Need Geek Squad Type House Call

I would be happy to help and we don't have to wipe anything clean. First download combofix from Bleepingcomputers. combofix download page Do not download combofix from any other web site. It is free software and some companies are charging for it. The reason we run combofix first is to remove any root kits. Some of the other AV software mentioned is good but if the root kit is hiding the main downloader for the virus you will never get rid of it.

Run combofix and say yes to all the questions. It will ask you to shut down your AV if you have one running. I never do and have never had a problem. Now there may be times when combofix does not look like it is doing anything. Just step away from the computer. If after a couple if hours it is not done then you may have a problem but do not stop it in the middle if the fix if you can help it. Combofix may reboot and run again. Just let it go.

Once complete then download malwarebytes. At the end of the installation make sure it is checked to do an update. Run a complete scan after the update. This will take a while. When done reboot and run malwarebytes again. If it is clean the second time through you are good to go.

Yeah what he said V3

If you still have issues with your pc, i am at 22/vandyke, and i am avaliable on sunday late morning early afternoon to help you out, i have been working with pc/networks for years and wont charge anything. pm me with any questions, and my email is in my profile :)

This really is simple enough to clean off yourself if you follow the directions I gave. Since others have posted their credentials here are mine. I have been in IT for 20 years and work daily on enterprise class systems. I am a MCSE (Microsoft Engineer), VCP (VMware Certified Professional the hot ticket right now), RHCP (RedHat Certified Professional a LINUX cert that is so hard to get it makes Microsoft look like a walk in the park), and a bunch of misc security related ones. Anyway give combofix a try before you spend a lot of time rebuilding.

NONE of those help programs would run.

WHome was the guy that got me up and running again. Nice guy. Very professional. Tokk my cpu home for 2 days only because we both found out when he got here I got a scuzzy? drive.

Anyhow he fixed it better than new and I highly recommend him to anyone with cpu trouble on here !

• 2 months later...

This really is simple enough to clean off yourself if you follow the directions I gave. Since others have posted their credentials here are mine. I have been in IT for 20 years and work daily on enterprise class systems. I am a MCSE (Microsoft Engineer), VCP (VMware Certified Professional the hot ticket right now), RHCP (RedHat Certified Professional a LINUX cert that is so hard to get it makes Microsoft look like a walk in the park), and a bunch of misc security related ones. Anyway give combofix a try before you spend a lot of time rebuilding.

jeez 420Athiest, could you get more amazing credentials? i am MCSA, and that ain't even a pimple on yer, well, you get the point...

:bow:

jeez 420Athiest, could you get more amazing credentials? i am MCSA, and that ain't even a pimple on yer, well, you get the point...

:bow:

Thanks man. I have been doing this a long time. That is how I was able to collect so many certs. Heck I still have a Novel CNE cert and a SCO UNIX ACE cert that is not worth the paper they are printed on today. :D Right now that VCP is the hot ticket but it is not cheap as the required one week class is $3500.

That MCSA is a great cert to have. You can't even get hired where I work without that. The only way to get those other certs is to get the company you work for to pay for them. They are just too expensive to do on your own.

A really fun one that is only $750 is the on line Backtrack Penetration testing 101. I learned a heck of a lot even with my 20 years experience.

Archived