College Football

College Football!  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Whose your team?

Bleed Green here. All I can say to you UM fans is enjoy the travelling sideshow that is Rich Rod...

LOL, I should have known it was a Spartan plot... Rich Rod is their version of the Trojan horse, designed to throw our traditions and winning ways out like the trash.

I am hoping that the new system works this year, as it is probably his last season if it is another losing season....

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhh my favorite 13(soon to be 14) days of the year... It's UM Football time!

First, I'm a big Rich Rod supporter. I don't care what he does off the field, it is up to the university to deal with that. I believe the man is an offensive genius on the field.

So here is my take on where UM is. Slightly rantish.

On the plus: UM has shown they can do something this year that they could not do the previous 2 and that is play HORRIBLE defense and overall game execution and still win! That is a sign of players progressing. Denard has exceeded everyone's expectation's except maybe RR's, I was way off screaming at him last year for pulling Tate and getting Shoelace some much needed playing time. If he stays healthy, he could really become something special in college football. He has already set multiple records and become a FIRST. (Won back to back Walter Camp Player of the Week awards, never before done.) Only the Big 10 conference play will tell the true tale of Shoelace...

On the negative: First, RR was left with a total sham of a program. I believe Carr is a solid Michigan Man, but he refused to progress when the game did, his tragic flaw. Setting aside the rumors of his lack of home visits the last few years of recruiting, the fact is RR took over a team 23 (yes, TWENTY-THREE) scholarship players short. USC just got smacked hard by the league and they only are short 10 a year for 3 years. 23 in 1 year would be too much to impose on someone as a penalty. Add to that the facilities, or lack of (when MAC teams are out recruiting you by saying they have better equipment than UM something is WRONG), and most coaches wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. So RR obviously did not take over a normal Michigan-caliber team but he had a plan and his plan is progressing just as planned.

UM is in year 3 of a 5-6 year rebuilding phase. I'll admit 3-9 the first year was more than I was expecting in losses, but after learning more and more about the state of the program when he took it over it made sense. Last year UM was 2 rookie mistakes on 4th quarter drives from being 7-5, which would have been viewed as solid progress. Freshman mistakes happen, the playcalling has been solid 90%+ of the time. Adding in the fact that RR said the team could only handle about 45% of the playbook the first year and 75% last year, I am excited to watch the rest of the first true full season with RR's playbook fully installed.

This team is still 80% starting freshman and sophomores. When they are 80% juniors and seniors (2012), I expect RR to compete for a NC. Next year I expect contention for a Big 10 Title and this year I had predicted 7-5 but that was with a ND loss, so 8-4 is actually possible now. I'm not drinking any NC kool-aid this year, I know what is on the field, but I also know what is COMING...

In other words, GO BLUE!!!!! :)

Guest Marywanna

Dear Mr. Bubblegrower, I can't remember all the words to "Hail To The Victors"........something about... YOU LOST :P The beginning of more Ohio defeats in 2010 :D Signed, M GO BLUE

Dear Mr. Bubblegrower, I can't remember all the words to "Hail To The Victors"........something about... YOU LOST :P The beginning of more Ohio defeats in 2010 :D Signed, M GO BLUE

While I share your excitement about the Wolverines scoring 65 points today.... the bloody buttholes (errr... I mean buckeyes) are still playing... Need to wait a little bit before you can rub salt in that wound...

THE TEXAS LONGHORNS! :goodjob:

Hook'em Horns! :thumbsu:

Mizerman :jipo:

Yikes! The "ShortHorns" were gored by the Bruins of UCLA. Obviously, Texas was highly over-rated going into this season. Prediction: Oklahoma will beat Texas by more than 3 touchdowns...way more than 3 touchdowns! OUCH!

battle of the bums today huh? :)

who's gonna be the winning loser?

the buckeyes have indiana at "the shoe" today. that game is over 3 hours before it starts. just another notch on the way to a national championship this year :)

sooooooooooo, i'll watch the battle of the bums today.

go michigan state.

because you know i like 2 teams.......... OSU and whoever plays Michigan :)

edit:

im still the only vote for ohio state :)

mr. lonely here.

Archived