The Oakland Press Is At Is Again!

mizerman

I always check the on-line stories daily at The Oakland Press.

Well, surprise, surprise, surprise...they just had one of their editors write some typical right-wing propaganda piece.

He suggests that Gov. Granholm sit down with the legislature to fix the law seemingly because WE THE PEOPLE were too stupid and didn't know what we were voting for!

Well, the troops need to be rallied and start sounding off to the "ragweed of a publication"/"mouthpiece for the Oakland County Republican Party! I have had enough of the Oakland Press and their issuance of propaganda pieces regarding a law that the majority of people across the state voted for AND an overwhelming majority voted for in Oakland County!

I urge all of you to voice your displeasure with Glenn Gilbert - the author of this article and the "joke of a publication" - the Oakland Press as well.

Thanks,

Mizerman :growl::devil:

p.s. the article's title is, 'Negiotiated Consensus' can fix Medical Marijauna Law

Well, besides it being mostly propaganda, there was an interesting partial admission that goes further than these folks have gone before "A caregiver may cultivate marijuana for, and sell to, ". Of course they are still trying to say up to 5 patients, but progress is being made... remember these folks were claiming that all sales were illegal.

Guess it is time to put on the writing hat... ;)

Sounds like they know they are on the losing end of a broken stick............ :rolleyes:

Perhaps, the 3 stooges, Fischer, and Justice O'Connell are planning to collaborate on a new work of fiction, and this is the pre-book writing book tour? It will be a parody of the classic "Green eggs and ham", and will strive to stay within their reading comprehension levels...

After all, they will all be needing supplemental income in the future... :D

The OP already voiced their endorsements for Schuette, so we can expect that from a statist leaning rag. I think I will cancel my subscription. They won't care, but I will!

Thanks! I cancelled mine a long time ago.

Mizerman

p.s. and thank you Rev Thad for adding your voice of reason below the article.

Hi Folks, Please don't protest the court on the 3rd. As I have said before and I have been proven right, this is only hurting the movement and the defendants. Any protest should be coordinated with the MOCC and other Compassion Clubs in Oakland County, as they will be forced to live with the aftermath of any such protest. The last protest resulted in Compassion Clubs being outlawed in Oakland County. Please do fill up the courtroom to show your support.

There is much to protest, but it should be advocacy groups that lead protests not those with a financial stake. The advocates in this state had a stellar record, and still do, including in Oakland County. I think this military attack by Oakland County against patients/caregivers and the declaration of war against Compassion Clubs justifies the use of civil disobedience. But it should not be business that leads the charge. This is a recipe for disaster. I have ask the various business associations to sit down with the MMMA, but they have refused. There was a conference call set for last week, but they canceled.

The MMMA has offered repeatedly to sit down with the Oakland County Government and clear up any misunderstandings about the law and their mistake concerning Compassion Clubs. So this article is a farce and just shows our enemies desperation. We must return our movement to it's grass roots. We are dealing with a political machine. The people not business is the only thing that can stop that machine from rolling over us. Business will benefit from our success, but patients/caregivers and Compassion Clubs can't afford failures.

I am asking all business associations to step away from this fight as you have cost us greatly already. I am also asking the local Compassion Clubs to provide the advocacy community with guidance concerning your wishes. We will honor them. Thanks, Bb

Sorry Blueberry. I strongly disagree with you.

Strength in NUMBERS!

Mizerman

p.s. would have aprreciated it more if you started your own thread demanding people NOT protest in your own link/forum topic

Hi Folks, Please don't protest the court on the 3rd. As I have said before and I have been proven right, this is only hurting the movement and the defendants. Any protest should be coordinated with the MOCC and other Compassion Clubs in Oakland County, as they will be forced to live with the aftermath of any such protest. The last protest resulted in Compassion Clubs being outlawed in Oakland County. Please do fill up the courtroom to show your support.

There is much to protest, but it should be advocacy groups that lead protests not those with a financial stake. The advocates in this state had a stellar record, and still do, including in Oakland County. I think this military attack by Oakland County against patients/caregivers and the declaration of war against Compassion Clubs justifies the use of civil disobedience. But it should not be business that leads the charge. This is a recipe for disaster. I have ask the various business associations to sit down with the MMMA, but they have refused. There was a conference call set for last week, but they canceled.

