federal claims) back when John Nichols was in charge. The cases we saw broke our hearts; lots of innocent people who were beat down hard. I remember a case where they went to execute a warrant on the wrong house (oops!). When the homeowner insisted that the person they were looking for wasn't there, the deputies beat the snot out of him. We had pictures of the bootprint that got left on the poor guy's forehead. He was left with brain damage and went on disability. Needless to say, the sheriff's dept. got off completely. After two years of this I got out of there and promised never to do municipal defense even if my life depended on it.

This department has a long history of acting like jackbooted thugs.

I'm not even remotely shocked. A long time ago I used to work for the law firm that defended all Oakland County Sheriff's Dept. lawsuits (state and federal claims) back when John Nichols was in charge. The cases we saw broke our hearts; lots of innocent people who were beat down hard. I remember a case where they went to execute a warrant on the wrong house (oops!). When the homeowner insisted that the person they were looking for wasn't there, the deputies beat the snot out of him. We had pictures of the bootprint that got left on the poor guy's forehead. He was left with brain damage and went on disability. Needless to say, the sheriff's dept. got off completely. After two years of this I got out of there and promised never to do municipal defense even if my life depended on it.

This department has a long history of acting like jackbooted thugs.

Well they have the aclu on there asses now..So maybe things will strat to change.

Archived