Did I Do The Right Thing?

luvindragonflys

I would not worry about being raided at this point. If they had a reason to do anything they would have done it. However I would not carry anything in my car for a couple of months.

I was once told they would land a helicopter in my back yard and tear my house apart if I did not let them come in. I said no get a warrant if they can. I never heard from them again.

Sounds like its over but never can be too caeful I guess

The thing should have stopped or at least paused on well...the marijuana question but... over the limit

You need a copy of the law with you that explains it to the officer for you

The officier is fishing you bit the hook

Marijuana?

Its a crazay question....dont lie ....but don't say yes!

You'll have to improvise....

Why? Do I look like I should have marijuana?

Next question

Am I being detained or am I free to go...?

No, I'm under arrest?

Then Am I free to move along?

The KEY to this is RELAXATION ... if you have a relaxed tone ... but not giving any self-incriminating information either.....you need to enjoy the process and preserve your rights release attachment to outcomes...You know what you need to do to preserve your rights and all you can do is hope it works

The state police don't recognize paperwork either

At least one officer had the sense to suggest it was too much...

And it was...Way too much to let them to your house though...dont ever do that!

They threaten you with dui...go ahead

Bring the dogs

You dont smell like weed so dont consent to search....If they had a right to search they would be searching....And you could tell them that

They ask...It means they need the dog

Then they can search

Let the process unfold or you will have signed away your rights and your defense for later

Hope it works out...They will drop it most likely

Peace!

Almost 'every' LEO I've ever known, and I've known a few, where always on the look out for a 'bust' that would get them a promotion.

'Law enforcement' is just like any other job, people want prestige and a 'raise' in pay and nice list of 'busts' on there employment record will get them that 'promotion', or so they hope.

And as someone already said, a LEO will take it as far as you let them take it.

Know your rights... they do.

Almost 'every' LEO I've ever known, and I've known a few, where always on the look out for a 'bust' that would get them a promotion.

'Law enforcement' is just like any other job, people want prestige and a 'raise' in pay and nice list of 'busts' on there employment record will get them that 'promotion', or so they hope.

And as someone already said, a LEO will take it as far as you let them take it.

Know your rights... they do.

Not all cops are out to get you, just keep it in mind before you judge them all.

Not all cops are out to get you, just keep it in mind before you judge them all.

I agree with that completely, but out of an abundance of caution, you should ALWAYS assume the cop is a jack-booted thug.

If he/she's not, you'll be pleasantly surprised; if he/she is, you'll be ready. Either way, being respectful yet assertive will keep you safe.

Never said they were, my friend... never said they were.

But ALL 'police officers' are human and they share the same needs and greeds that WE all do.

And that includes getting 'promotions' and all the rest.

And for a person to forget 'THAT' they would have to be walking around in La La Land.

I TRY to approach EVERYONE with an open and positive attitude... works well for me.

But to forget the REALITY of what is going on around me... THAT is blind ignorance, my friend... blind ignorance.

Archived