Auto Flowering?

tooldini

I am trying to grow some purple jems autoflowering cannabis. I have 1 left out of 3 and it is in soil. 17 days and the plant is only about 1" from seed LOL I am kinda just messing around till my grow room is ready. I have it in a PC case in a locked cabinet. I have 3 CFL's on it. I had it in a 16oz party cup cut smaller than half. I replanted tonight in an almost fullsize cup. When I took the plant out of the small cup it had a bundle of roots bigger than a golfball. I have the lights on 24hr do you think this is TOO long even though it is an auto. Also do you think I just had it in too small a container? Thanks for any help

i have done one grow for a patient with the autoflower and the best results i got was using the 20 hours of light and 4 hours of darkness. that was the ak47 / lowrider strain from attitude sb. autoflowers are cool to look at but yields suck. on the positive side it is a quick process and took about 7 weeks to flower 10 weeks to harvest. they were cool but wouldnt jump at the idea of going that route again.

20/4 is recommended in most cases by auto flower breeders.

If they are the 60 day wonder type, they also need to go directly into their flower containers - do not wait, you may cause the plant to stay smaller than it may have been capable of.

LOL yeah I got a 1000w HPS but room is not ready yet,, so these are being grown by CFL's. Just for fun not quantity,,lots of learning doing it like this. Micro bubble tote and CFL's in PC case. bubble plants I already threw away I know they were dying. So failure on that but it was my fault by pulling them from soil after only 1 week from seed.

Can autoflowers be cloned and if so how long before flowering should you do it?

NO.. they can not.. they are not photo dependent, they are time dependent... A clone would be the same age as the parent stock, they flower regardless of light, and based on a timetable, so no.. you CAN however seed them and carry the autoflower traits...

I think it is female but the thing is so small. I bought a little microscope from my grow shop but it is so freakin hard to use and see with. It looks like little almost clear like hairs sticking up from the top of the plant were I assume is a bud. I don't see any balls. I had a male plant once before so I do remember what that looked like but it was much bigger LOL thanks for the help

Archived