Taking Advantage Of The Situation

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

24/7 ..

24/7 in a war zone.

You sleep with the plants. You can never leave your house unattended.

Then the thieves come. Sometimes followed by the police.

It's hard to tell which is worse.

This is what you think is "moral" to require of people.

Y do people know that your growing meds? I keep my operation on the DL. No one knows in growing.

24/7 ..

24/7 in a war zone.

You sleep with the plants. You can never leave your house unattended.

Then the thieves come. Sometimes followed by the police.

It's hard to tell which is worse.

This is what you think is "moral" to require of people.

dude, you rock

:) believe that i have slept on my grow room floors way more than twice :)

its a life. its MY life. its MY passion. and i know you share it too. kudos my friend.

Y do people know that your growing meds? I keep my operation on the DL. No one knows in growing.

why?

because i help people. i cant tell you exactly how many, but my grow journal and help thread combined have well over 30,000 views.

i know for a fact (because they have publicly or privately told me) that i have helped over 100 "newbies" learn to grow.

it is best done through pictures/video as opposed to personal visits IMO. safer.

Yeah right.... you must use a highbay 400 watt with tin foil for a reflector. and must get someone else to PAY for all the expenses. it costs too much to produce any quantity...of anything worth smoking!!!

My prayers go out to all the patients who actually need our meds!

But to those who are taking advantage of a suffering patient by funding your car note at their expense should be ashamed of themselves.

Not only is that morally wrong, but it puts them in the same category they were in before all this started - a drug dealer.

Some will say that the prices are so high because the person buying could just turn around and sell it on the street to make a profit..

Isn't that what a lot of people do with prescription pain meds? The pharmacy doesn't adjust their price to compete with street prices.. You are doing it to fill your pockets as much as possible!

They call it "helping a patient" but they are only helping themselves to a patients wallet..

Only those who are truly evil should take offense to this post.

Yeah right.... you must use a highbay 400 watt with tin foil for a reflector. and must get someone else to PAY for all the expenses. it costs too much to produce any quantity...of anything worth smoking!!!

Wrong and this is what the caregivers overcharging their patients want us to buy into im not nor will i ever.

I run a 1000 watt digital greenhouse ballast hortilux eye bulb with a 6 inch 442 cfm inline fan plus t-12s for vegetating and still see no reason to expect anything over $240 as a donation for 1 oz of good medicine.

I might be able to answer that one, Branch County had my picture on the front page of the counties largest newspaper The Coldwater Reporter, not once but 2 times over a Misd Possession charge. Not only my name but my face is known to be a MM patient. PB was in a similar circumstance, being outed by the newspa :growl: per.

dude, you rock

:) believe that i have slept on my grow room floors way more than twice :)

its a life. its MY life. its MY passion. and i know you share it too. kudos my friend.

why?

because i help people. i cant tell you exactly how many, but my grow journal and help thread combined have well over 30,000 views.

i know for a fact (because they have publicly or privately told me) that i have helped over 100 "newbies" learn to grow.

it is best done through pictures/video as opposed to personal visits IMO. safer.

I'm not talkin about grow journal's and tutorials. I'm talkin about telling people that your growing meds in your basement and giving every A-hole and his brother a tour of your grow op.

As far as the news papers outing you, I'm sorry for commenting before I know the situation. Sounds like a lawsuit to me.

I charge my patients (the ones I do charge) $100/oz every strain every time. If they have financial hardship such as one patient of mine who is on a fixed income I give Her Meds to her. Never charged one red cent. I'm not in this to make money, and the patients who pay $100/oz pay for my electricity and my time. I run a 1000 Watt light and a 400 watt for veg and it only costs about $200/mo for electricity. I think $250 an ounce is a ripoff in my honest opinion. I veg from clones for 6 weeks then flower for 8-9 weeks. So I have 4 months worth of electricity into it for a full harvest. 8 ounces at $100 pays for the electricity. Nutrients are expensive but they last for more than one grow unless you buy the smallest bottle. so maybe $100 on nutrients so theres 9 ounces to pay for everything but my time... at $100 an ounce.

like i said above.. those who take offense to this are the ones who are doing the evil..

i am not bashing caregivers..

i am not bashing compensation for services..

there is a HUGE difference between being compensated for services and charging $400 per ounce..

