2 Lbs Per 1 K Of Light

This is theroy, I think we would like to hear specific practices that you use based upon said theroy.

Also, it still kinda seems like you are on here just to make a buck..

the specific practices take months to teach

and as ive stated repeatedly i am a professional grower

do you not pay your dr because you read medical trade mags

do you not pay your mechanic cuz youve read every issue of hot rod

i dont think so

of course im out to make a buck

its called having a job

unlike most professionals i work with a sliding scale from free because i like you to exorbiant because i dont

also being willing to barter makes me even more open than most pros

so with that said and hopefully the topic duly noted and respected

i hope to continue to connect with like minded people

D

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you guys even aware of what these percentages are of?

19-20% of what?

I want to see if any of you can answer this correctly.

This is something I've been wondering about. I thought it was the percentage of THC in a sample of bud with the plant matter included, but have heard it is the percentage of THC in the trichomes only.

Yea...

The percentile is based on the contents of the individual trichome. So each trichome would be 19% THC.

It's not based on the rest of the plant matter at all.

Terpenes in Resin read-outs on Gas Chromatography machines show the different chemical compounds within the plant matter and give a good idea of what thier concentrations are within that matter by controlling the vaporization of the matter.

Good breeders will actually take a single trichome and run it through a GC machine to break it down. It's important to know how to decipher the read-outs on this as well.

"The percent THC is the weight for weight of THC in the dry cannabis sample selected for analysis. A fresh cannabis plant contains a lower proportion of THC as fresh plant material contains a lot of water."

It's unclear what they mean by "dry". Plant material, of the sort you might buy from your dealer - even if dry in the normal sense - is still composed largely of water, so what do they mean by "dry"? It would seem that what they're talking about is a desiccated sample, that is a sample in which all the water has been removed, in effect destroying the biomass material, leaving the oils produced by the plant. We did ask for confirmation on this point, but received no answer.

It's also worth pointing out here that the measurement is actually referred to as "potency", not strength. This careful use of words is typical of the Home Office when it's being economical with the truth. The reason this is important is because the amount of oils the plant produces is not a constant fraction of the overall weight. It will depend on which part of the plant is sampled and how it's grown.

So the measurement they make is a percentage by weight of the oils in the sample, not of the overall weight of the sample.

Is potency directly comparable to strength? It's not clear that it is. In which case, the strength of cannabis over the years has never really been measured. It's also apparent from the reply that no standard system for making the measurement has been employed ("some scientists use gas chromatography")

The UK Cannabis Internet Activists Website

Yea...

The percentile is based on the contents of the individual trichome. So each trichome would be 19% THC.

It's not based on the rest of the plant matter at all.

Terpenes in Resin read-outs on Gas Chromatography machines show the different chemical compounds within the plant matter and give a good idea of what thier concentrations are within that matter by controlling the vaporization of the matter.

Good breeders will actually take a single trichome and run it through a GC machine to break it down. It's important to know how to decipher the read-outs on this as well.

How to quantify trichome volume per weight of bud then? That could be more telling in representing potency of buds. Done with only trichomes all it does is tell you that it has a high-THC cannabinoid profile.

How to quantify trichome volume per weight of bud then? That could be more telling in representing potency of buds. Done with only trichomes all it does is tell you that it has a high-THC cannabinoid profile.

Lets get hypothetical for a minute...

Look at it this way -

A trichome on a Bubba Kush plant contains 13% THC content based on a GC readout of one trichome.

A trichome on a Nevilles Haze plant contains 20% THC content based on a GC readout of one trichome.

Take multiple samples. Run multiple tests. Find a mean. Determine the average.

You could now scientifically say that the Nevilles Haze clearly has more THC content than the Bubba Kush simply by the content of the trichomes themselves.

But here's the deal. Potency itsself, as a word, is difficult to credit all the effects to by implying it's from one chemical. A plants overall potency can be determined based on a multitude of chemical compounds.

So basically, THC content and potency are two different things, depending on how you percieve potency... THC content percentage is based on the average of a set number of samples of just the trichomes.

THC is the main psychoactive compound. A higher THC content simply means it's going to be more psychoactive. The overall affect on the consumer however, also depends on the other cannabinoids within the rest of the plant matter. Some people may consider a plant with high THC content and low CBD content, not very potent because the high THC content and low CBD content doesn't deliver the affects they desire... While someone else may consider a plant with highTHC content and low CBD content as very potent becaue they prefer that affect..

Potency varies from person to person sImply because of the affects attributed to the different chemical compounds and the personal preference to each.

This is a very difficult thing to quantify but this is the basic idea of how most modern breeders go about determining the chemical make up of thier plants.

If you take a look at Greenhouse Seed Companys website - For example - http://greenhousesee...-feminised.html

You can see how they break down the different chemical compounds within the plant and also post an individual THC, CBD and CBG percentages. Those three percentages are not based on the same area of the plant. THC content is derrived from the trichomes while the other compounds are found within the plant matter... So two seperate types of samples must be analyzed.

This enables the consumer to make a more educated selection on the affects they may encounter with the product.

Other than that, the only other way to determine what's potent and whats not is to spark one up and see if you like it.

