U.p. Teen Loses Consciousness After Marijuana Use

i can believe this 100%,i've had 3 people pass out at my kitchen table,all were new to med.grade smoke..if people aren't used to it,or are weaken by other treatments you have to take it slow with them....i should also say that i felt terrible when these folks were over medicated...one passed out,then threw up on herself,another passed out on the way to his car,then threw up,none of this was funny to me..it should not be taken lightly...the only thing in this story that bothers me is the going in and out of consciousness,maybe a little acting going on here,don't know...but for all you new CG's,you'd better know your patients and keep their best interest first,you're more than just a dealer with good dope...i hope the kids are ok and they should be if what they smoked wasn't laced with something....zzb

I agree with those who have stated that the article was poorly written. It lacks facts, details, and the BLATANT evidence to make any bit of information believeable and justifiable! I write comments on my friends' Facebook walls that have more research involved.

Something that hasn't been discussed at length is the fact that not only does the article fail to mention if the minors were drinking, using other drugs, etc., but ummm...hello? The article is about MINORS using marijuana illegally, which implies that because it's allowed for medicinal use, it's of greater danger to minors--I don't think so! High school-aged children were just as easily able to get their hands on some pot before the MMMA was ever passed. And honestly, why don't we ever hear about articles where minors pass out from alcohol? That happens FAR more often than from pot...if pot alone is even capable of causing a person to "lose consciousness".

Although I doubt that these minors were strictly using marijuana in the first place, high schoolers abuse the hell out of all sorts of drugs every day--prescription painkillers and even over-the-counter medications, such as Robutussin. It's quite a shame that there are even people that would take this article seriously considering the other problems that the world faces.

Hopefully, people will soon realize that marijuana has many medicinal values that trump any stigma that has grown associated with it due to extremist mentality.

I wonder if they will change the headlines when they diagnose her ACTUAL problem..

They should check her blood sugar level, and thoroughly question her diet for the past week.

btw, I voted for less penalty for drug use if something should go wrong.

Not that there should be a penalty for anything drug related unless you are violating the civil liberties of others or endangering them in some sort of way..

But the courts see it as "punishment for a crime", but a bad experience will speak much louder than probation, court costs, and lawyer fees..

Archived