Planet Greentrees Radio Tonight 8-9:30

I had a great time tonight, and would love to do it again anytime you will have me.

Just wanted to clear up a comment I made on the show... about the amounts tested for lethal dose..

"In summary, enormous doses of Delta 9 THC, All THC and concentrated marihuana extract ingested by mouth were unable to produce death or organ pathology in large mammals but did produce fatalities in smaller rodents due to profound central nervous system depression.

The non-fatal consumption of 3000 mg/kg A THC by the dog and monkey would be comparable to a 154-pound human eating approximately 46 pounds (21 kilograms) of 1%-marihuana or 10 pounds of 5% hashish at one time. In addition, 92 mg/kg THC intravenously produced no fatalities in monkeys. These doses would be comparable to a 154-pound human smoking at one time almost three pounds (1.28 kg) of 1%-marihuana or 250,000 times the usual smoked dose and over a million times the minimal effective dose assuming 50% destruction of the THC by smoking.

Thus, evidence from animal studies and human case reports appears to indicate that the ratio of lethal dose to effective dose is quite large. This ratio is much more favorable than that of many other common psychoactive agents including alcohol and barbiturates (Phillips et al. 1971, Brill et al. 1970)."

They gave up on the testing as it became obvious that it would take rediculously high doses to find a fatal dose for humans, much less an LD50 (a dose that causes lethality in at least 50% of the study). The 254 pounds I mentioned is from another study I recall reading, and is accurate to the best of my knowledge, it also did not meet the LD50 threshold.

I couldn't get the link in the 1st post to work with my slow azz Internet so I came up with the Brainstorm to try it on my IPhone & Bingo . I did get to catch the last 37 minutes of the show & I was Impressed with how well everything came across as well as how everyone got the message to the listeners . It was hard for me coming in so late to tell who was who and me being a new member here it was was my 1st time listening to the broadcast .

Job Well Done by All last evening & I look forward to your next broadcast . Anyone have any idea of the Listener-ship numbers ?

Keep Up the Great Job ,,,

Archived