Who Is This Guy?

Nameless_Hero

Who am I referring to you ask?

This man, Professor Gerald Fisher, who I guess is the most knowledgeable person on the planet in regards to Medical Marijuana Policies. I love how these Oakland County extremists are trying to get every local official to believe this man and his report (the White Pages) are the Holy Grail of this law's future. Ive read the 63 page report, twice and in my opinion it is much too biased to be called a report. Lacking any strong statistical or scientific evidence to back up his claims. But then we have townships, even those outside of Oakland County believing that this report is what they HAVE to follow, along with Brooks Pattersons 3 choices he gave to cities. Whether this man is a law professor or not, he has no experience in drug policy, especially that of medical marijuana. How are these 2 gentleman getting away with this?

I strongly suggest to the MMMA: its moderators, authors, admins and legal professionals to collaborate and make a report: The Green Pages. Hah, but Im serious.

Something that provides medical benefits, research as well as crime related statistics and how much money is dumped into the war on drugs needs to be compiled in response to this. Because these individual townships need something to balance out their decision making process.

There are so many positive reports out there on cannabis - from extremely reputable sources also; the issue is they do not want to read or listen to any of it - so there are really only 2 options - 1. Vote each person who does not support out, 2. Wait until the reefer madness people die (I have yet to really hear the over the top claims bout the negative effects of cannabis from anyone under the age of 45)

your rite dt! my old man is a retired cop,(1985) and he dont even want to talk a bout mm, as far as he is concerned it is bad for you and no one can tell him any different!

Now my mom is a lil more understanding, she told him she would rather see me using mm than the narcotics i was on. they are 71 and 72 yrs old, untill our mothers and fathers move over and let jimmy take over, that is going to be the thinking of most their age! Now i know my old man is sore as all hell, we been shrink wrapping boats for a month and a half now, wish I had some hard canabiss candy with a good amount of thc in it, and I would give him and my mother one, and watch as their pain subsides and they chill and watch t.v and get the munchies!

sorry if peeps dont agree with me, but they are my parents and im sure the proof is in the pudding and thats what it would take to get them to even begin to realy understand!

Peace

FTW

Jim

"The White Pages" are one of many points on the saw blade the "Anti'-MJ" are using.

White pages highlight the municipal, judicial, political, criminal and of course the revenue that can lead these power hungry Anti-MJ people to untold positions of authority.

Municipal: zoning issues are used to find suitable places that medicine can be either grown or used, soon (if we let them zone us in/out) we might have to relocate to medicate

Judicial: Cathrine Mish (GR city Atty, openly against MJ) cites the Federal Supremacy Clause as to dictate where our law sits and how to crush it. Test cases are in the courts to test if we have rights or if they might be privileges in the use or possession of MJ.

Political: any candidate who is against this plant cites it as an abusive drug that is accessible to minors, has no use in society (medical), and should be eradicated. IF those lines are spoken to an audience it certainly echoes through everyone who likes to impose invasive authority upon someone else for either financial gain or as simple as a vote. Utter BS

Criminal: arrest those who use it and seize the suspects life in it's tracks... use forfeiture law as a source of supplemental income. Boost crime stats to gain federal monies/grants for new battletanks.

Revenue: where ever they can find it... tax caregivers for any transaction, surcharges for having the new zoning inspectors give you the green light (plumbing, electrical, HVAC). Seizure of ALL assets if you don't comply.

I see they (the Michigan Municipal League and the Author of the White Pages) has missed a few things: ONE is the Agricultural aspect... industrial HEMP (MIHEMP needs to speak up and lobby the Legislature into allowing the growth).

TWO is how the whole presentation the MML and the White Pages miss the HARD FACTS and EMPIRICAL DATA. I heard a lot of OPINIONS and FEAR MONGERING in a pathetic attempt to sway municipal leaders into stopping any new businesses. UM HELLO the City of Battle Creek has layed off SEVERAL firefighters because of a budget shortfall, while the city invested $85 MILLION to bring new hope into town. WTFudge???

THREE you cannot just arrest anyone with a card so you can have some test cases in court, are you forgetting DUE PROCESS and the INNOCENT TIL PROVEN GUILTY and simply put PRIVACY RIGHTS???

FOUR making an attempt to keep the public at distance with the real issues is DISGUSTING, all public meetings should be publicly published in the paper and posted on the interwebs with credible information. (NO F.U.D.)

FIVE your complete silence on CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES... this is not an easy path your are treading here MML, you see when you mess with papa bear or his cubs papa bear gets very protective on how the state talks to my cubs. My cubs know what is dangerous and what isn't, pills kill quickly... flowers don't.

