How Do I Tell The Diff Between Ripper/leo Recon?

How does one tell the difference between a ripper checkin out your property and some yokel with a badge lookin fur druggies?? I am not a criminal.

I saw some skanky type dude on what was a bike obviously yanked from the back of a store room somewhere roamin around on the sidewalk several times. I am home a lot and noticed this guy rode by twice and the third time was too much. I ran around the block and came up on him and sure enough he had a pair of handcuffs tucked on his bike and did his best to not look at me as I drove by realll slow (Would you not look at the car next to you if you were NOT up to no good?). Could be a rapist on the prowl too I suppose!!

Oh well whomever they are, the steel door to my basement is installed and the remote monitor is up and oh by the way I am way below my count and I am not blooming more than one plant at a time. NO money here to steal either! I have no intentions of buying anything for cash anytime soon either. SO LEO?/RIPPER? keep goin nothin to see here

or am I being a tad paranoid?

How does one tell the difference between a ripper checkin out your property and some yokel with a badge lookin fur druggies?? I am not a criminal.

I saw some skanky type dude on what was a bike obviously yanked from the back of a store room somewhere roamin around on the sidewalk several times. I am home a lot and noticed this guy rode by twice and the third time was too much. I ran around the block and came up on him and sure enough he had a pair of handcuffs tucked on his bike and did his best to not look at me as I drove by realll slow (Would you not look at the car next to you if you were NOT up to no good?). Could be a rapist on the prowl too I suppose!!

Oh well whomever they are, the steel door to my basement is installed and the remote monitor is up and oh by the way I am way below my count and I am not blooming more than one plant at a time. NO money here to steal either! I have no intentions of buying anything for cash anytime soon either. SO LEO?/RIPPER? keep goin nothin to see here

no not at all. we have to start watching/keeping all eyes open.

I had 2 State Police cars and 1 county car in front of my house today!

They stopped and were looking around from the road then 1 State cop backed up real slow eyeballing my property. Then they all pulled up next to each other and talked for a few minutes. They eventually left, all going the same direction.

I'm not sure what they were looking for or doing, but it gave me an uneasy feeling. I hope I'm not the next victim!

Dutch, from what I think is that you have an undercover prowling you... looking and smelling for what ever comes to his imagination.

Dirty tactics, they will LIE and might attempt to plant evidence... watch out.

Scare tactics: prowling

Side note, those who have been raided and have their stuff confiscated... computers, those comps have IP addresses and screen names linked to this site or other sites. We all should be aware that the fuzz DEA or otherwise will do everything to get what they want, legal or not.

Whatever you do DON'T call in the prowler as a suspicious person, that would only invite LEO to your house to file reports and such. Take pictures instead, I am sure that bicyclist would not like to be featured on youtube or here.

If at all possible learn about Linux live CD/DVD. It is an operating system that can run from the CD or DVD drive, even without a hard drive installed in the computer.

99.9 percent of them are free.

They can be read about and downloaded here:

http://distrowatch.com/

You will need CD/DVD burning software that will handle ISO images. There are some free ones.

If at all possible learn about Linux live CD/DVD. It is an operating system that can run from the CD or DVD drive, even without a hard drive installed in the computer.

You will need CD/DVD burning software that will handle ISO images. There are some free ones.

What is the purpose of this software ?

Over the last two weeks i have found this late teen aged punk hanging out in my bushes out by my road the other night in the pitch black i found him on his blackberry texting outside my driveway but this is the suburbs so its common to see traffic up and down the street but i know everyone in my neighborhood and i didn't recognize him so after i parked my car i came straight out and told him id appreciate you not loiter out in front of my home haven't seem him since but that had me wondering.

Guest Medicinal Patient

I don't think you are being too paranoid DD. Its good to be a bit guarded. We recently almost 4 weeks ago had a very strange incident happen over here at my house.

