Grow Thread

these 4 will get moved to the flower room probably tomorrow night:

gallery_13801_60_149160.jpg

gallery_13801_60_43630.jpg

gallery_13801_60_148055.jpg

gallery_13801_60_128810.jpg

gallery_13801_60_76120.jpg

gallery_13801_60_95322.jpg

they all have reserved seating right next to the other 2. there are 4 Blubonic females (breeder = Spice of Life) under the same light. i just pulled the males out this morning and will be cleaning up tonight........ making way for 4 more tomorrow:

gallery_13801_60_102300.jpg

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the 2 that went into flower a couple days ago are doing just fine. looking forward to a male :)

changed my mind on the others though......... slightly. i just had a new tent delivered and set up (most of the way) today and i need some plants to throw in there for a couple days while i get the numbers worked out. (temp, humidity, fans)

so im gonna leave the vegging ones go for another few more days before they hit the bloom room.. this tent will probably become a veg patch for the blueberry, and i picked up another tent that we will be using to do some breeding in.

now that i have moved some stuff in, and i can judge space......... i think i can eventually get a tray of 20 or so clones and the "junior high" tote with 12 plants in it............ plus 5 totes with 2 plants each all inside this tent under a 4ft 4 bulb T5 and a 400w MH..

i may throw 600W in place of the 400W... we'll have to see.

gallery_13801_60_78464.jpg

gallery_13801_60_5460.jpg

gallery_13801_60_77500.jpg

man, these are just looking amazing! Nice work! (of course!)

well tons of thanks to ya!! i hope you are enjoying the pics if nothing else :)

here's some more:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im liking the tent so far. only because it has windows in it :) i picked up a couple: http://www.4hydropon...No=growlabGL120

if you know me, you know that i am a 2x4 and panda film kinda guy...... but health has me down, and the wife couldnt put hammer to nail if her life depended on it. i should have taken pics of her putting the tent up :)

some old joke about polish people and a burned out light bulb comes to mind :)

haha. just kidding...... this brand of tents are nice though..... i have to admit. but i'd still rather have panda film and wood :)

gallery_13801_60_112347.jpg

gallery_13801_60_68463.jpg

gallery_13801_60_88944.jpg

gallery_13801_60_163813.jpg

gallery_13801_60_70406.jpg

awe yeah.... the roots have gone back to a nice and healthy bright white. and these 2 plants are drinking like fish as well. it was full to the line 30 hours ago. there is about 1.5 gallons missing as you can see. some of that was no doubt because of the night they spent in the jungle also. it was about 85° and about 70% humidity in there.

gallery_13801_60_32703.jpg

today i will put 5 totes in there and link them all together and then to a control bucket that will be outside the tent. this will make watering a snap, and i can control water temp easier as well.

and here are the 2 that have been in flower for........ 4 days now i think? no sign of sex yet. maybe tomorrow. i have a new slab of rockwool cubes and a tray/dome ready and waiting right next to the clean pair of scissors :)

gallery_13801_60_13242.jpg

gallery_13801_60_20704.jpg

gallery_13801_60_166968.jpg

edit: im pretty anal about cleanliness......... and yes, i bleached the walls, ceiling, and floor of the brand-new-fresh-outta-the-box tent before i moved any plants in :)

Super dig your set up ;)

Could be your pics, but doesn't seem light is reaching into the thick lower regions of your plant. Have you though of or used vertical lighting?

I'm new to hydro and my set up is similar with plants "stacked" close together.

right now, the ones on the tent are only about 12-14" tall.... with a glass enclosed 400w MH about 3" off the tops........... yeah, its getting penetrated.

i will probably run a 600w in there along with the T5 instead though. those plants are ready for flower anytime and are only there for testing purposes :)

and yes, i have used vert. lights many a time. still do. you will see them in the breeding room that is going to be added to this journal very soon.

i normally use 1k's for flowering. ALL the penetration :) but in the breeding room, i will be using lesser lights and more of them. the meds arent of concern to me. its the beans.... so i will be using supplemental side vertical lighting to compensate.

im sure its the pics. if i used the flash, they would all be uniform.

