Sputnik 2

tricloud

Just started some Sputnik 2 seeds two days ago, (Friday Oct 8 2010) and all but 2 have germinated so far. I got the seeds from Indica Jones and I want to thank him once again for hooking me up........Thanks Indica Jones!

I have one Sputnik 2 clone I got from a friend and it's fantastic but I want to see if we can find something better and possibly a couple nice male plants too.

This strain was made by TGA but was actually bred by ToB (Tired of Buying) who is a friend of mine. She selected the father and apparently did an excellent job. Sputnik 2 has a very unique in your face flavor that is hard to beat. The Apollo13 in her genes has a positive influence of potency.

We're growing out all 10 original TGA Sputnik 2 seeds right now. Hoping to use these seeds for many future projects and may even try to "stabilize" her if possible.

Pics coming very soon.

Add another to the list of strains I'm keeping my eye on. Good work tricloud.

Hey thanks again avgjoe!

Good news, we got 10 for 10 or 100% germination on those Sputnik2 seeds. I'll get some pics today.

Once again thanks goes out to Indica Jones for supplying the seeds. :bow:

Looks like you know how to properly store your beans bro. :thumbsu:

I promise to make good on our agreement.

Hey thanks again avgjoe!

Good news, we got 10 for 10 or 100% germination on those Sputnik2 seeds. I'll get some pics today.

Once again thanks goes out to Indica Jones for supplying the seeds. :bow:

Looks you know how to properly store your beans bro. :thumbsu:

I promise to make good on our agreement.

im watching this one :watching:

:) best of luck!! sounds like things are getting started off just perfect!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I promised some pics and it's been a little while. I took one this morning of all 10 Sputnik2 seedlings. Starting to take off now.

They all have fairly wide leaves compared to my Apollo 13 but things can change as they get taller. I'm very happy with the way they are looking, they are very healthy.

I know I need to get a better pic, the battery died before I could get a real good one.

sputnik2-babies.jpg

Ok I promised some pics and it's been a little while. I took one this morning of all 10 Sputnik2 seedlings. Starting to take off now.

They all have fairly wide leaves compared to my Apollo 13 but things can change as they get taller. I'm very happy with the way they are looking, they are very healthy.

I know I need to get a better pic, the battery died before I could get a real good one.

sputnik2-babies.jpg

Wow, nice start TriCloud. I am happy that you shared your success with us, for inspiration, comparison, and information. You have helped many humans here. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Great news, the Sputnik2 preflowers in veg like Apollo13. Started showing good enough this morning to get a read on 8 of the 10 plants. So far we have 5 females, 3 males and 2 undetermined.

5 females so far, that's all you can really expect from a pack of non feminized beans. Actually I like having a nearly even number of boys and girls from these seeds cause we need at least a couple males for our projects.

We just put 'em into 1 gallon pots from solo cups a few days ago. I'll try and get some pics soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Things are moving along quickly with the Sputnik2.0 plants. Had to put the girls in the flower room because they were getting too tall and showing sex. The grand total is 5 girls and 5 boys.

Have to take cuttings once they start branching a little more. Hate doing that in the flower room but sometimes that's the way it goes, especially when starting seeds.

It's going to be tough deciding which males to keep, they all look nice and healthy as well as the ladies. I'll try to get pics tonight.

• 1 month later...

Sorry that I haven't been very diligent about taking pics and posting progress through this grow. It's been a very busy time. The grow is almost finished now and some plants are ready and being harvested already.

Here are some pics:

Sputnik2 Grow Pic 1

sputnik2-grow-mixed-seed-clone-angle2.jpg

Sputnik2 Grow Pic 2

sputnik2-grow-mixed-seed-clone.jpg

Sputnik2 Sativa Dominate Clone

scotts-sat-dom-sputnik2.jpg

Great job. They look canndaful. plant_grow.gif

Hey thanks again IJ couldn't have done it without ya bro. I'm going to keep everything separate and when everything is dry and cured I'll bring samples of each plant to the club for us to sit down and try.

Will have the rest of the plants backed up for ya soon.

Here is a video of the grow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPgosmgSeIg

WOW LOOK HOW YELLOW THOUSE LEAVES ARE!!!!

Nice finish, bro! It is in capitals because that is how a plant should look at harvest! everyone take note!

TY gardenlover. Here are a couple more pics of the clone plant, gets nice color on the calyx's. You can see a slight pinkish hue on the larger bud.

scotts-sat-dom-sputnik2-pic2.jpg

scotts-sat-dom-sputnik2-pic3.jpg

Archived