If your services are so great, why don't you give them a flat monthly fee and they get 100% of their crops...

but thats where the other problem comes in.. those same greedy caregivers are getting $400 an ounce from more people then just 5 patients.. they wouldnt dare destroy overages as they are "too proud" in their product..

i am all for those caregivers who provide a quality product at a REASONABLE compensation..

they are entitled to something afterall! electricity aint free, either is water (unless you have a well), and nutes aint free neither ;)

nowhere have i said people should grow for free, but those who argue that charging $400 a oz is not greedy should be ashamed of themselves

nowhere have I bashed caregivers.. dont go twisting my words to your liking!

if you cant figure out that this thread is about GREED then you need to learn how to read!

obviuosly you don't have a well either or any clue as to how they really work

it takes electricity to make that pump work

and soil aint free either in my regular proffesion i charge upwards 25 an hr

is that to much to ask? to have your house rewired or remodeled same principal

if your product is high quality that means you put more than 20min a day

go sit on an oil derrick!!!!!

400.00oz is to much not to many people will argue with that.100.00 an oz is one heck of a price,if you need any more patients pm me.

240.00 is the most reasonable to me,obviously there are always exception.My patients aren't ill to the point that they would be unable to grow for themselves,and are encouraged to do so.They have never complaned.I dont know or care what the steet price is.

just my two cents

The CGs are taking advantage, theres no doubt they are way overcharging and the dispensaries are also but in that case your paying for convience. I saw a thread on here where a CG was looking for new patients but wants the patients to agree to a minimum of 2 ozs a month at like $325 or somthing each. WTF no you gotta gurantee a CG and certain amount a month?? Thats BS, F them.

Look here http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/23929-caregiver-has-opening-for-2-patients/

I like what Magglio thinks. People get so uptight over a silly little plant.Theres many options open. Grow your own and have sleepless nights or get a caregiver make a deal with him. Mine was a Z a month(Free) and 250 for anything over that. And a great nights sleep.I use 2 Z's a month. That 125 a Z im not going to tell a caregiver thats a ripoff when i know what it takes to get a quality harvest. But your grow your own options allways open. Cause as we all know growin weed so easy a caveman could do it:) If you get by the mold,spider mites,fungus,Cops ,theives,so on so forth you get the picture here

Health & Happiness Everyone

how did everyone get sucked into this debate??? ask a thousand people how much salt does the soup need? and you'll get a thousand different answers,,,let it go already...if you can justify it to yourself and sleep well at night,and people are willing to buy it...its the right price..lol..zzb

if you agree with your moderators calling one of your members a druggie and a stoner then i will gladly leave and this will be my last post..

Well then, good riddance. You're the one that created the username "stoner" then spent the effort (though minor) to find a suitable avatar of a skeleton and MJ leaf that also says "stoner" then have the audacity to be offended when someone refers to you as "stoner" in a negative connotation.

People pay what they feel something is worth. People sell things for what they feel they are worth. With MMJ there is the intangible value of helping the ill. If someone grows MJ of quality that has a street value of $500/oz they can either sell it to patients at $500/oz for a high margin or $300/oz and most certainly turn a profit. That $200 gap is what the value of helping the ill is to the grower. He says "I'll give up $200/oz to help this guy out" Some growers will think "I'm helping this guy out enough by keeping him a steady supply of how much he's willing/able to buy"

Not everyone sees helping others as necessarily being totally non-profit. The car salesman helps a family get a new car, nevermind that they could have saved thousands by buying a used one. Does that make him a cheat? The restaurant says "Grade A" beef on the menu when "Grade A Beef" is the brand name of a company that makes USDA Grade B beef. Should they drop their prices? Your local grocer buys a 500 candybars for $150 then sells them to you for $1 each. Should you request the cashier give you a discount?

Guest thequietone

The bottom line is it is worth whatever the patient is willing to spend. Some can afford to spend more then others and if you don't like the price of one caregiver keep looking. In my opinion this debate over price is pointless and a complete waste of time. :horse:

if I could find patients I would just make them cover costs....with my set up its about (water, lights two 1k lights, pumps,dehum, a/c, nutes, time, basic up keep) is about $800 for the entire harvest taking 4 months (clone to 8-9 week flower period)....and I figure $200-250 is not to much to ask...if and when I eventually find a patient and they happen to medicate often, I will find a stronger strain to help them so they dont have to medicate as frequently....

I see it as a simple solution....there are people that give their patients an oz a month for free......its all bout what you have access too...

LOL this is fun. Some people buy $500 pants, even knowing they can get pants much much cheaper. It is the same with MM some may feel since they have the money that $450oz must be better and are willing to pay because they CAN. I feel $200-$250oz is good and that is probably what I will usually ask for donation if the patient can afford that easily.

Archived