Quantity Question?

pipefitterman

i know the law states 2.5 oz of usable product... does this mean if you had 2 dozen medicated cookies that weighed lets say a pound, would one be over the legal limit? its just that i remember a case from years ago about a guy that laced sugar cubes with LSD and when they busted him they weighed the sugar cubes which landed him a life sentence so it made me courious.

Technically the weight should only be the actual meds, and WE know this. They do too, but I have heard of a few cases, like the cake mentioned above. I never heard of any rulings though stating wether or not the total weight would "HOLD UP".

I would like to find the actual files from the cake case and see what was ruled, if anything yet.

When they say any mixture thereof, I am sure they mean any mixture of flowers, leaves, usable marijuana ect.. not anything you mix it into automatically becomes part of the total weight.

(reason being so you can't try to interpret it as 2.5oz of flowers AND 2.5oz of leaves, makes sence to me)

If I am told to only take 1000mg of vicodin, and I wash it down with a glass of water, the amount of vicodin does not increase. Same if I crush it and mix it with applesauce, the amount of medicine does not change.

I have still only gotten 1000mg of my med as prescribed.

Of course thats just common sense, and well we are talking about LEO and common sence isn't too common with them sometimes.

Cookies likely count toward weight. Look at the deifnition of useable mj. It includes a mixture.

Actually the definition exactly is:

(j) "Usable marihuana" means the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant, and any mixture or preparation thereof, but does not include the seeds, stalks, and roots of the plant.

you have to look at the definition of thereof.

thereof; 1.Of the things just mentioned; of that....

Before "thereof" they mentioned; usable marihuana, dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant

AND any mixture "thereof" means the things just listed.

I didn't see cookies listed anywhere = LEGALLY according to the law, only the usable marihuana in the cookies would count.

Isn't it nice to see leo grasping for any little straw they can cling to though? :P

edit:

I wanted to add too...."but does not include the seeds, stalks, and roots of the plant."

If they are telling us the seeds, stalks, and roots (which are all legit parts of the plant) don't count, then we can't possible interpret that to mean that flower, chocolate chips, and sugar do count.

I'm sure LEO would include the weight of the baked goods.

1/100 of a gram of cocaine mixed with 90/100 gram of powdered sugar = 1 gram of cocaine.

1 pound of cookies = 1 pound of marijuana.

But how would they know that there was any ingredients other than than flour,eggs and sugar?

1/100 of a gram of cocaine mixed with 90/100 gram of powdered sugar = 1 gram of cocaine.

But how would they know that there was any ingredients other than than flour,eggs and sugar?

If you get caught with an ounce hidden inside a 5pound pack of hamburger, do they say you have 5pounds?

Of course not.

Your analogy does make sence, except, with cocain you would be using the sugar as a cutting agent, and not as part of an edible recipe. In "MY mind" I know there is a distinct difference.

Also, I am in no way saying an officer will understand it my way, but until we see someone get prosecuted for 3pounds over for baking a batch of cookies, I have to think the courts would rule in our favor on this one.

"Usable marihuana" to anyone with sence would not include the ingredients of the baked goods. Otherwise, are they going to start requiring a medical marihuana card to buy brownie mix? I mean after all, you just blurred the legal definition of marihuana and cookie ingredients right?

It's not the ingredients thats illegal, or in question. It's the actual USABLE marihuana. Any lawyer worth having should have no problem proving you didn't use 5 pounds of "usable marihuana" to make a batch of cookies. Also, if a lawyer can not get the weight of the ingredients dropped, then I would fire him and get a new one for letting them charge me with perfectly legal flower and sugar.

That said.....

I sure as hell am not going to offer Mr. Leo a marihuana cookie when he comes by. I am not going to mention these cookies, or ask him his opinion on how much marijuana it took to make them.... and unless they show up in the time it takes them to cool, I highly doubt they will have any evidence to weigh in the first place. :jipo:

Medicate=munchies can you please explain to me how we are worried about cookies putting us over on weight???

I am really having a hard time with this one ;):lol:

Medicate=munchies can you please explain to me how we are worried about cookies putting us over on weight???

I am really having a hard time with this one ;):lol:

Mostly because of cops and their friends on this forum stirring things up. They know how small and frankly nutso they look chasing people around for a medicinal herb that has been used safely by millions of people for at least thousands of years, but with their control bases slipping from their fingers, they are grasping at anything to hold on to their last bit of power.

One other sad aspect of this is the lengths that cops and their friends will go to ruin the lives of individual humans to achieve their goals. Love and compassion are lacking to the point that they can justify theft, terror, and even murder of innocent human beings. Can they be changed? Don't think so, as they can't see it. I really think that it is a mental defect that leads some humans to think it is ok to rule over others (who have harmed no humans) without their consent (tyranny). I just am at a loss to explain it otherwise.

We all wish Karma would hurry up and work out here and now in this life, but we may have to wait until the next...

Mostly because of cops and their friends on this forum stirring things up. They know how small and frankly nutso they look chasing people around for a medicinal herb that has been used safely by millions of people for at least thousands of years, but with their control bases slipping from their fingers, they are grasping at anything to hold on to their last bit of power.

One other sad aspect of this is the lengths that cops and their friends will go to ruin the lives of individual humans to achieve their goals. Love and compassion are lacking to the point that they can justify theft, terror, and even murder of innocent human beings. Can they be changed? Don't think so, as they can't see it. I really think that it is a mental defect that leads some humans to think it is ok to rule over others (who have harmed no humans) without their consent (tyranny). I just am at a loss to explain it otherwise.

We all wish Karma would hurry up and work out here and now in this life, but we may have to wait until the next...

I was thinking how can you compare drugs to medical marijuana...?

But you said it so much bettter-thanks + reps

If they are telling us the seeds, stalks, and roots (which are all legit parts of the plant) don't count, then we can't possible interpret that to mean that flower, chocolate chips, and sugar do count.

This is argument 1 for the appellate brief. Still not sure how a court will interpret this but I know darn well what LEO will do. :notfair:

There is nothing in the world that will turn the flour, sugar and flavorings used in cooking into cannabis. If there were we would be magicians instead of cooks. That is why I recommend that if you are carrying medibles that you have them tagged with the ingredients. Listed in the order of true weight. Something like each cookie has 5 grams of flour, 4 grams of sugar, 2 gms of oil and .09 grams of cannabis. At the least it shows that you are attempting to follow the law as closely as possible. Could make all the difference in the world, if it were to come to a court room...JMHO...Peace...j.b.

they shouldnt know, but you know how some people just cant help talking to much, so when asked is there any other mm in the house, they will say well does the butter. tea, brownies and cookies count?

Peace

FTW

Jim

There is nothing in the world that will turn the flour, sugar and flavorings used in cooking into cannabis. If there were we would be magicians instead of cooks. That is why I recommend that if you are carrying medibles that you have them tagged with the ingredients. Listed in the order of true weight. Something like each cookie has 5 grams of flour, 4 grams of sugar, 2 gms of oil and .09 grams of cannabis. At the least it shows that you are attempting to follow the law as closely as possible. Could make all the difference in the world, if it were to come to a court room...JMHO...Peace...j.b.

J.B

dont tell, they wont ask!

Peace

FTW

Jim

they shouldnt know, but you know how some people just cant help talking to much, so when asked is there any other mm in the house, they will say well does the butter. tea, brownies and cookies count?

That is what I am thinking. People are talking too much. Cops are not your friend if they are investigating you.

Archived