The Justification For Getting High; Why Marijuana Has Medical Value

*This is an updated copy of the Article "The Justification for getting high; Why Marijuana has Medical value" by the Digitalnomad that was sent out to several local newspaper and online sources for print.*

The justification for getting high; Why Marijuana has Medical value

Marijuana does two things for me and my fellow patients, it reduces physical pain to a tolerable level and it improves my sense of wellbeing. Chronic pain never goes away, and there is no cure - but I can manage my pain.

My sense of wellbeing is very attached to my pain - there is depression, lack of apetite, lack of motivation, and a general poor outlook on life.

Is it wrong that patients want a sense of wellbeing, so they can get on with their lives? Patients don't want their lives with family, work, and society to be controlled by pain. They also do not want to be controlled by pills for the same reasons.

Right now the current healthcare system can only provide us with more pills, creating that cycle of needing another pill, being sick from side effects, and even getting addicted to them.

Smart patients are learning that pills are bad for your body - you do not have to experience these kinds of medications to understand our POV- just read the warning advisories that accompany every pharmacutical advertisement in Women's Day, Family Circle, Red Book (family magazines!) Would you logically choose to take a medication that warns you that taking it "can cause suicidal ideation, agression, gambling compulsion, kidney failure and stroke."? Thats like putting a revolver to your head, its got one bullet - and you are taking the chance that when you pull the trigger - its not going to be you.

Marijuana is composed of THC and CBD/CBN, this perhaps represents both ends of the spectrum of marijuana as a dual drug. CBD/CBN have been scientifically linked to pain receptors in the human body, the THC is the drug responsible for making people feel "high". Without using adjectives to describe 'getting high', you will find that you will be describing your sense of wellbeing. Instead of a patient having to take two or more different pills to achieve pain relief and a good sense of wellbeing - they take one drug - marijuana. Marijuana is also available in a wide variety of strains, very much like apples or citrus fruits. As there are many apples with different colors and flavors, there are marijuana strains with different levels of THC, CBD, and CBN. Instead of pharmacuticals which are designed to be 'one pill fixes all people', patients can find a mairjuana strain that fits their individual need.

Patients are learning that marijuana is not as toxic as the pills. They are learning that the effects and probable dangers associated with

marijuana is not anywhere as bad as pharmacutical pills. Medical grade marijuana is just an organically grown plant, much like the organic vegitables you chose because it is grown chemically free and free from mold.

Compassion Clubs educate patients how to use marijuana as safe as possible, you do not have to smoke marijuana, you can cook with it, make capsules, make a rubbing lotion, and vaporize it. They are using marijuana to manage their lives instead of being controlled by pills. Patients made the choice of using a drug with the most benefit and the least risk.

Lastly, the Michigan Medical Marijuana Program is not vague. It was meant to be a grass-roots movement for patients and their caregivers to improve their lives. We do not want dispensaries, we do not want a Marijuana Super Store. We just want to encourage patients helping patients, caregivers helping their patients. Compassion Clubs are only meeting places for patients and caregivers to network - they are

not open for the public to smoke or buy anything from us.

We are still your neighbors, coworkers, church member, taxpayer, your sons, daughters, and even mom and dad. We want to be accepted by society just like any other ethinic race, creed, or sex preference.

I just want to encourage the public not to buy into the current political schemes that create Fear, Uncertainty, and Despair (FUD). This is a policial tactic to misguide the public into thinking they need the government to fix their problems. The FUD tactic is rampant as we near election time. Talk to real patients and their caregivers and get your own opinion by real life experience. Vote for politicans that speak the truth, and not Fear, Uncertainty, and Despair.

I like it. It's a reasoned, rational explanation detailing the benefits of using MMJ instead of pharmaceuticals. Which is why it will fall on many deaf ears.

And I've also used FUD before. Except the acronym I had copied was Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt, not Despair.

Is there a relationship with our Puritan heritage that says medicine has to be bad to be good for you? You know the whole 'spoonful of sugar' rationale. It can't be good for you unless you hate it.

:goodjob: You rule!! I dont think I've heard a more perfect summary of the situation than this. You are VERY WISE. Down with the NAZI Laws written to control our personal freedoms :growl::sword:

*This is an updated copy of the Article "The Justification for getting high; Why Marijuana has Medical value" by the Digitalnomad that was sent out to several local newspaper and online sources for print.*

Marijuana does two things for me and my fellow patients, it reduces physical pain to a tolerable level and it improves my sense of wellbeing. Chronic pain never goes away, and there is no cure - but I can manage my pain.

My sense of wellbeing is very attached to my pain - there is depression, lack of apetite, lack of motivation, and a general poor outlook on life.

Is it wrong that patients want a sense of wellbeing, so they can get on with their lives? Patients don't want their lives with family, work, and society to be controlled by pain. They also do not want to be controlled by pills for the same reasons.

Right now the current healthcare system can only provide us with more pills, creating that cycle of needing another pill, being sick from side effects, and even getting addicted to them.

Smart patients are learning that pills are bad for your body - you do not have to experience these kinds of medications to understand our POV- just read the warning advisories that accompany every pharmacutical advertisement in Women's Day, Family Circle, Red Book (family magazines!) Would you logically choose to take a medication that warns you that taking it "can cause suicidal ideation, agression, gambling compulsion, kidney failure and stroke."? Thats like putting a revolver to your head, its got one bullet - and you are taking the chance that when you pull the trigger - its not going to be you.

Marijuana is composed of THC and CBD/CBN, this perhaps represents both ends of the spectrum of marijuana as a dual drug. CBD/CBN have been scientifically linked to pain receptors in the human body, the THC is the drug responsible for making people feel "high". Without using adjectives to describe 'getting high', you will find that you will be describing your sense of wellbeing. Instead of a patient having to take two or more different pills to achieve pain relief and a good sense of wellbeing - they take one drug - marijuana. Marijuana is also available in a wide variety of strains, very much like apples or citrus fruits. As there are many apples with different colors and flavors, there are marijuana strains with different levels of THC, CBD, and CBN. Instead of pharmacuticals which are designed to be 'one pill fixes all people', patients can find a mairjuana strain that fits their individual need.

Patients are learning that marijuana is not as toxic as the pills. They are learning that the effects and probable dangers associated with

marijuana is not anywhere as bad as pharmacutical pills. Medical grade marijuana is just an organically grown plant, much like the organic vegitables you chose because it is grown chemically free and free from mold.

Compassion Clubs educate patients how to use marijuana as safe as possible, you do not have to smoke marijuana, you can cook with it, make capsules, make a rubbing lotion, and vaporize it. They are using marijuana to manage their lives instead of being controlled by pills. Patients made the choice of using a drug with the most benefit and the least risk.

Lastly, the Michigan Medical Marijuana Program is not vague. It was meant to be a grass-roots movement for patients and their caregivers to improve their lives. We do not want dispensaries, we do not want a Marijuana Super Store. We just want to encourage patients helping patients, caregivers helping their patients. Compassion Clubs are only meeting places for patients and caregivers to network - they are

We are still your neighbors, coworkers, church member, taxpayer, your sons, daughters, and even mom and dad. We want to be accepted by society just like any other ethinic race, creed, or sex preference.

I just want to encourage the public not to buy into the current political schemes that create Fear, Uncertainty, and Despair (FUD). This is a policial tactic to misguide the public into thinking they need the government to fix their problems. The FUD tactic is rampant as we near election time. Talk to real patients and their caregivers and get your own opinion by real life experience. Vote for politicans that speak the truth, and not Fear, Uncertainty, and Despair.

nice read!!!!

Archived