55,000 Pot Applications: County Leaders Call On State To Clarify Law On Medical Marijuana

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's actually quite disturbing how these people are trying to use children and family values as a guise for amending this law. It is the typical framework set by the Bush administration. We (the government) must be the ones making all the decisions or terrorists will bomb you. Fear tactics are basically stooping down to a terrorists level. But why do both terrorists and politicians like those in Oakland County use them? Because a lot of times that work. Conservatives or extreme radicals 'hate what they fear and fear what they don't understand' .. This motto represents a gradually dying breed in this country and they know that. They are trying to get a grip on as many things as possible before a more rational generation takes over. This is going to come down to a battle of wills people.

Can Cooper really be this obtuse and or naive?

Rev, Obtuse? ! She certainly is. Naive? No. She knows full well what she is attempting.

But I liked the one about not smoking in front of the 'children'.

Does she and her 'legal' colleagues hold this SAME vehemence and hate for 'cigarettes' being used in front of children?

And what about alcohol... don't know if she's a drinker... but I'll bet SOMEONE in her house at SOME time tipped a beer in front of the 'kiddies' or enjoyed that 'lovely' little olive martini after a tough day at the 'law office'.

She along with other anti-cannabis folks are 'pi**ed off' that the voters went around them and passed the MMM Act.

They're taking it as a 'personal' affront that 'they' are losing control of the 'political' agenda.

Can't WAIT until California 'legalizes' cannabis for general use by the public.

If you could harness it you would be able to power a large city with the 'rage' that will be spewed by these folks when Cal does it.

HOW ABOUT THE REFRIDGERATOR FULL OF DAD'S BREWSKY'S IN THE GARAGE THAT THE TEENAGERS HAVE ACCESS TO!!!!!!!!!!!!

drink and drive and kill innocents...them and their children

it is prohibition-it needs to stop-if alcohol can be re-legalized so should hemp/MJ-i am afraid that the Michigan Marijuana Movement will be strangled with same sex marriage-argued/regulated to death-we are not allowed to grow our own poppies or coca plants for self medication-why should they let us make our own medicine-it is highly regulated controlled and taxed by the powers that be-they want us to have to go to a pharmacist to get our prescriptions filled-i know the mindset of where they are coming from-the movement is a threat to all they hold dear and their pocketbooks especially-i am afraid this is going to be a failure and they are going to round us all up as miscreants and put us all in the cooler for a stretch if we push too hard-they know we want to legalize Hemp/MJ the medical MJ movement may have seen its best days already

we all need to call Jennifer Granholms office and our house of representatives/senators and bombard them with polite succinct pleas for our rights to be upheld by law enforcement and legislation

Governor J.G. office link

http://www.michigan.gov/gov

if you want to leave an opinion by E-mail here is the direct link

http://www.michigan.gov/gov/0,1607,7-168-35316-65331--,00.html

may the schwartz be with us-Tater

Funny thing is that Republicans used to be the civil rights party. Remember Abe Lincoln a Republican and after slavery, most blacks associated themselves with the Republican Party due to that fact. Wow have things changed.

Most folks don't realize they were also instrumental in pushing the Civil rights legislation passed the filibusters and other hurdles setup by the entrenched Southern Dems..

Neither party is what it was, or what they report to be. It is all about lip service these days and getting kickbacks (I mean earmarks for themselves and their friends)...

There is some good discussion on the news article going on at the Oakland Press copy of this story...

I feel so bad for Ms. Cooper that proceeding through the legal system was so "cumbersome". Her words to the reporter. It would be so much easier if she could just do as she pleased with no regard whatsoever for the law, the constitution, or individual human rights.

I still say it must be some mental deficiency that causes some human beings to believe that it is ok to rule over other humans without their consent (tyranny).

Shame on her and her fellow statists for their stance on the issue of who owns you, you or the state? If these democrats and republicans can do whatever they want to us, it is the total end of the republic as we knew it. Maybe already too late for saving...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_authoritarianism

We have no choice but to play their game now. I need a good writer to beat them to death with the alligator lie. The angle is simple. Would you want this sheriff testifying against your child? He is a liar, we have proven that. We also need a separate article concerning his misrepresentation of the law and it's intent, starting with his lie concerning the name of the law. It's time to play hardball now. We are in their court, we must beat them to death with the facts. We hit Jessica Cooper with First Amendment Violations and the birds of a feather argument. Since she sides with the sheriff on the major issues, then she is a liar too. We also need an article about abuse of the sick and the compassionate people that take care of them. We must take back the initiative and hold on to it. We had this thing won and let it get away from us. We can't afford mistakes! Thanks, Bb

Joe I am willing to collaborate with anybody that you wish for those articles.

