20 Days From Check Cashing?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything Iv'e been reading on here talks about 20 days from when your check was cashed but I sent a money order from the post office and only have the green paper card with the stamp on it. Will this be enough?

The "green paper card" is a hard one.

I've been telling everyone from the start to use personal checks. Those are the easiest to provide proof that they cashed it.

A post office money order is difficult, compared to a personal check.

Go to the post office that you purchased the MO from and ask if you can have proof that they cashed it.

That should serve as proof for most places and purposes.

on the mmmp site it says 20 days from submittance.. dropping it in the mail to me would seem to be submitting... it says it will issue a card within 15 days and if they dont then the paper app is enough..i kept a copy of my cashed check also but the mmmp site doesnt even mentioning needed the cashed check as proof

Applications are reviewed within 15 days of receipt. Incomplete applications are denied and applicants are then notified of denial by certified and regular mail.

Complete applications, change forms and reapplications for previous denials are then processed in the date order in which they are received. If a denial letter is not received, then the application is deemed valid. The statute currently allows for a copy of the application submitted to serve as a valid registry identification if the card is not issued within 20 days of its submission to the department. At this time, we are unable to issue valid registry identification cards within the statutory time frame with the resources available to us.

deja vu converstation on thc4u.com, so here are my comments on this subject copied..

-add up the days

"© The department shall verify the information contained in an application or renewal submitted pursuant to this section, and shall approve or deny an application or renewal within 15 days of receiving it. "

"(e) The department shall issue registry identification cards within 5 days of approving an application or renewal"

15+5days=20 days. You consider your application being processed when they cash your check. Just because you mailed it in, it is not considered being processed until they cash your check. Cashing the check is pretty much the beginning of the processing of your application.

This is why you need proof your check was cashed, along with your paperwork."

when the subject continued I wrote more about 'processing and recieving' the application debate:

When they cash your check, thats a sign they opened your envelope to process your application.

In June, they received 5,000 applications. That was 150% of their processing capacity. Check the MDCH website -

- It is NOW November 15th....

"Currently staff is issuing registry identification cards for valid applications received mid-July. We continue to review and revise our processing methods in order to more efficiently process and issue the valid registry cards.

The staff is diligently working to process the applications and is having difficulty responding to all the voicemails left on the Medical Marihuana Registry phone line. We appreciate your patience and ask that applicants refrain from calling to inquire about the status of the application unless your application was submitted prior to the end of June.

So you might have submitted your application at the end of JUNE. And they are NOW PROCESSING (meaning cashing your check, calling the Doc, etc) Mid-july stuff. The end-of-July stuff, or August applications might have been recieved, but not processed.

Now, you could sent your application certified mail right? They accept it, you can consider it 'receieved' right?

Well - wrong. See, Clubs, CGs, and P2P - still require that the MDCH PROCESS your application and either accept it, or DENY it.You are waiting for a denial letter - the MDCH could deny your application because it was improperly filled out, the doctor denied it, not enough money, not enough SSD/SSI paperwork.

Now - the real problem is - what kind of fool will present a denial letter along with his paperwork to a CG or P2P? ... He will just continue to abuse his paperwork for several months eh?

The best patient/CG relationships are the ones that started from the beginning, Cg helps patient get doc's rec, Cg helps patient fill out paperwork and SENDS it in HIMSELF (certified mail) and uses HIS checking account - so he can see the check photocopy as soon as its cashed. (money orders are hard to get copies of, banks like 53rd Bank offers online viewing of front and back of cashed checks).

It is a lot of work, and it is personal. I find that Cgs that want to treat patients like customers are usually the ones that know very little about who they are dealing with.

You are in the Medical field now, you HAVE to know your patients. You don't need an official title to be a serious medical marijuana practitioner.

Know Thy Patient..

-DN

Applications are reviewed within 15 days of receipt. Incomplete applications are denied and applicants are then notified of denial by certified and regular mail.

This is not happening as the MDCH is overwhelmed, they are NOT reviewing applications within 15 days of reciept.

read on the governmental double speak on the MDCH site:

"Currently staff is issuing registry identification cards for valid applications received in early August. (note: it is NOVEMBER NOW!) We continue to review and revise our processing methods in order to more efficiently process and issue the valid registry cards.

The staff is diligently working to process the applications and is having difficulty responding to all the voicemails left on the Medical Marihuana Registry phone line. We appreciate your patience and ask that applicants refrain from calling to inquire about the status of the application unless your application was submitted prior to the end of July.

So, if you submitted your application in SEPTEMBER - don't bother calling them to ask where your card is - they haven't even gotten to that pile of mail yet.

Its November, they are 'processing' stuff submitted back in JULY, and they haven't sent DENIAL letters on people who submitted applications in AUGUST yet. SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER and the recent half of NOVEMBER remains in a mail sack until the MDCH gets to it...

