How Dispensaries Survive?

Rx-Buds

There is a huge surplus in the marketplace. I know of A legal outside secure enclosed medical facility. 15+ lbs. of premium medicine got turned into Simpson oil. A huge amount of this grow was given away. I know there are many grows just like it. This is because of the annual outside grow and the inability of the market place to absorb the surplus. Both caregivers and dispensaries are restricted by weights and measures. This creates an artificial shortage and increased cost for patients. The market needs to have several different functioning distribution models in order for it to function correctly. A quick and easy, that is completely legal, is a farmers market format.

i really like the farmers market concept of distributing overages...

cool.gif

Just wondering - I hear of all these philanthropic caregivers who produce so much top quality meds that they have to give it away and yet the dispensaries remain in business. With all that free product flooding the market, how can this be?

Any explanations?

just curious after i read this i realized...

ummm

but dont you ask this question like everyday? just in a differant forum? and or a slightly different

question? about free meds?

or am i confusion you with someone else?

peace and prayers

There is a huge surplus in the marketplace. I know of A legal outside secure enclosed medical facility. 15+ lbs. of premium medicine got turned into Simpson oil. A huge amount of this grow was given away. I know there are many grows just like it. This is because of the annual outside grow and the inability of the market place to absorb the surplus. Both caregivers and dispensaries are restricted by weights and measures. This creates an artificial shortage and increased cost for patients. The market needs to have several different functioning distribution models in order for it to function correctly. A quick and easy, that is completely legal, is a farmers market format.

420Peace BB,

Farmers Market model for me is the most pure...

Why, because it keeps the cost down for the Patient while giving the Caregiver a fair price...

BB may I suggest you change the title of your fun post 'A Little Retro Music'

Too a 'Whole Lot of Retro'...

It has been joyful to hear what is retro to our brothers and sisters...

Just wondering - I hear of all these philanthropic caregivers who produce so much top quality meds that they have to give it away and yet the dispensaries remain in business. With all that free product flooding the market, how can this be?

Any explanations?

I was told many a time do not ask a question if your afraid of the answer, this doesn't seem to be the case with you as you want to beat this horse back to life.

So here is your answer and explanation, believe it or not it fairly simple too.

The reason this is occurring is because there are folks like you pretending to be caregivers, when your only concern as you put it in another thread is to collect "top dollar".

This happens to be the second or third thread you have started or become involved in that you are bashing the practice of providing meds to patients for free... Which leads to the question of why would others giving away free meds effect you to the point you need to chase it down? Are you worried that the pro bono buds will take away from your business, that your patients may demand the same thing? Or are you trying to force everybody to take on being a caregiver as a business entity? Or worse?

As a side note your conversation in another thread shows your lack of understanding about the compassionate side of being a caregiver. Let's face it your approach is that of a street hustler, cuz after all playas will play, and haterz will hate...

Guest Happy Guy

I love Farmers Markets too. There's no reason not to put in every system that lowers cost for patients and improves market efficiency. There should be no non Michigan Grown meds in the state either(excluding brick, because that's all some patients can afford). Michigan Crops are rotting, completely unacceptable!

This 'rotting' is definitely not true. The only thing that is rotting is somebodies dirt weed. Your comment about 15 pounds being made into Simpson oil is correct. That is no big deal, it is normal. All it is would be a good grower that puts everything but his best buds into oil. That is the caregiver business as usual. We work hard and provide for low cost. We know how to store it too, it doesn't rot. The only thing rotten is this idea that real caregivers cannot provide so you need something different. Concentrate on making our caregiver system work and we will all be better off. Focus like a laser on the real prize of being self sufficient. No hand should collect money for medical cannabis that did not grow it.

It is a reality that most of our caregivers struggle to provide quality meds for patients and pay their bills. Throw on top of it the heightened risk that is felt by caregivers right now. It is not a job for those looking to get rich or sleep well at night. But it is a job that rewards you by the good you do for your brothers and sisters. It is the good work. God Bless our caregivers! Bb

Amen Brother.

I pray each and everyday that the patients will never go without and that the caregivers of our state are never in the position of having to use the law to defend providing for those patients...

The rewards are far more fulfilling than money will ever be.

Amen Brother.

I pray each and everyday that the patients will never go without and that the caregivers of our state are never in the position of having to use the law to defend providing for those patients...

The rewards are far more fulfilling than money will ever be.

Yes, individual human beings helping other individual human beings. Not some large corporations or government programs.

I trust someone that I have a personal/business relationship with much more than any larger group, as the individual knows my needs and is in the best position to help. This system can be fulfilling for patients and caregivers alike, and should continue to be a important asset for the medical cannabis community. And when combined with other outlets (as long as they don't take away the caregiver system), the dispensaries and farmers markets can help fill in the gaps for those having trouble finding a good caregiver or when meds are scarce.

More choices for patients, not less choices that would happen with corporate/government agencies and minions conspiring to monopolize this special confluence of humans and herbal remedies...

I was told many a time do not ask a question if your afraid of the answer, this doesn't seem to be the case with you as you want to beat this horse back to life.

So here is your answer and explanation, believe it or not it fairly simple too.