I am not sure if you caught the other topic I started about our lovely Ms. Cooper... she is trying to get the heat off of her back for charging a woman with 2nd degree murder against her husband, prior to the doctors reporting back on cause of death... The woman was incarcerated and forced to miss her husbands funeral, and still Jessica "hang em high" Cooper has refused to apologize or even admit making an error.

You are right about needing to seize the message and the momentum, the time is now.

These people and the rest of the 36% are just INSANE...my god people go away!We will win this war,cause there is a lot more of us than there will ever be of them ..."fight the good fight every minute every day" :sword:

We will win this war because we are doing what is right and compassionate for all human beings. Indeed continue to fight the good fight each and every day.

How many other causes can you think of that have atheists, ordained clergy, lawyers, sick, healthy, rich, and poor all fighting for the same thing. The compassionate care of our fellow human beings, and the end of persecution for taking a naturally occurring medicine?

We will win this war because of the righteousness of our calling, and because of the wonderful people that overcome their ailments to stand together and bring the fight to our enemy.

We have no choice but to play their game now. I need a good writer to beat them to death with the alligator lie. The angle is simple. Would you want this sheriff testifying against your child? He is a liar, we have proven that. We also need a separate article concerning his misrepresentation of the law and it's intent, starting with his lie concerning the name of the law.(Maybe we could combine these two articles, we just need to hit him hard on the fact he is a lying sack of ....) It's time to play hardball now. We are in their court, we must beat them to death with the facts. We hit Jessica Cooper with First Amendment Violations and the birds of a feather argument. Since she sides with the sheriff on the major issues, then she is a liar too. We also need an article about abuse of the sick and the compassionate people that take care of them. We must take back the initiative and hold on to it. We had this thing won and let it get away from us. We can't afford mistakes! Thanks, Bb

We need a rapid response committee to answer this and all future misrepresentations because this gang is just getting warmed up and they are getting free media exposure for their propaganda.

Joe I am willing to collaborate with anybody that you wish for those articles. ...

You are right about needing to seize the message and the momentum, the time is now.

Excellent! You do a fine job of expressing our position. Maybe we can get the Shoes United guy and a couple of others to help. I'd be glad to proof read and offer suggestions.

Most folks don't realize they were also instrumental in pushing the Civil rights legislation passed the filibusters and other hurdles setup by the entrenched Southern Dems..

Neither party is what it was, or what they report to be. It is all about lip service these days and getting kickbacks (I mean earmarks for themselves and their friends)...

There is some good discussion on the news article going on at the Oakland Press copy of this story...

By no means do I have anything against the Republican party as I have voted for both parties in the past. It is a select few that have given certain issues a bad name, just as it has for Dems. Unfortunately like the MMMA's situation, it only takes a few to spoil the bunch. I am more than willing to help in any way possible and probably can but that would be better via pm to discuss those details. So just to be clear, can anyone reiterate the next important court dates and/or meetings set in regards to this issue?

I think a keynote in this article has to be that the sheriff made medical marijuana patients and caregivers seem dangerous. This could result in more excessive force being used in the future with the sheriff's lies being the basis. Thanks, Bb

What would be the best method for presenting this thing for proofreading? I am afraid, I am getting a bit long winded as there are so many fronts to hit him on. Just need some guidance on cleaning up the message a bit, and perhaps an idea of if I am hitting it in the right way.

Elitist phock each of them! Those type are the first to scream "to much government" but they want to regulate my medicine chest. Where's there concern and out rage for the thousands of kids who over dose and die on legal prescription drugs.

Fake arse concerned citizens what they are pretending to be but all they're doing is strengthening our resolve and in November we'll show'em all and then again in 2012.

A Source of "Gray Areas"

Many officials have made statements to the effect that the Medical Marijuana Act of the state of Michigan is “hazy” with lots of “gray areas.”