The whole point is, not when you mailed it, but when the MDCH actually cashes your check - its considered evidence that they are actually handling your paperwork. So - we count the 15+5 days (they are required to issue a card, but read below)

"(b) If the department fails to issue a valid registry identification card in response to a valid application or renewal submitted pursuant to this act within 20 days of its submission, the registry identification card shall be deemed granted, and a copy of the registry identification application or renewal shall be deemed a valid registry identification card."

submission in this case means "check cashed, application being processed" - not to be confused with 'mailed it in to MDCH'.

---

-DN

Tax filings are considered submitted at the moment you hand the envelope to the post office.

It works for the IRS so it works for me.

Reliance on the cashed check insures both that you did indeed submit and that they received the application.

This eliminates any possibility of the state trying to claim they never received the application.

Days could clearly be counted from the moment that someone places the application into the mail.

It is for safety reasons that people are urged to count from the date the check is cashed. That would be the very last moment that submission could be questioned from any standpoint at all.

There is zero question at that point. You submitted and they received. Period.

you can go to the post office and for a fee of $5 you can fill out an inquiry form..take your money order receipt and fill out the info,the post office will then send it out,that takes seven days to get put into the computer and if it has been cashed or when it is cashed, they will send a front and back copy of it to you in the mail..that will be your proof that the MDCH has your money....it took eight days for me to get a copy of my postal money! and it turns out they cashed mine two days after i sent it and i did not send it certified,( i do not recommend that!)i hope this helps..most of the postal workers i talked to have no clue..if you run into a problem feel free to pm me and i will have my wife find the # we called.....good luck my friend!!

says app are reviewed within 15 days..if approved your card is processed in the order its received.

Complete applications, change forms and reapplications for previous denials are then processed in the date order in which they are received. If a denial letter is not received, then the application is deemed valid. The statute currently allows for a copy of the application submitted to serve as a valid registry identification if the card is not issued within 20 days of its submission to the department. At this time, we are unable to issue valid registry identification cards within the statutory time frame with the resources

seems there process is get app review it being complete, cash check ,approve it then put it in the file to have the actual card mailed ...so if within 20 days you dont receive a denial letter u can assume approved..thats my take on it

BiggTimm, Good reply on point re procuring proof your postal money order was cashed.

But rude out there words in your avatar that I do not appreciate as it does not seem to be a joke. "Trespassers will be shot; survivors will be shot again." HUH???

You have that much threat aimed at you?

To answer your question, here is the quote from the MDCH website...

Question: Do I need to keep a copy of my application and any other information I send to the MMMP?

Answer: Yes. If your application has not yet been approved, denied or terminated you may provide law enforcement with a copy of your written documentation submitted to the department; you must also submit proof of the date of mailing or other transmission of the documentation. This documentation shall have the same legal effect as a registry identification card, until such time as you receive your card or you have received notification that your application has been approved, denied or terminated.

Notice they say nothing about the check or date the check was cashed. Your proof of mailing and the stamp that shows they received it, is what is important, at least in terms of the law.

The entire cashed check thing was a way folks came up with to "double check" whether or not it was mailed or not. As folks figured that people would not go through the hassle of canceling a check, just to fake their paperwork. One might also note that just because a check has been cashed does not mean that there isn't a denial letter that was sent from MDCH.

For the record, here are the current numbers on applications, registrations, denials, and where they are in the stack of them...

Program Status Update (11/12/2010):

Program Statistics:

* 75,121 original and renewal applications received since April 6, 2009.

* 41,123 patient registrations issued.

* The number of caregivers will be posted as soon as an accurate number can be obtained.

* 8,774 applications denied -- most due to incomplete application or missing documentation.

* Applications are reviewed within 15 days of receipt. Incomplete applications are denied and applicants are then notified of denial by certified and regular mail.

Currently staff is issuing registry identification cards for valid applications received in early August.

This is not happening as the MDCH is overwhelmed, they are NOT reviewing applications within 15 days of reciept.

read on the governmental double speak on the MDCH site:

"Currently staff is issuing registry identification cards for valid applications received in early August. (note: it is NOVEMBER NOW!) We continue to review and revise our processing methods in order to more efficiently process and issue the valid registry cards.

The staff is diligently working to process the applications and is having difficulty responding to all the voicemails left on the Medical Marihuana Registry phone line. We appreciate your patience and ask that applicants refrain from calling to inquire about the status of the application unless your application was submitted prior to the end of July.

So, if you submitted your application in SEPTEMBER - don't bother calling them to ask where your card is - they haven't even gotten to that pile of mail yet.

Its November, they are 'processing' stuff submitted back in JULY, and they haven't sent DENIAL letters on people who submitted applications in AUGUST yet. SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER and the recent half of NOVEMBER remains in a mail sack until the MDCH gets to it...