My caregiver had stopped by to drop off meds and I had Family over just getting ready to head out as it was getting late (almost 11pm). A family member opened his big mouth in front of my caregiver that he didn't even know an mentioned about plants that had been yanked out of our back yard within 12hrs of this Family member planting them there at the beginning of summer. We were uncomfortable with them being here and not to mention they were planted in front of about a dozen people who were having a party next door. The minute it got day light out the morning after they were planted they were pulled and it upset him and he felt the need to express this to a stranger who happened to be my caregiver almost 2 months after they were pulled. I had previously told this Family member to quit telling people here from these boards about how his 2 plants got pulled by us and how he was upset by it. I opted not to have legal rights to possess plants here, let alone outdoors unlocked in the open. There was no excuse for him to bring that up in front of the caregiver. It was a very uncomfortable moment and there was tension in the air that I won't mention why. Needless to say 2 days later me and my caregiver parted ways and I owe this cg alot of money and the way the relationship ended was not good. 2 days after this relationship ended we had a strange thing happen. I have insomnia and stay up till daylight every night. I went to bed around 7am only to be woken by a pure bred German Shepard around 8am. I looked out the open window and told the dog to go away. The dog was scratching on the side of the house on his hind legs scraping his nails down the side of the house and barking like crazy and the dog tore all the cable and phone lines off both sides of the house scratching as she was so adamant about something. I closed all the windows in every room thinking the dog might break thru a screen. Being so tired I went back to my room to bed. I had meds in 2 locations in the home. The dog somehow knew what room the meds were in in each place on opposite sides of the house. Being so groggy tired I would tell the dog to stop and didn't think much of it in the moment and kept trying to go back to sleep. 2 different neighbors came out and one came over an tried to see what the dog wanted and to send her on her way because it was upsetting their pets. They asked if it was our dog and didn't believe it wasn't at first. Then they asked if maybe there was something burning or carbon monoxide leak or something that the dog was trying to alert us. That wasn't possible as our gas has been shut off for some time now. Now they were really confused and I started thinking was the dog trying to send us a Lassie type msg. I know crazy right. Finally some older gentleman about 60 walked by and the guy said it wasn't his but the dog followed his commands and walked away with this guy with no leash or collar on. I didn't watch where they went. It was raining for hours now yet this guy was on a early walk and I went back in not giving it too much thought. Never seen this guy or the dog before that day and haven't since. Many things went thru my mind since. Not knowing if maybe it was a dog in training for marijuana and accidentally got loose or if the dog has an owner who has meds and it was something familiar to a lost dog or if the dog was sent to warn us of looming danger or something. Or was the dog there to make a "hit". The German Shepard was just a pup and looked about 12 to 18 months. I had 6 strains at the time that were not air tight sealed and put away yet. I hadn't figured out how or what to store them in yet so they were in their ziplocks still. Meds were within 4 ft of the open windows in ea room. I decided to go to that Family members home who ran their mouth to help with the kids a few days after this dog incident. After being there a few days the state police flew directly over their legal outdoor crop. Nothing yet has happened here or there. I don't have a grow here and don't even have meds here for 2 weeks now so no reason for leo to come a knockin if you read this, and yes I am legal. I have not got my plastic yet due to 2 caregivers making errors when submitting my paperwork and a 3rd who just never sent it in for weeks before opting not to work together. I should have had my card by now otherwise. Our neighbors are now suspicious as none of us have ever seen anything like this and now there is speculation going around. Its hopefully nothing but thought I would share. Sorry the story was so long. Moral of the story tho... keep your dang mouth shut to reduce any risks of raids. And don't grow illegally when you have been given the privilege and opportunity to grow legally. Makes no sense to bend the rules and grow out in the open and jeopardize your freedom. Keep it locked up before you get locked up. Don't dismiss any odd behavior that you notice from others! That could be a dangerous and possibly deadly mistake. Stay safe everyone and protect yourselves at all costs. Anyone ever hear or experience anything remotely similar? Can leo unleash a dog to make a "hit" without a warrant? Thoughts? Thanks! Peace

Guest Medicinal Patient

I got about 4 Ubuntu Discs and Kubuntu if anyone needs one. You can also request some free from this link below. Thats the link I used and sent in a special request to get more than 1 of ea and I received them in about 6 weeks. Check it out..

https://shipit.ubuntu.com/

What is the purpose of this software ?

It can run your computer just like Windows can, a replacement for windows, but it is free, and there is thousands of versions, almost all of the main contenders offer aversion known as "live" meaning it can run from your CD/DVD drive.

Which means the computer would no longer need a fixed, internal hard drive.

Meaning, no hard drive, no trails, no giving up contacts, no evidence to be gleaned from your computer, no storage of data, info on your computer.

Not for everyone, but it is a security solution. I believe one other member here said they run just that configuration on their computer.

Maybe a thread on this subject is in order considering the hostile environment the Govt and LEO are promoting.

Guest Medicinal Patient

It can run your computer just like Windows can, a replacement for windows, but it is free, and there is thousands of versions, almost all of the main contenders offer aversion known as "live" meaning it can run from your CD/DVD drive.

Meaning, no hard drive, no trails, no giving up contacts, no evidence to be gleaned from your computer, no storage of data, info on your computer.

Not for everyone, but it is a security solution. I believe one other member here said they run just that configuration on their computer.

Maybe a thread on this subject is in order considering the hostile environment the Govt and LEO are promoting.

