Bubblegrower's Blueberry Patch

Grow Thread

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so let me get this straight...you dont top/train or LST (low stress train)any of your plants??? or is it just this batch so you can see how it naturally runs with the DJBB strain???? I have run this strain for a decent amount of time and I would suggest topping....I know you have seen my posts on flopping branches in the past...but I take it to the Nth degree...topping every 2 days and just getting a massive amount of heads (hence not letting me branches thicken up enough to support the weight) but this strain in particular responds very well to topping...better than any other strain I have ever seen....

just my .02 cents

They look fantastic bro. :)

mmmm blueberry pie-Looking great BG,keep up the good work!

THANKS GUYS!! :sword: :sword: :rock:

so let me get this straight...you dont top/train or LST (low stress train)any of your plants??? or is it just this batch so you can see how it naturally runs with the DJBB strain???? I have run this strain for a decent amount of time and I would suggest topping....I know you have seen my posts on flopping branches in the past...but I take it to the Nth degree...topping every 2 days and just getting a massive amount of heads (hence not letting me branches thicken up enough to support the weight) but this strain in particular responds very well to topping...better than any other strain I have ever seen....

just my .02 cents

correct. the first time i run a strain, or when im running a pack of beans to find keepers (male and female both in this instance) i ALWAYS let the plant go natural on the first run. its the only way to find the true charachteristics of each individual plant. regardless of what i know, or what i think i know...... i will always let them go natural first. after i have made my choices, and my cuts are taken and rooted, i THEN i begin playing around with toppping/nute changing ect. and see what works best for me, my grow room, and the plant.

Dude, how do you get 'em so bushy? The nodes are like an inch apart! Just genetics? or do you do something specifically for this outcome? I'm sure this has been asked before! Thanks bro! Great lookin ladies!! BTW- thanks for all you do here, I'm trying out my first bubble bucket this grow!

Looking good. Can't wait to see this girl finish.

you and me both brother :):sword:

Dude, how do you get 'em so bushy? The nodes are like an inch apart! Just genetics? or do you do something specifically for this outcome? I'm sure this has been asked before! Thanks bro! Great lookin ladies!! BTW- thanks for all you do here, I'm trying out my first bubble bucket this grow!

i am careful with the light, what that light is, and how far from the plants it is as well. other than that..... nothing special...... they just grow really fast in bubbles :)

YEP, YEP... Very nice happy plants.

Are you going to get some seeds from her? Maybe some cuttings?

Keep em coming!

:skydive:

already have 12 cuttings taken from the 2 known females. i will be putting a male and female in the breeding room for a batch of F2 seeds as well. before long, it will be a real big BB patch :)

Yummy blueberry! Big 'n bushy! :bow:

they continue to look great!

as always..... thanks guys :)

Is there a list for the F2's? :))

haha, i guess there is now :) and you on top of it FOR SURE.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

speaking of F2's, the breeding room has been "set up" for awhile now (mostly in my mind) but today it is taking shape. 3 of the remaining 5 showed sex this morning. 2 males and a female. thats 3 females so far............. still 2 unknown.

and i believe we have our "stud" as well :) i will get the first pics of him tomorrow morning as he gets moved into his new home. and speaking of new homes..... it's here, just have to put the finishing touches on things and clean the walls/fans and stuff. it's an old closet. 2' x 3' of it will be the breeding room for now. i had every intention of using fluoros in there, but i have dug out a 400w HPS instead. the floor is the floor from a dog cage. perfect fit. couldnt resist. thick strong plastic, and curved up on the edges. cant beat it. actually thinking of maybe altering the rest of the cage into a scrog unit :) next project.

for now we are makin' babies:

gallery_13801_60_52160.jpg

gallery_13801_60_34872.jpg

gallery_13801_60_64358.jpg

we have LIGHT :)

gallery_13801_60_80357.jpg

and i have a bunch of these ready to go...... i have been keeping them on a tray and letting each root die once it hits air for awhile.... forcing more roots.

really i have just been stalling and waiting for a bunch of others to catch up to these first few..... but once they hit a bubbletote they are gonna grow like weeds.

gallery_13801_60_140483.jpg

I would love to Help you test those F2 beans bubble :) keep me in mind when the ladies are all prego buddy :)

will do :) beans are MUCH easier to spread around than clones when you are a busy guy like myself.

I'm thinking right about now would be a good time to buy some stock in Sterlite! :)

That is, if they are publicly traded company..... :lol:

i should be getting my Christmas card and yearly profit sharing check in the mail any day now..... hahahaha

i could never count how many Sterilite totes i have laying around. a lot. :rolleyes:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just a few notes on the Blueberry while i am thinking about it.

all-in-all its a very easy strain to grow. there were a few pigment problems on a few leaves. also, the leaves have more of a "vegetable" appearance to them compared to the "normal" cannabis leaf. they are more wrinkly and soft than most. there were a few deformed leaves here and there. none of these things are a problem, and none are anything to worry about......... although i could see a newer grower freaking out over it.

this strain seems a bit finicky in the early stages. go real light on nutes in the beginning. i have never taken them above 1000ppm and i dont see much reason to do so.

they like their space :) no doubt. from now on i will not be vegging these 2/tote for very long if at all. they need to be in buckets by themselves. not only do they just plain grow too fast, they are wicked evil about defending their space. most strains, when cramped together like that, will just lean in the opposite direction. these will get all curvy, with the main stem looking like a snake by the time they are 30" tall. they like their space...... now i know.

surprisingly, they are just now beginning to smell, and it really is not that over-powering yet at all. i grew out a Kootenay BB in my Cali grow room and it was not a very scented plant in veg either, but i had heard different about DJ's. doesn't seem to be true. but i'm sure it's going to get pretty powerful over the next couple weeks though.

i cannot wait to run a cycle of clones and start topping these things. wow. with the bushiness that i have letting them go natural, its going to be tons of fun topping them.

yeah, i can see this strain giving us all some fun for a long time to come :) i've decided to throw a bubbledick plant in the breeding room as well. let her soak up some BB pollen and we'll see what happens. another few hundred beans to play with on top of the BB F2's.

+Bows b4 thy gifted one+

rock.gif

seems like you finially figured out this growing thing eh? LOL

thumbsu.gif

practice makes perfect....

goodjob.gif

:rolleyes: tons of practice :)

Well I would like to be put on the f2 seed list please. Thank you BG

i had no idea that all this was going to happen :) i figured i'd just throw some beans in the archive for future use, but if you all want them, by all means, get on the list :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

getting the male moved in right now. some of his partners didn't make the trip.

we had a triple homicide here earlier.

gallery_13801_60_43483.jpg

gallery_13801_60_167626.jpg

gallery_13801_60_140196.jpg

more pics to come in a couple hours.

Archived