Justice Department Declares War On America

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is the outcry against this administration? Are we really going to let Obama's lackey Holder spend the time and money to arrest people for possession of marijuana all over the state of California when Prop 19 passes? All over the country? All you people who voted for this man have sold us out! Thanks so much for continuing to place no importance on individual human rights when voting for your statist of choice. (Just another statist like Bush, Clinton, Bush, ...) I guess now we will get to see how many more citizens our government can criminalize and put in their political prisons!!

It was only a matter of time until they had to show their hand. We KNEW this was coming, its not really that big of a surprise.

I concur... We can only hope that the feds expend the entirety of the DEA's budget on this massively Quixotic quest.

They don't have the man power to try any kind of assault of any magnitude in all of the MMJ states.

It makes one wonder what is going on in the current administration, and who is calling the shots. They kept the Bush admins head of the DEA, and just renominated them. Now Holder, attempting to intimidate voters less than 3 weeks before the election.

I am stuck wondering what possible purpose this announcement can have... is it the obvious up front message, or is it a tactic to provide cover for a possible low turn out in California, that has many Dems losing their seats? The inconsistent message coming from this administration only adds to the confusion across the country.

Not only adds to the confusion but adds an element of fear as well. They, the Feds may not make an all out assault on the MMJ States but what is keeping some states who want to cite Federal law as a reason for all these ordinances and moratoriums?. We've already seen raids on dispensaries, caregivers and patients. Much has been made off Compassion Clubs. This is more gist for their lie mill and further justifies their cause against us. Nothing but bad can come of Holders position. Mass calls and mails to everyone in a position to listen, all the way up to Holder and the Prez. Especially him as he should be well schooled on Constitutional law.

The states have rights.

Prop 19 lets ANYONE that wants it a grow area of 5X5 feet. Hell you can hide that small a patch in your shirt pocket. Does anyone really think the Federal government will try and bust every one of these small growers.

RIDICULUS!

They do not have the manpower OR the money.

And IF they were going to do something WHY aren't they making loud noises about the Bill that the 'Terminator' just signed making 1oz of cannabis an INFRACTION of the law instead of a misdemeanor?

You have to remember Holder has to make noises about what he will do in order to satisfy the 'enforcement agencies' that know that once Cal 'legalizes it' it is only a matter of time before some of their 'officers' get laid off and their budgets are cut back.

Besides that, can you begin to imagine how tied up both the federal AND local court systems would be if the Feds tried to do an 'enforcement push' once Cals does pass Prop 19?

Gonna be an exciting time after November 2nd.

Out of three options he had to go the tough guy route. May be bluster but it would have been a good signal if he just let it ride and see how the social experiment would work, but no, has to go in with guns blazing don't know what he'll do but that sounds reasonable that he would do so or sue the state like Ariz.

I wonder if this might also be a sneaky way of getting extra turnout for the mid-term. Challenging the folks of California to a showdown, might actually get a higher turnout simply for this issue, and thus get some extra votes for some of the Dems out there that are in trouble. Then again, it is more likely their actual feelings on the subject, those in power must maintain power, the people are getting to uppity with all of these darn voter initiatives...

i understand the process to get it legalized in a state, but how would you go about getting it on the ballot on the federal level?

Honestly, we wouldn't even need it on a national ballot. Simply having it moved to a schedule 2 controlled substance would work miracles, and solve a whole slew of problems.

Yes we are, were rattling some serious cages out there nationally and state as well. Got the establishment all shook up but could be a sneaky trick, a dirty one at that but could be a way to amp votes for the Dems but I feel it is their national policy to destroy this Marijuana movement at any cost. I wonder what will happen if and when they start arresting people in Cali<br>

those in power must maintain power, the people are getting to uppity with all of these darn voter initiatives...

That's the part that makes me scratch my head...I would think a "stoned" electorate would be far easier to control and manipulate than one that wasn't. I just don't understand the cannabis Mccarthyists, I'd want there to be a stoner under every rock! :P

That's the part that makes me scratch my head...I would think a "stoned" electorate would be far easier to control and manipulate than one that wasn't. I just don't understand the cannabis Mccarthyists, I'd want there to be a stoner under every rock! :P

Most folks aren't medicating to get stoned, and not all stereotypes about folks using recreationally are accurate. Depending on strain and the time it was harvested, some folks actually are more productive and creative while using. Besides that, the folks in power realize that they will lose a bunch of kickbacks they get from the industries that have a financial stake in keeping marijuana illegal.

This could both help and hurt the support of Prop 19. Get people angry enough to vote yes just to give a big FU to Washington. Give soft support enough doubt and uncertainty to say the heck with it, it's not worth the trouble.

It certainly is in line with the sense of threat felt by the Obama Administration. And it's in line with the pushback being experienced all over the country. Sheriffs are playing to the sentiment with 'not in my town' postures.

It'll be interesting. And it'll get worse before it gets better.

Most folks aren't medicating to get stoned, and not all stereotypes about folks using recreationally are accurate. Depending on strain and the time it was harvested, some folks actually are more productive and creative while using. Besides that, the folks in power realize that they will lose a bunch of kickbacks they get from the industries that have a financial stake in keeping marijuana illegal.

I really do understand all that... Guess it's a good thing I was being less than serious ;)

martial law and electronic warfare(bank acct. siezure etc etc) is coming if we push too far-they have all our records-CSI and reeducation thru labor camps-feds creating thousands of jobs looking out for all those interned :^(

i hope i am very wrong

If it ever came to that, those that attempted such a thing would be reminded of why we the people have certain rights guaranteed in the constitution.

I am not advocating violence, I am just saying that if the Federal government ever declared martial law in order to overcome the will of the people...

So the federal government intends to force the people of the united states to accept the will of the federal government at gun point.

Yep .. of, by and for the will of the people.

Gives a whole new meaning to "the war on drugs."

What would the reaction be if CA stated in public that they intended to force the fed to do something at gunpoint?

Archived