Both the MML and Author of the White Pages need to Clearly cite their sources and who they represent (wear a letter jacket with all your sponsors sewn on so US the general public can see who is paying you to talk).

Cowering behind some childish shield of BANTER shows to me how you work... how you are subverting two-thirds of Michigan's voting populace with attempting to control private health matters in a public stage/supreme court... cry out that the feds should do something about the scheduling of the controlled substance (while driving a wedge between the pharmacists assoc. on their stance with MJ)... beg that local Police Officers should seek federal assistance to weed out (LOL PUN) growers... SICKENING. "Oh the crime" is not an excuse, liquor stores and banks and real pharmacies are robbed frequently, allow us the patients and caregivers worry about the security of our homes and businesses (robber be real scared of the sound of a 12 gauge getting pumped while the dogs be barking).

Prosecuting Atty's need to have some understanding of how to be COMPASSIONATE, one or two plants over the limit is not just cause to pull the whole crop. Yes you greedy pig I said one or two... make an intelligent decision on helping those elderly and sick instead of making them return to square one.

That is all for now... kinda sore, gotta take a break.

Forum... they (MML) wants opinions, let's give them some.

your rite dt! my old man is a retired cop,(1985) and he dont even want to talk a bout mm, as far as he is concerned it is bad for you and no one can tell him any different!

Now my mom is a lil more understanding, she told him she would rather see me using mm than the narcotics i was on. they are 71 and 72 yrs old, untill our mothers and fathers move over and let jimmy take over, that is going to be the thinking of most their age! Now i know my old man is sore as all hell, we been shrink wrapping boats for a month and a half now, wish I had some hard canabiss candy with a good amount of thc in it, and I would give him and my mother one, and watch as their pain subsides and they chill and watch t.v and get the munchies!

sorry if peeps dont agree with me, but they are my parents and im sure the proof is in the pudding and thats what it would take to get them to even begin to realy understand!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Jim, Sorry to hear your Dad won't talk about MM. My dad is also a retired cop and thinks the idea of MM is great! None of us here use it, but as long as we are legal growers, he thinks it's cool. We have several Lenawee County Deputy's coming out to my farm to hunt and they love my grow rooms. I don't know what the general consensus of the Lenewee County Sherriff's idea of MM, though I don't think it's too supportive of it, but at least the ones that come to my farm are supportive. I'm happy with that. Zeke

Can't we find a creditable law professor who will write a less biased white paper on the law? Lets face it anyone can write a white paper. It only represents the opinion of the writer and is not peer reviewed or in any way checked for accuracy.

There is so much written about the health and medical benefits of marijuana doing more research is almost redundant. Many, many law reviews have advocated legalization. Many have advocated medical marijuana in various forms.

Despite the total blackout on federal funding for any research that might show beneficial effects of marijuana there really is a ton of stuff out there in the medical journals, in the psychology journals, it's pretty much everywhere. GFE :blink:

What about a link to this guys propaganda piece?

Yeah thats what Im saying. The White Pages are based off of one man's or group's interests. It is an attempt to 'hustle' people via a report. But when it comes to pro MMJ materials, there are endless documents that span several decades. Basically centuries. These need to be compounded into one document that will be Michigan specific. The real research like lawyercaregiver said is not on marijuana its the money spent locking people up, how much money the state makes to put people on probation etc etc

I just wonder how many years it will be before the major pharmaceutical companies get into the game and then the Federal Government will bless it royally.

They are trying to get into the game, but in a back door way... through synthetics. The money for them is in keeping the real stuff illegal, so that their synthetics have a market.

Can't we find a creditable law professor who will write a less biased white paper on the law? Lets face it anyone can write a white paper. It only represents the opinion of the writer and is not peer reviewed or in any way checked for accuracy.

Yeah but that one opinion is becoming the local law

There is so much written about the health and medical benefits of marijuana doing more research is almost redundant. Many, many law reviews have advocated legalization. Many have advocated medical marijuana in various forms.

Despite the total blackout on federal funding for any research that might show beneficial effects of marijuana there really is a ton of stuff out there in the medical journals, in the psychology journals, it's pretty much everywhere. GFE :blink:

What about a link to this guys propaganda piece?

LOL the government won't fund the research on it because they are to busy funding the actual growing! They grow it right out of University of Mississippi for THEIR, THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENTS, OWN MEDICAL MARIJUANA PATIENTS.. all 7 of them. The federal government are a bunch of hypocrits unfortunately :( and they live by the do as I say not as I do motto

Archived