Sick Plant Experiment

Intruder420

Ok so I am a new grower and have decided that before I begin my first actual grow for my patient (girlfriend) that I needed to do a test run and learn all i possibly can about growing first, in order to properly care for her and her condtion. I have decided in a learning attempt to take on a projected that was scheduled to be abandonned by the previous owner of these plants. I figured what better way to learn is by taking these plants that have issues, really use the information I am collecting in order to avoid some of these issues when I do a real run at this. So I am reaching out to the mmma members for thier opinions, advice, and even some of thier BS with the attitude of learnig as much as I can. And hopefully others newbies can use it as well.

Here is what I know about these plants:

I have 4 White Widow (as far I as I know) That have been growing in dirt from clone

They were in poor condtions ....Basement, no tempature or humidity control, not even a thermometer present.

CFL's used during veg

600w hps was used once flowering was induce on a 12/12 cycle

Light was postioned way to far away from plants

Growing medium is largley unknown dirt

Nutes: grower said only thing he has used was water and sugar water

I recieved these plants after they were put into flower 3 of which 1 1/2 week before I recieved them, and 1 that had been flowering nearly 3 weeks (this one is stunted and leggy which much distance between buds.

As close to a time frame I can come up with is 3 have been in flower for nearly 4 weeks and the stunted one is roughtly at 7 weeks. (clear/ milky tricomes ) pistals about 30% dark reddish brown

These plants had fungus gnats when i got them and what appreaed to be spider mite marks on the leaves, although I found no actual mites. i have treated them with a neem oil soil drench and foliar spray. Along with adding hot shot pest strips to my room, Seems to be working as I only see may 1 or 2 gnats left.

This what I have currently changed when they entered into my grow room.

Lights: 1) 1000w air cooled reflector roughly 13 inches above plants

Tempfluctuates between 62-65f at night and 72-80f during the day

Humidity: ranges from 55%-27%

Air: good airflow pulling fresh air from a bedroom and seconday inlet and exhausting though a 480cfm fan and carbon filter, secondary oscilating fan runs as well

Nutes: I am using technaflora nute kit that I had already and feeding on a feed ,water, water schedule per the nute map that can with the kit

Water soulition PH: ranges from 5.7-6.0

I am begining to see more yellowing on the lower older fan leaves (some of this is normal in flowering if I read that correctly) However I am also now seeing developments such as redding of the leaf viens and some stems, and a reddish pattern forming on what seems to be from the leaf tip in, some leaf tips are begining to curl under. I have included pictures as well to help confirm diagnosis. I am leaning to nute lock or some other dificancy? and help with help make me a better grower in the future so don't hold back and remember I am not looking to used the holy grail to bring these plants back I just want to learn how to Identify and treat these issues in a learning endevor

Thanks in advance for your input i am trying to upload pictures now

Ok so I am a new grower and have decided that before I begin my first actual grow for my patient (girlfriend) that I needed to do a test run and learn all i possibly can about growing first, in order to properly care for her and her condtion. I have decided in a learning attempt to take on a projected that was scheduled to be abandonned by the previous owner of these plants. I figured what better way to learn is by taking these plants that have issues, really use the information I am collecting in order to avoid some of these issues when I do a real run at this. So I am reaching out to the mmma members for thier opinions, advice, and even some of thier BS with the attitude of learnig as much as I can. And hopefully others newbies can use it as well.

Here is what I know about these plants:

I have 4 White Widow (as far I as I know) That have been growing in dirt from clone

They were in poor condtions ....Basement, no tempature or humidity control, not even a thermometer present.

CFL's used during veg

600w hps was used once flowering was induce on a 12/12 cycle

Light was postioned way to far away from plants

Growing medium is largley unknown dirt

Nutes: grower said only thing he has used was water and sugar water

I recieved these plants after they were put into flower 3 of which 1 1/2 week before I recieved them, and 1 that had been flowering nearly 3 weeks (this one is stunted and leggy which much distance between buds.

As close to a time frame I can come up with is 3 have been in flower for nearly 4 weeks and the stunted one is roughtly at 7 weeks. (clear/ milky tricomes ) pistals about 30% dark reddish brown

These plants had fungus gnats when i got them and what appreaed to be spider mite marks on the leaves, although I found no actual mites. i have treated them with a neem oil soil drench and foliar spray. Along with adding hot shot pest strips to my room, Seems to be working as I only see may 1 or 2 gnats left.

This what I have currently changed when they entered into my grow room.

Lights: 1) 1000w air cooled reflector roughly 13 inches above plants

Tempfluctuates between 62-65f at night and 72-80f during the day

Humidity: ranges from 55%-27%

Air: good airflow pulling fresh air from a bedroom and seconday inlet and exhausting though a 480cfm fan and carbon filter, secondary oscilating fan runs as well

Nutes: I am using technaflora nute kit that I had already and feeding on a feed ,water, water schedule per the nute map that can with the kit

Water soulition PH: ranges from 5.7-6.0

I am begining to see more yellowing on the lower older fan leaves (some of this is normal in flowering if I read that correctly) However I am also now seeing developments such as redding of the leaf viens and some stems, and a reddish pattern forming on what seems to be from the leaf tip in, some leaf tips are begining to curl under. I have included pictures as well to help confirm diagnosis. I am leaning to nute lock or some other dificancy? and help with help make me a better grower in the future so don't hold back and remember I am not looking to used the holy grail to bring these plants back I just want to learn how to Identify and treat these issues in a learning endevor

Thanks in advance for your input i am trying to upload pictures now

Guest Mr_smith

This is just my personal opinion, but I would imagine it would be more benifical for you to grow your own plants and deal with issues that arise by advice of the pros on this board.

Playing Dr. House and trying to save sick plants and diagnose them could throw you off in the future. These plants are going to be a lot more stress than you should put yourself through being a new grower. Not to mention that it kinda sounds like these plants are already phucked. If you wanna learn, the best thing I could tell yo to do is read Bubblegrowers stickys at the top of this forum (Grow questions and Bg's prepetual.)

Both of those threads are so packed with info its not even funny. Read a few pages daily and not all at once, get some good info and let it sink in.

If you are determined to try and save these plants (which I dont think anyone will disapprove of) then go for it! I would be glad to help!

Looks like BG already beat me to the punch as usual. Ph does seem low. How long have you been in the process of "fixing" these plant?

Best of luck to you, welcome to the board and keep us posted!

Guest Mr_smith

By the way, when I said these plants are phucked, I did not in any way mean they are not saveable. I'm positive they are. I do believe you will be dissapointed with the end result however.

It sounds like you have the gear, you should start a seed to smoke journal. I promise you will have quite a few of us following it and helping you along the way!

Guest Mr_smith

You all should just switch to Advanced Nutrients and then your issues will all go away, no ph to check, just follow the system you choose!It even fixes sick plants! Just flush what you got and start fresh.

1. You need to pay more attention to the content of the nutrients and less to the brand name.

2. You should NEVER under any circumstances not moniter your ph.

3. He needs to pay attention to the problem at hand before he should address the solution. A flush in the current state of the plant could do more harm than good.

Archived