System Abuse Poll

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know anyone who is abusing the mma system?

• not one person
    • one or two
    • three
    • four
    • five or more

Who am I to judge.

How are we to know the suffering of another ?

I'm sure some abuse the system, If it wasn't happening here as it does everywhere else I'd be surprised.

Bottom line IMO is that what a few folks with some character issues do should in no way affect our decisions to help the sick. Its a separate issue as these types of abuse take place everywhere, in every program.

I am very lucky so far our long time family doctor signed my paperwork and has kept it out of my file, so he is a compassionate caregiver.

So far he has been willing to help me try MMJ and has been impressed by the results, as I am off many pharmacutical drugs and have lost over 60 pounds because I am able to be more active.

My doctor is great, I wish there were more like him.

PS I don't want to give his name because I don't think it would be fair to send MMJ applicants to him unless he is already your doctor. He knows little about MMJ in general but is seeing firsthand results for now.

What is the purpose of this poll? I can see no positive reason to conduct it. Even if it comes out that 90+% of folks answer zero, LEO or prohibitionists will suggest that folks were lying in it, and the other answers just add gas to the fire they are lighting their torches on...

Further, as none of us know what the recommending doctor is treating the people for, how can we substitute our judgement for that of a doctor?

Do you know anyone who is abusing the system, shouldn't have a card, selling to nonpatients ext.

Tarzan adjust poll

Thanks for adding the zero I knew I was forgetting something.

I got my recommendation from my reg. neurologist.

Stirred up a hornets nest I think.

I'm not sure I understand this thread. Is it a poll? Or a discussion about judging illness by appearance?

Well, either way, abuse of the system is rampant, of course.

And, just the other day I screwed up, as dad and I were going to wallyworld, some kid whips in front of us, last handicapped spot.

As I'm cussing looking for the guy walking in the store, he is there at the bench helping up obviously grandpa, in super bad shape!

Sorry dude.

Who am I to judge.

How are we to know the suffering of another ?

I'm sure some abuse the system, If it wasn't happening here as it does everywhere else I'd be surprised.

This is something i have been giving some thought to lately. There are psych theories that posit that people with alcohol and other drug problems are actually "self-medicating" to alleviate some suffering they are experiencing. People that are not registered patients ARE medicating. everyone knows this. But, what is important to note, is that many of those people are self-medicating. and the Affirmative Defense was made for these people. i self-medicated with cannabis years ago. i was then able to work through the personal issues i was self-medicating for. But, now i use it legally to manage physical pain.

What is the purpose of this poll? I can see no positive reason to conduct it. Even if it comes out that 90+% of folks answer zero, LEO or prohibitionists will suggest that folks were lying in it, and the other answers just add gas to the fire they are lighting their torches on...

Further, as none of us know what the recommending doctor is treating the people for, how can we substitute our judgement for that of a doctor?

Rev is right. This can only be used by LEO to prove that there are people who are abusing the system. I have no sympathy for someone who is abusing the system. Not because I think people should be arrested for using cannabis but because they will end up ruining it for the rest of us.

Is this really the type of info we want to provide to the politicians when they attempt to regulate medical marijuana in the future? :thumbsd:

I agree... Whoever said 5 or more was prolly leo. or just a idiot. Whoever started this poll must have been thinking everyone using this site is smart. I mean props for telling the truth if it is true but whats the point of this poll anyway I could have guessed the different possible outcomes. Why would the MMMA want a poll on there website saying 25% of people that responded said they know someone abusing mj

The Wonderful thing of FREEDOM of SPPECH ...

If a Mod would of removed this post ,

We would of never heard the end of it ...

So the Best i could do was to edit the poll

and add " Not One Person "

There are a few post that i don't agree

w/ But , What can i do ?

If i did know of anyone that got certified that

is abusing the System , Who am I to judge ?

I'm Glad for them ... :thumbsu:

I would'nt care if Everyone in Michigan got certified ...

I would have participated and voted on this poll if law enforcement officials (LEO) were an option to select as a choice identifying WHO the abusers of the MMMA system are. That possibly would have given it a more accurate reflection.

Who is to say many that voted for "abuse of the system" were not thinking of the numerous LEO abusing the MMMA system by their punishing, targeting, discriminating, terrorizing, and widespread THEFT against legitimate cardholders legally using their choice of MM?

Having a choice of "LEO" on this poll possibly would have clarified SPECIFICS as to WHO the large number of those abusing the MMMA system actually are.

Archived