here's the biggest one out of the pack. i have it cloned already, but i have decided that whether it be male or female, its going into the breeding room.

here's a before the trim (the plant on the left):

gallery_13801_60_13242.jpg

and here's what i took off:

gallery_13801_60_35653.jpg

just some old, undesirable fan leaves............ and here he/she is after the cut:

gallery_13801_60_176890.jpg

gallery_13801_60_146890.jpg

i think im gonna flip the switch on them tomorrow night. we'll see :)

the other 2 plants that are already in flower went straight into 12/12 from 24hrs/day of light. when these 4 go in, i will turn the lights off completely for 24 hours first and we will see which ones show sex fastest. always looking to knock a day off if possible.

also, i was comparing some of these pics, with some others that i took of a diff strain in a diff room. i think these look a bit "shady" because of the mix of T5 fluorescent and MH lighting in there. i will get pics when i pull them out to go into flower and you will see the difference.

gallery_13801_60_209989.jpg

gallery_13801_60_210038.jpg

gallery_13801_60_92765.jpg

gallery_13801_60_86141.jpg

gallery_13801_60_189813.jpg

gallery_13801_60_45287.jpg

well, i seem to be having nothing but luck with this pack of seeds and this strain so far.day 7 of flower for these 2:

gallery_13801_60_51289.jpg

gallery_13801_60_181247.jpg

those were the best 2 out of the bunch as far as bushiness/speed in veg. so i threw these 2 in flower before the rest. 7 days ago.

BOTH ARE FEMALES!!

i took 2 clones from the bigger of the 2 before going in.

it was actually 9 days on the clones. i took those clones 2 days before they went in flower. and they have rooted already. not too shabby timewise for rockwooling it.

so i'm going to chop these 2 up a bit more today. take more clones, clean them up one final time, and then find a nice spot in the room to sit and grow.

so, it takes about 9-10 days for clones to root and about 7-8 days for the strain to show sex.

the other 5 BB's will in the dark tonight for 36 hours and then into 12/12 starting Tues. morn. going with that long dark period before flower to compare to the other 2.

and the already rooted clones will get transplanted into a light mix of the general organics line. once again for comparison.

little timeline for growth comparison:

day 1:

have a couple popping up right now.

welcome to the world little ones.

med_gallery_13801_60_1746942.jpg

med_gallery_13801_60_613437.jpg

med_gallery_13801_60_252075.jpg

and here they are 32 days later........... from seed........ last day of vegging:

thank you my friend, means a lot. truly.

and it took me all but 7 seconds to talk myself into doing it :)

pulled the best 2.......... the giant and the next best looking one, and threw them in the flower room.

gallery_13801_60_95606.jpg

maybe i will get double lucky and have my male and female right here......... wow, i would be more than thrilled with that.

and i am seriously impressed with DJ Short. no joke.

and another 7 days later. the end of week one of flower:

gallery_13801_60_29704.jpg

so its been 39-40 days since the bean popped from the rockwool cube. 7 days in flower already.

BG, it is so awesome that you had females there! Healthy plants, nice new grow set up, and very clean! Looks like something from my past, wait a minute, space aliens, bubbles, co2, reminds me of the shelters where we held Zora of Tiburon to try to stop her monstrous experiments on the inhabitants there.

320x240.jpg

Anyways, I am certain that some more good use is coming from the use of this futuristic, modern, clean grow area. BubbleGrower, as usual, you 'da Man! A model for all who aspire to a higher level...

BG, it is so awesome that you had females there! Healthy plants, nice new grow set up, and very clean! Looks like something from my past, wait a minute, space aliens, bubbles, co2, reminds me of the shelters where we held Zora of Tiburon to try to stop her monstrous experiments on the inhabitants there.

320x240.jpg

Anyways, I am certain that some more good use is coming from the use of this futuristic, modern, clean grow area. BubbleGrower, as usual, you 'da Man! A model for all who aspire to a higher level...

im not familiar with this Zora?? is he/she a patient in need of meds?? :)

thanks bish. YOU da' man.

look forward to meeting you here in a couple weeks :) (hint, hint ;) )

Archived