The MMMA has offered repeatedly to sit down with the Oakland County Government and clear up any misunderstandings about the law and their mistake concerning Compassion Clubs. So this article is a farce and just shows our enemies desperation. We must return our movement to it's grass roots. We are dealing with a political machine. The people not business is the only thing that can stop that machine from rolling over us. Business will benefit from our success, but patients/caregivers and Compassion Clubs can't afford failures.

I am asking all business associations to step away from this fight as you have cost us greatly already. I am also asking the local Compassion Clubs to provide the advocacy community with guidance concerning your wishes. We will honor them. Thanks, Bb

WOW :sword: You sure hijacked this thread! Can you please clarify some of your claims?

How did the last protest result in the Compassion clubs in Oakland county being attacked and subsequently shut down?

How have the business associations "cost us greatly already?"

It certainly makes sense to coordinate with the local compassion clubs but you ask the business interest to "step back." What about stepping up and coordinating with the MMM Association and the local clubs?

We appreciate all clarity. :goodjob:

We don't disagree, there is strength in numbers. I was speaking about tactics. We are currently making our enemy stronger. This means we must reassess our strategy or we will continue to fail. Our entire movement has lost months of work because of the misuse of protest and local Compassion Clubs have been dealt a deadly blow. Protest are a tool and must only be used when the consequences of having one of these events is not the destruction of what you are trying to defend.

There are many other reasons that this group must take a step back from the legitimate advocacy movement, but I will not reveal them unless I am forced to. It is up to this group. I am giving them the opportunity to take a step back. I hope for their sake that they use this opportunity to save face and rehabilitate themselves into productive members of our community.

From a patient's perspective:

I want a choice as to where I can acquire my meds. If I want to go to a dispensary and can afford to do so - I will. Patients need better, safer, and saner access to their medicine.

Bleuberry, I know you weren't too happy about the last protest where six buses of people showed up and spent several hours outside. And, there were quite a few of us there who didn't ride a bus. To me, you sounded childish and petty about calling them out for providing folks with a bottle of water, a sandwich or a slice of pizza? C'mon - you're better than that.

Then, you hi-jack my thread. I was simply trying to call attention to the latest propaganda story from The Oakland Press. You started talking about a planned phone call and the other side isn't doing this - or, isn't doing that - or, blew off the planned phone call with you...

Well, guess what - maybe they aren't going to do things your way?

I'm not trying to stir up crap - merely try and suggest something else:

How about YOU going to Ferndale on November 3rd and talk with "them"...?

From what I've seen and witnessed: there is no difference between the rally you were a part of that my wife and I went to at 1200 N. Telegraph in Pontiac and the one you were so against. I'm kind of at a loss for words - I don't recall hi-jacking one of your threads and then start going off on some wild tangent that had nothing to do with your original topic.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Mizerman

p.s. Every single organization in the state should be in Ferndale on November 3rd. Not just the Michigan Association of Compassion Clubs - but, also the MOCC, the MMMA, and whoever else we can get to show up! Wouldn't it be nice to get 500 or more people to show up for this next event?

My friend,

I don't even think Joe was upset about the protest itself, I think it was more about the portrayed image that the media and LEO used to describe it. They tried to make it look as if the protest was a paid exercise and that it was about the business side of things. We all know that those that were down there protesting, were there for patients and their right to access of medicine in a safe and reliable way, and to protect their right to keep their status confidential.

Now back to the discussion of Pravda (err I mean the Oakland Press), and their propaganda machine. I fully expect them or Oakland County to hire Baghdad Bob to handle future press releases concerning medical marijuana... ;)

My friend,

I don't even think Joe was upset about the protest itself, I think it was more about the portrayed image that the media and LEO used to describe it. They tried to make it look as if the protest was a paid exercise and that it was about the business side of things. We all know that those that were down there protesting, were there for patients and their right to access of medicine in a safe and reliable way, and to protect their right to keep their status confidential.

Now back to the discussion of Pravda (err I mean the Oakland Press), and their propaganda machine. I fully expect them or Oakland County to hire Baghdad Bob to handle future press releases concerning medical marijuana... ;)

Well, unfortunately in order to prove my point he deleted many of his posts about that matter of him not endorsing the protest.

