Michigan Constitution - An Important Reminder

History of Michigan Constitution

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/Publications/Constitution.pdf

An important reminder, for everyone and all concerned:

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/Statewide_Bal_Prop_Status_145801_7.pdf

Please, note: Any "results" of the so-called "Constitutional Convention Committee" is not proposed to be published for .... another FOUR YEARS!

What's up with that, eh?!

Know the Truth.

Stand up for Our Individual "Rights".

Promote Compassionate Communities.

BE FREE - to BE FREE!

HARVEST The HEALING!

If approved there would be another round of elections (a primary and then election of the delegates). After they agree upon whatever changes they deem necessary, the changes would need to be ratified by the people of the state. In my opinion, something being ratified is not a likely occurrence.

I will be voting no on that ballot initiative this Nov 2nd. In the off chance that prohibitionists carry the elections this year, I don't want them going in and backdooring the voter initiatives that have already become law.

If approved there would be another round of elections (a primary and then election of the delegates). After they agree upon whatever changes they deem necessary, the changes would need to be ratified by the people of the state. In my opinion, something being ratified is not a likely occurrence.

I will be voting no on that ballot initiative this Nov 2nd. In the off chance that prohibitionists carry the elections this year, I don't want them going in and backdooring the voter initiatives that have already become law.

If the Constitution of Michigan is changed you can be assured that there will be MORE 'backroom' deals going on than occur 'right now'.

I voted 'NO' on changing the Constitution of Michigan.

Can we really trust the same politicians that have f'ed things up so badly to revamp the Sate Constitution? :thumbsd:

Our elected and non-elected officials have disregarded, trampled, ignored, and destroyed our federal and state constitutions. It really doesn't matter, does it? I mean, they just do what they want to the masses anyways.

If our elected and non-elected officials would just uphold and defend the US Constitution we wouldn't need a state one. Individual human rights being protected (as long as one is not infringing on the rights of others) is all that would be required to insure freedom, liberty, and happy pursuits for each individual human being.

Our elected and non-elected officials have disregarded, trampled, ignored, and destroyed our federal and state constitutions. It really doesn't matter, does it? I mean, they just do what they want to the masses anyways.

So, sad ... but, so true.

Hopefully, together, we can ALL HELP, if even just a little, to make things better ... and better ...

FREE The CURE!

If our elected and non-elected officials would just uphold and defend the US Constitution we wouldn't need a state one. Individual human rights being protected (as long as one is not infringing on the rights of others) is all that would be required to insure freedom, liberty, and happy pursuits for each individual human being.

State constitutions are still very important, even if there was complete compliance with the US Constitution. Remember that the US Constitution sets limits on the powers of the fed, and defers back to the states for all other matters. ;) One could strongly argue that state constitutions are more important than the federal one. The vary construction is important in understanding the way our country developed, and the way populations spread out. One was able to vote against a particular practice in one state by moving to another... ;)

State constitutions are still very important, even if there was complete compliance with the US Constitution. Remember that the US Constitution sets limits on the powers of the fed, and defers back to the states for all other matters. ;) One could strongly argue that state constitutions are more important than the federal one. The vary construction is important in understanding the way our country developed, and the way populations spread out. One was able to vote against a particular practice in one state by moving to another... ;)

I agree totally that states should remain unique so people have choices and differences remain in tact. But, I still say that if each individual's basic human rights were upheld and protected we would be in a much better world, even without state constitutions. I am sorry for being such a pest, but I just don't think constitutions matter any more, if they ever did. Not in my lifetime it seems, anyways, to be the case.

These humans just think it is ok to rule over other humans without their consent, and I would like them to go somewhere else and form their own country and leave freedom loving people alone.

Personally, if I thought it would matter, I would be really worried about these guys changing everything, but they already are, constitutionally or otherwise. They legislate from the bench, ignore laws for their own gain, try any means they can to subdue the masses and control us to fit their idea of some authoritarian society, and always at the cost of individual human beings. This is why I feel we must first insure that the rights of each individual human being gets protected, or we all lose in the end.

Yes, 'relocating' does come to mind for me.

If Prop 19 happens in Cal.... wellllllll.

'Mayflower' or Two Men and a Truck?'

I agree totally that states should remain unique so people have choices and differences remain in tact. But, I still say that if each individual's basic human rights were upheld and protected we would be in a much better world, even without state constitutions. I am sorry for being such a pest, but I just don't think constitutions matter any more, if they ever did. Not in my lifetime it seems, anyways, to be the case.

These humans just think it is ok to rule over other humans without their consent, and I would like them to go somewhere else and form their own country and leave freedom loving people alone.

Personally, if I thought it would matter, I would be really worried about these guys changing everything, but they already are, constitutionally or otherwise. They legislate from the bench, ignore laws for their own gain, try any means they can to subdue the masses and control us to fit their idea of some authoritarian society, and always at the cost of individual human beings. This is why I feel we must first insure that the rights of each individual human being gets protected, or we all lose in the end.

:goodjob:WELL SAID. :thumbsu:

Sb

Archived