Wow! Very Interesting. I wasn't aware of this. The 2 os I mentioned were soo dif and out of my comfort zone that I never really played with another os outside of windows. This is excellent information you have shared with us. Its priceless. To me this is huuuuge and extremely helpful! Thanks a million!! :goodjob::thumbsu:

Thanks Medicinal Patient:! :)

Can tell ya a lot more about it.....later, I gotta turn in early tonight, have job interview tomorrow. I really need it too.

Another plus of most of these is that you can run them even though your hard drive is still in your computer, it will not touch the hard drive. That way you can test it out to see if you like it and if it suits your needs, not to mention if it will in fact run on your computer.

A good place to start is Ubuntu, Mint, Puppy, Vector, Knoppix, OpenSuse, PCLinux.

The free burning software....Imageburn, and CD BurnerXP are two good ones.

Peace

Taj

Look what they're doing to us! If I see someone near my home I don't know and they're just hanging out, I confront them head-on.

I'm not spending any more money than I already have for security or anything else for my right to grow and use cannabis for medicinal reasons.

I am completely 100% legal and by God you kick in my door you're in for a frigging fire fight, uniform or not. I'm not going to be intimidated in the press or in person that uniform don't scare me nor does it guarantee respect.

Guest finallyfree09

i don't think your being paranoid at all dutch. i have seen some strange things since the day i got my card back in february. several times a white van stops in front of my house or just down the street and the two men in it stare at my house and property. my kids have noticed it too. actually... the kids noticce more than i do. theres also been several ocassions when complete strangers have stopped by to see if i have any scrap i want to get rid of.... if anybody out there has ever gone scrappin before then you know that ususally, the vehicle being used is kinda beat up and the guys drivin it are dirty as heck. these people were clean and driving a vehicle that was newer with no trailer or anything. tried to tell me they had been scrappin all day long... yeah right.

imho, being "paranoid" can keep you out of the slammer. ive been accused of being too "paranoid" by several friends... all of whom have been to jail for mj at one time or another and all because they wouldn't take my advice because they weren't gonna act all "paranoid" like me! i've never been to jail so i consider my supposed "paranoia" to be nothing more than covering my donkey.

CYA dutch... at all costs. to heck with ANYBODY that calls you paranoid.

Guest thequietone

I think an certain amount of paranoia is good it helps keep you on your toes. I keep my digital camera by the front door and when I see strange people or cars I step outside and take pictures of them. You would not believe how fast they start moving when they see me taking their picture. I live back in the woods where there is not much traffic so it is easy to spot someone who doesn't live around here.

Guest drcanna-pest

i don't think your being paranoid at all dutch. i have seen some strange things since the day i got my card back in february. several times a white van stops in front of my house or just down the street and the two men in it stare at my house and property. my kids have noticed it too. actually... the kids noticce more than i do. theres also been several ocassions when complete strangers have stopped by to see if i have any scrap i want to get rid of.... if anybody out there has ever gone scrappin before then you know that ususally, the vehicle being used is kinda beat up and the guys drivin it are dirty as heck. these people were clean and driving a vehicle that was newer with no trailer or anything. tried to tell me they had been scrappin all day long... yeah right.

imho, being "paranoid" can keep you out of the slammer. ive been accused of being too "paranoid" by several friends... all of whom have been to jail for mj at one time or another and all because they wouldn't take my advice because they weren't gonna act all "paranoid" like me! i've never been to jail so i consider my supposed "paranoia" to be nothing more than covering my donkey.

CYA dutch... at all costs. to heck with ANYBODY that calls you paranoid.

true that. i know we all have issues here. weather we are patients or caregivers.

i know people going through workers comp and getting tails and strangers wondering by or following them. i don't think being paranoid is an issue if you are a patient/caregiver in Michigan. its natural instinct. sticking to your gut feeling has always been known as the best route. i don't think there will be random raids or anything...it seems all the folks getting in trouble have too many plants or sell to non patients. i havent heard about any caregivers or patients following the laws or not operating in a gray area get searched or have issues. i witnessed a state cop hand back a patients medicine (who was driving but not smoking at the time) and was very professional and nice about everything. even let us go with a warning on the speed. so its not EVERY cop...but its better to be safe than sorry.

Yea Dutch, we have a live streaming feed to an offsite server that is also connected to some law offices and media outlets. We have a generator for if they try cutting the power, and all my neighbors are ready to come out in full force to complain, protest, film, and photgraph, if we get the jack-booted thug tactic here. I guess they will probably just shoot everyone and blow up the building so as not to leave any evidence of their crimes.

WOW awesome stuff

I am a bit of a luddite and so any help with tech stuff is beyond measure to me

I have a camera on my door but would love a remotely monitored set up for all the property. I have 2 buildings on 1/4 acre on the corner. I will be reading more thoroughly as there is a lot of good stuff here. Thank you to one and all.