The whole point is, not when you mailed it, but when the MDCH actually cashes your check - its considered evidence that they are actually handling your paperwork. So - we count the 15+5 days (they are required to issue a card, but read below)

"(b) If the department fails to issue a valid registry identification card in response to a valid application or renewal submitted pursuant to this act within 20 days of its submission, the registry identification card shall be deemed granted, and a copy of the registry identification application or renewal shall be deemed a valid registry identification card."

submission in this case means "check cashed, application being processed" - not to be confused with 'mailed it in to MDCH'.

---

-DN

Oh they cash the checks nice and early, regardless of where they are in the pile. Trust me denial letters are being sent out within the statutory time frame, I have seen them. MDCH says that proof of mailing and or other transmission method is proof of submission, it has nothing to do with the check. So your final statement is inaccurate. The 20 days from the check being cashed is something we as a community started using for a safety net, not MDCH, and not LEO.

Oh they cash the checks nice and early, regardless of where they are in the pile. Trust me denial letters are being sent out within the statutory time frame, I have seen them. MDCH says that proof of mailing and or other transmission method is proof of submission, it has nothing to do with the check. So your final statement is inaccurate. The 20 days from the check being cashed is something we as a community started using for a safety net, not MDCH, and not LEO.

The check is a safety net that shows proof that the application has been submitted.

"check cashed date" is not in the law. It is, however, very strong evidence that they did indeed receive your application.

The check is a safety net that shows proof that the application has been submitted.

"check cashed date" is not in the law. It is, however, very strong evidence that they did indeed receive your application.

So is the happy little stamp and signature one gets when it is received. ;) I agree that the check is a nice little safety net, however it is not required proof, and LEO is not accepting them as proof of transmission. That being said, I would not want to be handing a copy of a cashed check to leo, or anybody else, I kind of enjoy keeping my account information private. ;)

So is the happy little stamp and signature one gets when it is received. ;) I agree that the check is a nice little safety net, however it is not required proof, and LEO is not accepting them as proof of transmission. That being said, I would not want to be handing a copy of a cashed check to leo, or anybody else, I kind of enjoy keeping my account information private. ;)

Some leo won't accept paper at all.

What leo accepts does not form the written law. What some local leo is willing to accept as proof will vary also. That willingness is not the weight of law.

Some leo won't accept paper at all.

What leo accepts does not form the written law. What some local leo is willing to accept as proof will vary also. That willingness is not the weight of law.

We are in agreement on that. What I am suggesting is contained within the law however, section 9(b) to be exact. One might note that the law doesn't even require proof of submission, however the rules of MDCH do.

By the way, happy belated birthday.

BiggTimm, Good reply on point re procuring proof your postal money order was cashed.

But rude out there words in your avatar that I do not appreciate as it does not seem to be a joke. "Trespassers will be shot; survivors will be shot again." HUH???

You have that much threat aimed at you?

are you kidding me?.....it is not meant to be a joke!!! i have the right to bear arms,freedom of speech and to protect my family..i have no threat to me and wont ..i was raised to shoot first and ask questions later...if it would make you feel better as a person, i might consider changing my avatar to a fairy or cute little puppy! but i highly doubt it! please have a wonderful day pic book and thanks for concern....god bless

are you kidding me?.....it is not meant to be a joke!!! i have the right to bear arms,freedom of speech and to protect my family..i have no threat to me and wont ..i was raised to shoot first and ask questions later...if it would make you feel better as a person, i might consider changing my avatar to a fairy or cute little puppy! but i highly doubt it! please have a wonderful day pic book and thanks for concern....god bless

Hehe, I was gonna say there shouldn't be any survivors after the first time being shot. ;) Have a great day

Everything Iv'e been reading on here talks about 20 days from when your check was cashed but I sent a money order from the post office and only have the green paper card with the stamp on it. Will this be enough?

All you have to do is go to the website of the money order you made, and put in your id number on the money order along with the filer name EXACTLY as it appears on the money order. They will track it and show you where your money order is at. This is true for Western Union and most others.

All you have to do is go to the website of the money order you made, and put in your id number on the money order along with the filer name EXACTLY as it appears on the money order. They will track it and show you where your money order is at. This is true for Western Union and most others.

postal money orders are different,(no online tracking, nothing,you have to pay a fee and wait seven days, it's all about money!) it would be nice if they had the same standards as western union or a money order from a bank. i had to go through all the B.S and will never use a postal money order again!

I guess what I'm really wondering is, is it going to be enough to go to CC's...

a lot of cc have open meetings for the general public to attend, and most of them also have a membership and closed meetings,

you will need the proof of cashing for closed meetings..what area are you in? lots of good people around here can help point you to a meeting.and answer questions about their club. hope this helps, good luck my friend

Archived