There may indeed be areas that are hazy. While that may be true, most of the complaints of “gray areas” are simply an attempt to ignore the voters of the State of Michigan.

Most laws are passed with the intent to somehow limit citizens. The target of these laws was law abiding citizens one day and a criminal the next. When most laws are passed, law enforcement runs classes or passes on some indication about how to use this new tool to arrest people with.

Then once in a great while, a law gets passed that limits the powers of the government.

Our MMA law is one of those kinds of laws. Instead of being a tool to arrest people with, this law has a target of the government.

In a recent ruling, a Michigan court of appeals ruled the protections given in the MMA are rights.

That elevates the need of the system to pay attention to the direct order of the voters of Michigan. We are talking about civil rights violations. It’s time to shake the “gray” out of your head. You have had nearly two years to come to understand the direct orders of the voters of Michigan.

Attention government officials This law is for YOU to obey.

This law, the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act, has direct orders within it. These are civil rights that were granted to us by the voters of Michigan. You are the ones that have legal boundaries that can’t be crossed.

This is one source of “gray areas” that government officials claim to see. They simply can’t understand that they are no longer allowed to do the things that are being done. They don’t understand that the voters set limits on them.

Orders are given to police in this law. Orders are given to judges. Orders are given to every sub-branch of bureaucratic government. A new crime was defined that only an employee of any level of state or local government can commit. And that crime carries a six month jail term.

Only a government official can commit this crime. Police officers are supposed to go to jail, when they do this. I doubt that even one single police department has warned their officers that they could go to jail for this crime.

These direct orders, from the voters of Michigan, are civil rights.

These orders from the voters, these civil rights, include our expectation that these officials obey their duty to perform.

One of the most basic of these orders is to the judges in our courts: “the case shall be dismissed.”

This can not be directed to anyone but the judge. The defendant can not dismiss their own case. It doesn’t read “may be dismissed.” It is in terms of an absolute command. SHALL be dismissed.

It is a civil right to expect you to obey this direct command from the voters. Judges have this duty to perform placed on them directly by the voters. There is no option for them.

And this duty to perform was placed on them in every case “involving marihuana.” Every one! No exceptions! By order of the voters!

It’s easy to see how resistance to this idea about citizens ordering judges could generate a “gray area.” It’s much simpler to fail to understand the order. An order about civil rights.

There are areas that are direct orders to police. Remember, these are civil rights. Your duty to perform. A duty placed upon you by the people of Michigan.

To start with, you can’t take our medicine. It is illegal to do that.

Here’s a quote of the section of law I’m talking about:

Section 4 (h) Any marihuana, marihuana paraphernalia, or licit property that is possessed, owned, or used in connection with the medical use of marihuana, as allowed under this act, or acts incidental to such use, shall not be seized or forfeited.

You see, not only is the marijuana itself protected from you, so is everything around the marijuana.

These things are not to be seized. You can’t just take them anymore. Whatever allowed police officers to reach out and take things before 12/4/2008 no longer applies. It is a civil right granted to us by the voters to expect you to obey this order.

You can’t take it anymore. It’s against the law.

Not only is this an order to police, it is also an order to the courts of Michigan. The police officer can not take it and no judge is allowed to keep it. The duty of every police officer and judge in Michigan is to obey. There is no legal option.

Police are rarely exposed to new civil rights. When these kinds of events take place, it is typical to expect resistance. Think of the late 50’s and early 60’s. It took a very long time to get our legal systems to comply with direct orders.

These are simple things, within the MMA, to understand. These orders are not “gray” at all.

You can’t take or keep our stuff and the case must be dismissed. See!! Very simple.

New civil rights. Very simple.

MDCH patient/caregiver records are another area of civil rights. They are already protected by federal and state law. But there’s a new law in town. The MMA adds a new layer of protection.

Messing with these records is a whole new crime. And as I’ve been pointing out, a civil rights crime. We have a civil right to expect government officials to be arrested when they break this law. By order of the voters of Michigan.

Here is the section of law I’m talking about:

Section 6 (h) The following confidentiality rules shall apply:

(1) Applications and supporting information submitted by qualifying patients, including information regarding their primary caregivers and physicians, are confidential.

(2) The department shall maintain a confidential list of the persons to whom the department has issued registry identification cards. Individual names and other identifying information on the list is confidential and is exempt from disclosure under the freedom of information act, 1976 PA 442, MCL 15.231 to 15.246.