I am watching all the time

I never sleep

I am not a criminal

I am a patient patient

Guest Medicinal Patient

PLEASE start a thread on this subject! Maybe a tutorial on running with Linux. I could use a few tips! I am for the most part good with computers and always want to learn more. I think I just became overwhelmed and didn't have the patience to figure it out the last time I installed. I still could learn some basics tho! Ubuntu For instance, I have win7 running and this past winter I installed Ubuntu but couldn't figure how to be given the option of which os to run. It always booted directly to Ubuntu. And with their settings and setup I couldn't figure how to get to switch to the win7 os to access all my files or access them from drive c which I couldn't find on ubuntu. So I felt trapped and had to completely wipe the drive and start over. I had completely installed that os so no disc remained in the drive. I love learning about this kind of stuff! I will repost this question and more in the thread I hope you create! This information could help everyone here to learn better safety precautions while using their computer. Even tho we are legal it will bring peace of mind to some. This will help prevent leo from trying to access private data they are hoping to recover from their smash and grabs. Dispensaries should use this os for their store comps. They could store their patient/member files on a offsite and not leave a paper trail around the office that the leo illegally tries to snoop thru and was busted on tape doing so. That evidence should remain private. I was also wondering if anyone knows, can a judge order patient/members medical records into evidence that will be presented to a jury? I think not due to Hippa Laws, but I am not sure? You rock Taj! :rock::bow::goodjob:

I have been running Ubuntu live for almost a week straight now, great feel to it, and one of the cool features is if you have a flash drive you can do the cd-rom ISo on it and setup a persistent area, meaning any modifications you add can be saved to the flash drive.

This allows you to carry the flash drive with you anywhere, leaves nothing on your computer hard drive, and you can plug and play anywhere with your own system setup.

The newest edition of Ubuntu is very simple to use, and is very user friendly, even for the computer illiterate. They provide one of the best help systems and support bases out there. Their entire motivation is to make the experience as user friendly as possible. Oh and here is the kicker, it is free. It also comes with utilities and applications to do anything you want to do.

I would highly recommend the Ubuntu distribution of Linux to anybody. Perhaps, a topic on this subject would be a good idea.

Yep just ask Bob and Torey! Their medical condition is now public record. I would not even read about it so I still do not know nor is it ANYONE'S business except their doctor's and their own.

crap I may be turning into a tea bagger.

Hey Dutch don't buy into the media hype. The teaparty movement is not about political ideology, or left vs right, it is about right vs wrong. It is about getting back to basics and making the government once again work towards the peoples goals, not their own power hungry pocket lining binge spending spree ways...

There are Dems, Repubs, and Indies all in the movement... ;)

Hey Dutch don't buy into the media hype. The teaparty movement is not about political ideology, or left vs right, it is about right vs wrong. It is about getting back to basics and making the government once again work towards the peoples goals, not their own power hungry pocket lining binge spending spree ways...

There are Dems, Repubs, and Indies all in the movement... ;)

you honestly believe that's what the tea party stands for!? Right against wrong! They get into office on a large scale and you think your personal liberties are being taken away now? WAIT!!!

Won't be MM in any state that's a given. If you read how they feel about illegal drugs and as far as they're concerned marijuana is still "devil weed" and is the the mother of all gateway drugs.

Also hope none of your family or friends are gay, black, hispanic, poor, etc, because they won't have a chance at a decent life under a tea party political system.

you honestly believe that's what the tea party stands for!? Right against wrong! They get into office on a large scale and you think your personal liberties are being taken away now? WAIT!!!

Won't be MM in any state that's a given. If you read how they feel about illegal drugs and as far as they're concerned marijuana is still "devil weed" and is the the mother of all gateway drugs.

Also hope none of your family or friends are gay, black, hispanic, poor, etc, because they won't have a chance at a decent life under a tea party political system.

Wow, somebody must watch a whole lot of MSNBC. The tea party movement doesn't have a platform, much less an organization. I attended quite a few of the rallies over the last almost year, they have been filled with folks from all walks of life, all races, all religions, and all sexualities.

Sure there are some folks that attend these things that are on the fringe, but you will get that at any rally, and the newspapers will focus on those members, just as they tried to do with their use of the picture of Judy from the Saginaw rally.

The protests were originally brought together in order to fight against the insane spending, the over taxing, and disconnect from the people; that these elected officials are guilty of. I will vote for any candidate that I believe will fight against those things, and that has some compassion for our movement; regardless of the D, R, or I behind their name.

The generalization you paint in your post, is no better than the ones that the prohibitionists use to paint us with. You are entitled to you opinion, and this one I just happen to disagree with. Don't get me wrong I am supporting the spirit of the movement, not any organization when I refer to the tea party movement.

I wish you well.

Archived