Can Patient Have Caregiver And Still Posses Their Own Plants?

If you have a caregiver they grow your plants for you. You can not possess plants your self unless you are a caregiver for some one other than your self.

This is incorrect.

A patient can grow their own plants, and have a caregiver registered to them. Only one of them may grow the plants, and it is the patient's choice as to whether or not they wish to have their caregiver do so.

This is incorrect.

A patient can grow their own plants, and have a caregiver registered to them. Only one of them may grow the plants, and it is the patient's choice as to whether or not they wish to have their caregiver do so.

Yes, but make sure you fill your application out correctly. You can choose to have a caregiver but make sure you check the box that indicates who will have possession of the plants.

You can also choose a caregiver for yourself and be a caregiver for another patient and possess their plants.

Regardless though you can't split up the 12 plants from one card between 2 people. Whoever is decided to possess the plants gets all 12, there's no way to legally split that.

correct, if you are a patient and have possesion of your plants, your c.g can not have plants for you, but he can get mm for you and he can have 2.5 oz's for you and you also can have 2.5 oz's cured in your possesion along with the 12 plants!

wow now im confused! lol

Peace

FTW

Jim

If you have a caregiver they grow your plants for you. You can not possess plants your self unless you are a caregiver for some one other than your self. Both of you can't have plants of the same card.

to the bat cave jason! lol

i know someone that said they would give me 1/2 oz a month if i make them my caregiver and i could still posses my plants. Also oz's would be 250-300 and its pretty good quality. I wasnt gonna have a caregiver but that sounded tempting. hes a friend so it wouldnt be some random person i would never hear from again. i just dont like the idea of messing with my application status before i get my card... maybe i will make him my caregiver after i get my card.

i know someone that said they would give me 1/2 oz a month if i make them my caregiver and i could still posses my plants. Also oz's would be 250-300 and its pretty good quality. I wasnt gonna have a caregiver but that sounded tempting. hes a friend so it wouldnt be some random person i would never hear from again. i just dont like the idea of messing with my application status before i get my card... maybe i will make him my caregiver after i get my card.

He probably doesn't know that you wouldn't be able to have your own plants anymore. The option is to grow for yourself or to designate a caregiver. If your friend is your caregiver, you can no longer have plants.

If you have a caregiver they grow your plants for you. You can not possess plants your self unless you are a caregiver for some one other than your self. Both of you can't have plants of the same card.

This is incorrect.

He probably doesn't know that you wouldn't be able to have your own plants anymore. The option is to grow for yourself or to designate a caregiver. If your friend is your caregiver, you can no longer have plants.

nkprthrd, check out Rev's reply to someone with a similar thought. Pretty sure ur wrong about that. The idea of a caregiver is not just to grow ur plants for you but it is a option. A caregiver can grow ur plants and/or posses 2.5 ounces for you and help you with the "medical use" of it.

Get yo facts straight son lol jk

nkprthrd, you are mistaken. You can have a caregiver, but you have to pick whether it is him or you that is responsible for growing your plants.

If you sign him as your caregiver, and you opt. to grow YOUR OWN plants, the only thing that is different is that he can posses 2.5 ounces for "you", and assist you in medicating if you are disabled

This is not correct information...please folks, know what you are saying before you give advice. I currently have a caregiver, someone who comes in and takes care of my needs when I am on the road. I am the one designated to have possession of the plants. Sure the options are to grow for yourself or to have a caregiver, but nowhere in the law does it say that I cannot be in possession of the plants. This is exactly the way that my card reads. If this were illegal, then I am sure that MDCH would have noted the discrepancy and notified me if the law precluded my having possession. We all need to know the facts before we make such statements.

The way it was explained to me was, the plants can be at my home or my caregivers, and my "caregiver" will come to my home to care for the plants.

I think it is another one of those gray areas people do not know much about.

It's really not gray. On the patient application:

Section A Applicant/ Patient

Section B Primary Caregiver (If Applicable)

Section C Person Allowed to Possess Patient's Marihuana Plants (Required)

Select One Applicant OR Primary Caregiver

So a patient can designate a Primary Caregiver, or not.

A patient must designate who can have possession of the patient's 12 plants, the patient OR the primary caregiver.

Archived