(3) The department shall verify to law enforcement personnel whether a registry identification card is valid, without disclosing more information than is reasonably necessary to verify the authenticity of the registry identification card.

(4) A person, including an employee or official of the department or another state agency or local unit of government, who discloses confidential information in violation of this act is guilty of a misdemeanor, punishable by imprisonment for not more than 6 months, or a fine of not more than $1, 000.00, or both. Notwithstanding this provision, department employees may notify law enforcement about falsified or fraudulent information submitted to the department.

This information is very sensitive. If the information is accessed by thieves, it places the very lives of the patients and caregivers at risk.

For nearly two yeas now, regular police and court procedure has placed these lives at risk. And they have done so by confiscating records of patients that contain their name address, medical condition, ability to grow marijuana or the address of the person growing for them. These documents have been made public court record and passed around police agencies. This information has been published in newspapers and by way of press conference

We have been given, by way of civil right, the expectation of the legal system to arrest persons that have committed these crimes.

It is difficult for a police officer to understand that they are expected to arrest other officers. Here is another “gray area.” Disbelief is what generates this “gray area” in the minds of officials.

Police can and do, go to jail for civil rights violations.

The leadership of police agencies statewide did a disservice to their officers by failing to teach them they could go to jail for violating this act. It isn’t the responsibility of the medical marijuana community to teach them about it. Break the law, go to jail. No “Gray Area” there at all.

Please stop passing these confidential documents around the office and exposing them in court records.

And please start enforcing this law.

It is a protection we expect and it is an order of the voters of this state.

What about the danger to children when the masked gunmen point their weapons at the children while they rob the children of their piggy bank?

These elected officials think that seeing someone smoke a joint is more dangerous than being victims of armed robbery.

You tell 'em, Pb! :thumbsu:

Sb

A Source of "Gray Areas"

Many officials have made statements to the effect that the Medical Marijuana Act of the state of Michigan is “hazy” with lots of “gray areas.”

There may indeed be areas that are hazy. While that may be true, most of the complaints of “gray areas” are simply an attempt to ignore the voters of the State of Michigan.

Most laws are passed with the intent to somehow limit citizens. The target of these laws was law abiding citizens one day and a criminal the next. When most laws are passed, law enforcement runs classes or passes on some indication about how to use this new tool to arrest people with.

Then once in a great while, a law gets passed that limits the powers of the government.

Our MMA law is one of those kinds of laws. Instead of being a tool to arrest people with, this law has a target of the government.

In a recent ruling, a Michigan court of appeals ruled the protections given in the MMA are rights.

That elevates the need of the system to pay attention to the direct order of the voters of Michigan. We are talking about civil rights violations. It’s time to shake the “gray” out of your head. You have had nearly two years to come to understand the direct orders of the voters of Michigan.

Attention government officials This law is for YOU to obey.

This law, the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act, has direct orders within it. These are civil rights that were granted to us by the voters of Michigan. You are the ones that have legal boundaries that can’t be crossed.

This is one source of “gray areas” that government officials claim to see. They simply can’t understand that they are no longer allowed to do the things that are being done. They don’t understand that the voters set limits on them.

Orders are given to police in this law. Orders are given to judges. Orders are given to every sub-branch of bureaucratic government. A new crime was defined that only an employee of any level of state or local government can commit. And that crime carries a six month jail term.

Only a government official can commit this crime. Police officers are supposed to go to jail, when they do this. I doubt that even one single police department has warned their officers that they could go to jail for this crime.

These direct orders, from the voters of Michigan, are civil rights.

These orders from the voters, these civil rights, include our expectation that these officials obey their duty to perform.

One of the most basic of these orders is to the judges in our courts: “the case shall be dismissed.”

This can not be directed to anyone but the judge. The defendant can not dismiss their own case. It doesn’t read “may be dismissed.” It is in terms of an absolute command. SHALL be dismissed.

It is a civil right to expect you to obey this direct command from the voters. Judges have this duty to perform placed on them directly by the voters. There is no option for them.

And this duty to perform was placed on them in every case “involving marihuana.” Every one! No exceptions! By order of the voters!

It’s easy to see how resistance to this idea about citizens ordering judges could generate a “gray area.” It’s much simpler to fail to understand the order. An order about civil rights.

