Patient Lists Held By Law Enforcement?!?!

longmiles

Hello.

I am very new to the medical marijuana world and look forward to gaining knowledge from this forum and others.

A friend of mine in law enforcement told me that a list of registered medical marijuana patients by county is kept on file by local law enforcement agencies. Is this true?

Thank You

It should not be true due to the patient confidentiality law. The Police Chief here in Monroe,Mi. said there is no way for them to know in advance who may be a legal patient. If they get a call from someone complaining about marijuana use or growing they have to check it out to find out if it is a legal patient or not. So no I would say it is NOT true

I would like everyone to take notice on people newly registered to this website and immediately their first post is some type of scare tactic. Could this be out of concern? Sure, I will give anyone the benefit of the doubt, but wow, first post. The only records I know police have are the ones they confiscated in those raids, which are supposed to be confidential.

Quoted verbatim from the LAW

(h) The following confidentiality rules shall apply:

(1) Applications and supporting information submitted by qualifying patients, including information regarding their primary caregivers and physicians, are confidential.

(2) The department shall maintain a confidential list of the persons to whom the department has issued registry identification cards. Individual names and other identifying information on the list is confidential and is exempt from disclosure under the freedom of information act, 1976 PA 442, MCL 15.231 to 15.246.

(3) The department shall verify to law enforcement personnel whether a registry identification card is valid, without disclosing more information than is reasonably necessary to verify the authenticity of the registry identification card.

(4) A person, including an employee or official of the department or another state agency or local unit of government, who discloses confidential information in violation of this act is guilty of a misdemeanor, punishable by imprisonment for not more than 6 months, or a fine of not more than $1, 000.00, or both. Notwithstanding this provision, department employees may notify law enforcement about falsified or fraudulent information submitted to the department.

Does your local leo have this list ???

I dought that very much. The more folks that sign up, the more this silly list will be useless. I know I'm on our local leos list as I been to there office more then once pushing for folks rights under this law. That doesn't bother me at all as I'm 100% legal and all paperwork is in order. They know I'm legal,, they know I'd sue there socks off so me being on this list is one biggy. I dont try to hide anyways...............

Kick my door in for no reason and I'll make ya famous. You'll be on my video for my house so ya best do your busting right or I'll plaster those videos far and wide and I'll not plead to a parking ticket, so have no fear,,, I'll make ya pay. Our local leo's knows this and knows I stay legal so this list does them no good.

See what I mean ?? The more folks that get on the list the more it becomes useless.............

The more folks make them PAY the more they'll leave us alone.

The more of us that become fearless of them and this list the more it all does them no good.

Refuse to plea

refuse to plea

refuse to plea.

The more lawsuits that take thier money away the more they'll keep thier hands off sick people..

There is a box at the bottom of your form for your application for your card, asking if youn want to be listed in the LEIN database - that can give LEO instanat verification - otherwise they have to contact the MDCH.

Not true. There are two choices on that application. #1 Allows MDCH to confirm your name and DOB when your ID number is given to them by LEO and #2 Allows MDCH to also give your address if LEO first gives your ID #.

No, it's not true, or at least shouldn't be. They may have a list of people they've stopped/arrested/questioned that have presented their card, and that's legal, but they aren't allowed to obtain any information from the MDCH without first seeing a person's card.

I would disagree about any list being made up from presented ID cards. The information on the cards is protected information. The source of the information on the ID card is the MDCH data file in Lansing.

But that might take a test case to prove. That is .. an officer being arrested and tried.

I would like everyone to take notice on people newly registered to this website and immediately their first post is some type of scare tactic. Could this be out of concern? Sure, I will give anyone the benefit of the doubt, but wow, first post. The only records I know police have are the ones they confiscated in those raids, which are supposed to be confidential.

(1) Applications and supporting information submitted by qualifying patients, including information regarding their primary caregivers and physicians, are confidential.

(2) The department shall maintain a confidential list of the persons to whom the department has issued registry identification cards. Individual names and other identifying information on the list is confidential and is exempt from disclosure under the freedom of information act, 1976 PA 442, MCL 15.231 to 15.246.

(3) The department shall verify to law enforcement personnel whether a registry identification card is valid, without disclosing more information than is reasonably necessary to verify the authenticity of the registry identification card.

(4) A person, including an employee or official of the department or another state agency or local unit of government, who discloses confidential information in violation of this act is guilty of a misdemeanor, punishable by imprisonment for not more than 6 months, or a fine of not more than $1, 000.00, or both. Notwithstanding this provision, department employees may notify law enforcement about falsified or fraudulent information submitted to the department.

I like your posts, I dont recall seeing you around before i went on a 2 month vacation, your join date is this month, did you change your name, or does a few wks make you better?

(just wondering, I dont mean no offense)

Peace

FTW

Jim

I would disagree about any list being made up from presented ID cards. The information on the cards is protected information. The source of the information on the ID card is the MDCH data file in Lansing.

But that might take a test case to prove. That is .. an officer being arrested and tried.

What we need is for people to submit a request for their LEIN file after an encounter with LEO and see if patient or CG information was entered into the LEIN database. One of my concerns is that one LEO will back off when presented with an ID card but will make an entry into LEIN...so the next time that person's information is run through LEIN - even absent a patient or CG card, say in the course of a normal traffic stop - their MJ status wil pop up. We need to to encourage people to follow-up after LEO encounters to find out what information is documented and if a breech of confidentiality is found, smack 'em with a lawsuit.

The police cannot use your name to search lien records and find out that you are a registered patient/caregiver. That particular bit of untruthfulness has been floating around our community for ages. They need your patient/caregiver ID # in order to query lien records and get any results. This is by law, anyone telling you otherwise is misinformed or trying to stir up shite...Peace...j.b.

The police cannot use your name to search lien records and find out that you are a registered patient/caregiver. That particular bit of untruthfulness has been floating around our community for ages. They need your patient/caregiver ID # in order to query lien records and get any results. This is by law, anyone telling you otherwise is misinformed or trying to stir up shite...Peace...j.b.

A physical procedure had been established to enter the inquiry into the LEIN system.

The system was being made ready, but I don't think that any links or database information was plugged into the LEIN system.

I like your posts, I dont recall seeing you around before i went on a 2 month vacation, your join date is this month, did you change your name, or does a few wks make you better?

(just wondering, I dont mean no offense)

Peace

FTW

Jim

I envy your ability to be so care free about all issues. Honestly, if someone just joined this site and read that, could it freak a newbie out? I would lean towards yes on that one. All I did was copy an excerpt from the law. Here Ctrl+C then Ctrl+V.. Now you can do it too.

out of roughly 60 thousand registered cgs and patients there are only around 17 thousand on this site (some probably not even registered) I dont need to prove my worth or credibility through time spent as a forum member.

What is a lot more obvious is your persistent pattern of attacking every new member for no reason what so ever and your consistently confrontational attitude.

The question the poster asked is perfectly reasonable. A lot of people are worried about getting their name on a police watch list. I know one guy who is a qualified patient who will not get his card because he fears it will affect his CCW permit.

Funny how in your view everything everyone else posts has some hidden nefarious intentions. It's almost as if you are putting out an all troll bulletin to pick on the new guy. Go tend to your plants man.

A physical procedure had been established to enter the inquiry into the LEIN system.

The system was being made ready, but I don't think that any links or database information was plugged into the LEIN system.

True. I posted the memo a long time ago after gov jenny's office sent it out. I have not heard if the system is running "fully" as of yet. But yes they are linked.

Archived