When Is A Plant A Plant?

BigT

This may be a stupid question, but I am a caregiver for 2 patients, allowed to posess 24 plants. Now are cuttings in the cloner considered plants before they root? I usually take more cuttings then I need and pick the healthiest looking ones to veg and get rid of the rest.Do the cuttings count towards my plant limit before they root I guess is my actual question. The law really doesnt say anything about it, and I assume LEO would count each one as a plant even though it doesnt have roots. If anyone has any input or experience in this subject please let me know! Thanks!

Michigan LEO is use to counting everything that has the potential of becoming a plant as a plant. They have even counted chopped up harvested plants as multiple plants. Any thing that has the potential for becoming a plant is considered a plant under Michigan criminal law, ie cuttings. Under federal law they must really be a plant. They must have roots. In a northern Michigan medical marijuana case they had a Michigan State botanist testified, at the request of a judge, that a plant was not a plant until it has roots.

There is no binding case law for what a plant is relative to medical marijuana.

• 1 month later...

Well heck couldn't they then count my clippings from pruning viable then? I am confused because while it has the potential to be a full on plant not all cutting become plants. Also what about drying? Sorry this is totally new to me and I really want to be legal and above board on everything.

Archived