There are areas that are direct orders to police. Remember, these are civil rights. Your duty to perform. A duty placed upon you by the people of Michigan.

To start with, you can’t take our medicine. It is illegal to do that.

Here’s a quote of the section of law I’m talking about:

Section 4 (h) Any marihuana, marihuana paraphernalia, or licit property that is possessed, owned, or used in connection with the medical use of marihuana, as allowed under this act, or acts incidental to such use, shall not be seized or forfeited.

You see, not only is the marijuana itself protected from you, so is everything around the marijuana.

These things are not to be seized. You can’t just take them anymore. Whatever allowed police officers to reach out and take things before 12/4/2008 no longer applies. It is a civil right granted to us by the voters to expect you to obey this order.

You can’t take it anymore. It’s against the law.

Not only is this an order to police, it is also an order to the courts of Michigan. The police officer can not take it and no judge is allowed to keep it. The duty of every police officer and judge in Michigan is to obey. There is no legal option.

Police are rarely exposed to new civil rights. When these kinds of events take place, it is typical to expect resistance. Think of the late 50’s and early 60’s. It took a very long time to get our legal systems to comply with direct orders.

These are simple things, within the MMA, to understand. These orders are not “gray” at all.

You can’t take or keep our stuff and the case must be dismissed. See!! Very simple.

New civil rights. Very simple.

MDCH patient/caregiver records are another area of civil rights. They are already protected by federal and state law. But there’s a new law in town. The MMA adds a new layer of protection.

Messing with these records is a whole new crime. And as I’ve been pointing out, a civil rights crime. We have a civil right to expect government officials to be arrested when they break this law. By order of the voters of Michigan.

Here is the section of law I’m talking about:

Section 6 (h) The following confidentiality rules shall apply:

(1) Applications and supporting information submitted by qualifying patients, including information regarding their primary caregivers and physicians, are confidential.

(2) The department shall maintain a confidential list of the persons to whom the department has issued registry identification cards. Individual names and other identifying information on the list is confidential and is exempt from disclosure under the freedom of information act, 1976 PA 442, MCL 15.231 to 15.246.

(3) The department shall verify to law enforcement personnel whether a registry identification card is valid, without disclosing more information than is reasonably necessary to verify the authenticity of the registry identification card.

(4) A person, including an employee or official of the department or another state agency or local unit of government, who discloses confidential information in violation of this act is guilty of a misdemeanor, punishable by imprisonment for not more than 6 months, or a fine of not more than $1, 000.00, or both. Notwithstanding this provision, department employees may notify law enforcement about falsified or fraudulent information submitted to the department.

This information is very sensitive. If the information is accessed by thieves, it places the very lives of the patients and caregivers at risk.

For nearly two yeas now, regular police and court procedure has placed these lives at risk. And they have done so by confiscating records of patients that contain their name address, medical condition, ability to grow marijuana or the address of the person growing for them. These documents have been made public court record and passed around police agencies. This information has been published in newspapers and by way of press conference

We have been given, by way of civil right, the expectation of the legal system to arrest persons that have committed these crimes.

It is difficult for a police officer to understand that they are expected to arrest other officers. Here is another “gray area.” Disbelief is what generates this “gray area” in the minds of officials.

Police can and do, go to jail for civil rights violations.

The leadership of police agencies statewide did a disservice to their officers by failing to teach them they could go to jail for violating this act. It isn’t the responsibility of the medical marijuana community to teach them about it. Break the law, go to jail. No “Gray Area” there at all.

Please stop passing these confidential documents around the office and exposing them in court records.

And please start enforcing this law.

It is a protection we expect and it is an order of the voters of this state.

Absolutely a phenomenal post my friend. :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

If you don't mind I will be using this in all of my dealings with the close-minded and mentally defective individuals who oppose us/our law/will of the people!

Proud to know you and call you my friend! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Mizerman :)

PB , Well said & feckin Brilliant.

Question , Does this whole issue not fall under several ACLU Violations qualifying the cause for some Free Legal Advice & Representation ? A Point to ponder on ,,,

we have ACLU Lawyers i hope they come to my court day but i don't think they will they seam to just wright letters are Right are on the line here in Oakland county 21 months and still inn court the ACLU needs to step it up!

Archived