If THC content was based on the amount present in a whole sample, plant matter and all, it would be based on the sample size. Being based on the sample size would make it even more difficult to quantify. If 1 gram of Nevilles Haze contains 20% THC how much does 4 grams contain? You see? You have to eliminate the sample size variable... The only way to do that is to measure THC content at the source, the trichomes.

Also, if you visit this link you can see a multitude of statistics that GHS offers - http://greenhousesee...statistics.html

If you scroll down to the bottom you'll find a THC percentage chart for all thier strains... GHS states "THC-Values are calculated with mass-chromatography and are averaged on several samples".

When I first saw that it bothered me. I had to know what the samples actually were of. Franco himself told me that THC percentages are derrived from the samples of trichomes only.

I'm just saying if Bubba Kush had more trichome mass per weight it could offset the higher THC percentage of the Neville's Haze trichomes in terms of effect.

Even if the Bubba Kush had a higher trichome count than the Nevilles Haze, the higher THC content within the trichomes of the Nevilles Haze plant is going to produce a more pronounced and noticeable affect. With a higher THC content within the trichomes, it would require less trichomes to notice the affects.

It depends on so much more than just the THC content though. That's my point. It boils down to personal preference really and what each individual prefers as far as THC, CBD, CBG and CBN content and the affects each different combonation could produce. With so many different strains producing so many different levels of all the compounds that create the different affects on our body it's truly personal preference... Genetics play a huge role in trichome count, THC content within the trichomes, and cannabinoid compounds within the plant itsself.

Generally speaking, a higher THC content is going to elevate the affects of the rest of the cannabinoids. We all know that...

But if we were to calculate the THC content based on the mass of the whole plant or just a small piece of it, the results would vary so much that the testing would be too inconclusive to draw any kind of statistical data from that information.

BubbleGrower, I really hope I can get this URL to work. Lets try this again, shall we?

http://greenhousesee...thc-photos.html

(Ok the URL is functional. I fixed the original as well.)

Obviously there is a point where quantity overtakes quality when it comes to THC. If one strain has twice the trichomes, but only 2% less THC in the trichome and all other things being equal I think it will tend have the more powerful effect. Of course the best situation would be to have a graph of all known cannabinoids and terpines in a sample and compare that to the subjective effects of it to learn what to look for in a profile.

Obviously there is a point where quantity overtakes quality when it comes to THC. If one strain has twice the trichomes, but only 2% less THC in the trichome and all other things being equal I think it will tend have the more powerful effect.

Oh absolutely, without a doubt. But there are so many variables in that type of equation that it only complicates things trying to imagine why you would have a situation like that...

Of course the best situation would be to have a graph of all known cannabinoids and terpines in a sample and compare that to the subjective effects of it to learn what to look for in a profile.

Now there's an idea for a valiant project!

I'll be the affects tester and I'll catalog all the information, you run the mass-chromatography machine, ok? lol ;)

Franco himself told me that THC percentages are derrived from the samples of trichomes only.

That sounds like a marketing ploy. If only the trichromes were tested it would have a much higher percentage of THC than the plant as a whole. This would make sense if one were only to smoke the trichromes and nothing else. Generally in laboratory testing the active oils extracted from the vegetable matter are tested. This gives a more accurate view of the potency of the plant as a whole.

as i proved on page 2, sirhuffsalot is a hack out to scam the med scene.

why do you guys put so much stock into THC% when it's always inaccurate or greatly exaggerated.

potent is potent.

if you want to really learn how to yield huge, look at these examples, making whoopee untouchable.

Heath Robinson, vertical grown trees,

"I flower all my plants at an EC of 1.2 regardless of system its a waste of nutrients to feed at higher levels if the plant doesn't need it. In grow they ar at an EC of 1.2.".

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=181239

Humboldtlocal and GangaD, best outdoor growers ever?

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=164917

So Quick, buds the size of your leg, see post #73

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=7366

THe Hempy Pot, by Dalaihempy, super easy and highly productive

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=98419

THC content is the weight of thc resin compared to the weight of plant matter. It can be decieved by taking a super fuzzy popcorn bud and comparing plant matter to resin. The larger the bud however the lower on the scale. For this some companies may take lower littler buds that are overcoated and the THC %age is higher than the larger ones. True tests take a sample from top, middle and bottom and they call this their Average.

For a Master this is no feat just skill. you must have little faith or just presume you better than other growers out there. You sure try to COMBAT a bunch of people on here. You must use little containers I use a 40 gal container per plant. 14' ceiling vertical 1000's 18 ounce average. 65-70 day grow. You already know too much....

OK OK OK OK :)

back to the original post please :) its my job.

38% (proven lie)...... 1 plant......1 light.......... 2 pounds......

pics and a DIY or its not true.

agree members?

otherwise its best to leave this worthless thread sink to davey jones' locker.

ive developed a system over 30 yrs of growing that yeilds 2 lbs per light lie clock work

with certain strains yeilds of up to 3.5 are possible

drop line if youd like to know more

Douglas

Too lazy to read through all the posts but i bet you have to veg the plant out for 4 months lol.

Archived