The reason this is occurring is because there are folks like you pretending to be caregivers, when your only concern as you put it in another thread is to collect "top dollar".

This happens to be the second or third thread you have started or become involved in that you are bashing the practice of providing meds to patients for free... Which leads to the question of why would others giving away free meds effect you to the point you need to chase it down? Are you worried that the pro bono buds will take away from your business, that your patients may demand the same thing? Or are you trying to force everybody to take on being a caregiver as a business entity? Or worse?

As a side note your conversation in another thread shows your lack of understanding about the compassionate side of being a caregiver. Let's face it your approach is that of a street hustler, cuz after all playas will play, and haterz will hate...

Rev

Love just radiates from this post of yours.

Amen to both you and the Rev. We will fight any attempted changes to the law. This is a law given by the people to the people. I will always see the Caregiver/Patient transfer as the preferable methodbut the world is not perfect. We need to make sure patients have safe access via caregivers/dispensaries/farmers markets and make sure there is always liquidity for the caregivers. We need a healthy caregiver base in order for the system to work. Please make sure every time you purchase meds that you make sure they were grown in Michigan! Michigan is hurting for jobs. There should never be a scenario where meds are imported from other states. The only exception is if there is indeed a shortage. There is a huge surplus right now. I am proud of our caregivers for not diverting. I am sorry that Michigan Grown meds are not making it to the market, because of these imports. Thanks, bb

Just for my info BB, where are the imports coming in and going where? I am just curious. So, are you talking black market or legal meds or what?

Other MMJ states into Michigan. The folks involved in this trade will eventually get to test legality. In the mean time it is just hurting caregivers/patients, by creating artificial surpluses for caregivers and shortages for patients. Michigan First! Thanks, Bb

Not just from other states in the US, much comes across the Canadian border from places like B.C.

Not just from other states in the US, much comes across the Canadian border from places like B.C.

OK, I just don't know the workings of today's marijuana comings and goings between states and Canada and Mexico, just wondering what is being done with it when it gets here, besides selling it on the black market? I mean, are dispensaries selling it or who or what?

Yes, individual human beings helping other individual human beings. Not some large corporations or government programs.

I trust someone that I have a personal/business relationship with much more than any larger group, as the individual knows my needs and is in the best position to help. This system can be fulfilling for patients and caregivers alike, and should continue to be a important asset for the medical cannabis community. And when combined with other outlets (as long as they don't take away the caregiver system), the dispensaries and farmers markets can help fill in the gaps for those having trouble finding a good caregiver or when meds are scarce.

More choices for patients, not less choices that would happen with corporate/government agencies and minions conspiring to monopolize this special confluence of humans and herbal remedies...

Amen to this!! I really enjoy your posts bisharoo..

OK, I just don't know the workings of today's marijuana comings and goings between states and Canada and Mexico, just wondering what is being done with it when it gets here, besides selling it on the black market? I mean, are dispensaries selling it or who or what?

I personally cannot state where it is going when it gets here. I also wouldn't want to make any allegations or spread misinformation about where a dispensary may or may not get their marijuana or hash.

Here is an interesting story from earlier this year...

http://www.theweedblog.com/the-ultimate-marijuana-bust/

I personally cannot state where it is going when it gets here. I also wouldn't want to make any allegations or spread misinformation about where a dispensary may or may not get their marijuana or hash.

Here is an interesting story from earlier this year...

http://www.theweedbl...marijuana-bust/

Wow, interesting article, thanks Rev. I am just trying to understand how meds from out of Michigan affect our situation here, unless it is getting to patients ahead of locally grown product. Not trying to be a pain, just not getting this picture. Don't want to speculate and give fuel to the enemies of free human beings here. But, I am missing something. Enough anyways for me at least, so thanks.

Oh well, onward and upward!!

Wow, interesting article, thanks Rev. I am just trying to understand how meds from out of Michigan affect our situation here, unless it is getting to patients ahead of locally grown product. Not trying to be a pain, just not getting this picture. Don't want to speculate and give fuel to the enemies of free human beings here. But, I am missing something. Enough anyways for me at least, so thanks.

Oh well, onward and upward!!

Brother, no worries.

Hypothetically speaking. There aren't enough registered caregivers to cover the full load of registered patients. Add in to that mix of patients those that are not registered. You got huge demand just from the mmj community.

Now look back at those registered caregivers, they are forced to keep their supply down to stay within the limits set by the law. Some do this by tailoring their grows and harvests to stay within the limits, while others choose to use overages for other purposes (oils, medibles, etc..), and still a few others will supply various distribution outlets. Anyways, there is an artificial cap put on supply because of the 2.5 ounce limit.

With the cap on supply via legal channels, various businesses that rely on marijuana to make ends meet need to have a steady and reliable supply to try and meet demand. The price they are required to pay for the imported stuff will include the risk associated with it plus transport... Then add in overhead. Now they must charge x amount for x amount just to break even. That break even price effects every conversation concerning mmj and a fair price. It influences the prices that some caregivers feel they need to charge to prevent diversion of the meds they grow.

Just a few of my personal thoughts on the matter, and remember that is all hypothetical.

Archived