4 In 1 Soil Tester

The very first thing you should do is purchase some pH 7.0 calibration solution and test the pH readout on it.

Those types of meters are never accurate at all. I've tried the RapiTest versions and can honestly say they are absolute garbage. I bought one just to test it out. I have pH 4.0 calibration solution and pH 7.0 calibration solution. Upon testing it in both solutions the readings were WAY off. In the 4.0 solution the meter was reading 6.9. In the 7.0 solution the meter was reading somewhere around 9.

I would be just as skeptical about this one as well.

You get what you pay for in this situation. I do not recommend either the RapiTest pH meter nor the LusterLeaf. Both are incredibly inaccurate and unreliable.

Milwaukee makes an excellent pH pen for a cheap alternative. http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item1e5e59ff4d <<-- $30.98 w/free shipping.

The pH600 is the exact meter that I use and have been using for about 2 years now. It is still very accurate. It needs to be calibrated about once or twice a week. But I check it before I use it every time. It's a champ. Still reads 7.0 like it was brand-new...

I highly recommend this product.

• 3 weeks later...

The very first thing you should do is purchase some pH 7.0 calibration solution and test the pH readout on it.

Those types of meters are never accurate at all. I've tried the RapiTest versions and can honestly say they are absolute garbage. I bought one just to test it out. I have pH 4.0 calibration solution and pH 7.0 calibration solution. Upon testing it in both solutions the readings were WAY off. In the 4.0 solution the meter was reading 6.9. In the 7.0 solution the meter was reading somewhere around 9.

I would be just as skeptical about this one as well.

You get what you pay for in this situation. I do not recommend either the RapiTest pH meter nor the LusterLeaf. Both are incredibly inaccurate and unreliable.

Milwaukee makes an excellent pH pen for a cheap alternative. http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item1e5e59ff4d <<-- $30.98 w/free shipping.

The pH600 is the exact meter that I use and have been using for about 2 years now. It is still very accurate. It needs to be calibrated about once or twice a week. But I check it before I use it every time. It's a champ. Still reads 7.0 like it was brand-new...

I highly recommend this product.

Thanks for the heads up on them junk meters!I was going to get one.Only because moneys an issue. ill save up and get one that works.Thanks again :thumbsu:

Archived