I am still absolutely bewildered and stunned that...not only is he saying NOT to go protest in Ferndale on November 3rd...but, he some how felt it neccessary to hi-jack my own personal Forum Topic.

Nothing from Blueberry.

If you would like for this to be my last post - fine.

Delete my account.

Mizerman

“The act throws a proverbial curveball to local government by mandating that the identity and address of those having ID cards not be disclosed — even to law enforcement,” he adds. The purpose of the prohibition is to guard the confidentiality of the patient-caregiver relationship.

-from Gerald Fisher.. At least he admits this, but townships are still strongly taking his advice by proposing that people pay additional fees and register to their local Police Departments

But here is where the Dictator-Complex comes in...

A way needs to be found to let law enforcement know where such facilities are “in order to identify and distinguish sites of lawful activity from sites of unlawful activity,” Fisher says.

By the way I have talked to several CREDIBLE individuals for that one item i mentioned the other week. Unfortunately it wont happen prior to Nov 2 but things are looking very good. I understand the point Blueberry makes, but sometimes money does talk. And I am not even referring to new money (from MMJ). I mean old money.

Guest finallyfree09

law proffesor gerald fisher says... "The proponents of medical marijuana could come to the bargaining table with legitimate evidence that a sufficient proportion of the public is in support of a defined use of medical marijuana."

is it just me, or did a significant portion of the public already weigh in on this a couple of years ago? i believe... if he looks long enough and in the right places..... mr fisher will be able to get the actual number of people that professed, on official ballots, their SUPPORT.... 63% OF THEIR SUPPORT.... for a defined use of medical marijuana.

seriously... this guy is a law professor??? how on earth can this be? this man should NOT be teaching people law. what an idiot.

law proffesor gerald fisher says... "The proponents of medical marijuana could come to the bargaining table with legitimate evidence that a sufficient proportion of the public is in support of a defined use of medical marijuana."

is it just me, or did a significant portion of the public already weigh in on this a couple of years ago? i believe... if he looks long enough and in the right places..... mr fisher will be able to get the actual number of people that professed, on official ballots, their SUPPORT.... 63% OF THEIR SUPPORT.... for a defined use of medical marijuana.

seriously... this guy is a law professor??? how on earth can this be? this man should NOT be teaching people law. what an idiot.

Mr. Fisher, I believe a significant portion of individual human beings support our right to decide for ourselves what foods and medicines we ingest without some tyrant approving our choices or not. As long as an individual human being has not infringed on the rights of other individual humans to live for their own sake, no king or tyrant or gang or thug or governmental agency has the right to force other individual humans to obey the wishes of the masters. This is tyranny.

So, if you are ok with some humans ruling over other humans without their consent then you are ok with tyranny (at least on some level, I mean how much tyranny is ok, how much is too much, huh?)

You have no business, sir, teaching anything to anyone. You espouse statism. Freedom loving humans everywhere stand against it. We must not compromise with evil, when we can choose not to do so. You sir are leading fre people along the path to slavery, misery, and death for indivdual humans whom you will deem it ok to sacrifice on your alter of 'the greater good", which always uses the sacrifice of individuals as the engine that evil runs on.

This is all the legitimate ecidence most of us humans need. You sir need to open your eyes and awaken to facts, compassion, and individual human rights, or you will continue being an impediment to a free people asserting their individual human rights.

Please Mr. Fisher, please consider helping people instead of harming them.

I always check the on-line stories daily at The Oakland Press.

Well, surprise, surprise, surprise...they just had one of their editors write some typical right-wing propaganda piece.

He suggests that Gov. Granholm sit down with the legislature to fix the law seemingly because WE THE PEOPLE were too stupid and didn't know what we were voting for!

Well, the troops need to be rallied and start sounding off to the "ragweed of a publication"/"mouthpiece for the Oakland County Republican Party! I have had enough of the Oakland Press and their issuance of propaganda pieces regarding a law that the majority of people across the state voted for AND an overwhelming majority voted for in Oakland County!

I urge all of you to voice your displeasure with Glenn Gilbert - the author of this article and the "joke of a publication" - the Oakland Press as well.

Thanks,

Mizerman :growl::devil:

p.s. the article's title is, 'Negiotiated Consensus' can fix Medical Marijauna Law

What else can be said