Spider Mites

jimmy

I am a new caregiver and because of my inexperience I have just discovered Spider Mites on my Veg&Flower sides of the room. I have been told that you should not spray anything on the plants in flower but ther is a product called SNS 217 that will kill the mites and larva on the veg side. Has anyone used this product? I was told that it's all natural and can be sprayed all over the plants as long as they are not in flower. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I had mites and i went this route, live predators for both sides, takes a couple weeks to see the change but there gone for sure.

There totally organic, and they die off went the mites are gone, they starve out. If you continue to have am mite problem they will continue to reproduce and kill the mites. I highly recommend them, you need three types, just read and pick the best for your grow room.

http://www.benemite.com/

I used 3 products in rotation to kill off all the mites I had this past summer:

1. Mite-Rid
  2. Hot Shot No Pest strips
  3. Azamax

I wasn't quite as lucky as Tarzan, and the mites came back after I used Mite-Rid.  I switched to the no pest strips, and they killed off everything left.  Azamax was the third treatment, sort of just in case there were some mites left that I couldn't find.

Next time I think I'll try predator mites, or a CO2 overdose if I'm running CO2 by then.

Safers house plant spray take the plants out into your garage if possible let the cold weather weaken the mites then place a hot shot no pest strip in your grow area that is affected my infection of mites was so bad it looked like there was a pattern on my plants leaves after doing the above tasks my black queens all lived and yielded a bountiful harvest.

I have them as we speak and am running Azamax 2oz:4gal added to my usual general hydroponic 3 part nutes. This is in 2 ten gal bubbletotes. The next day I go to check the PH and its THRU THE ROOF! I was using a ton of PH down to get it back to 6 too! :blink:

There are so many mites in there right now though! Webs at the tops of 2 untreated girls (ready to come down and clear out) but the ones on the 2 new girls so far are dwindling off! :thumbsu:

Anyone know if it's normal for Azamax used systemically to coagulate around the roots and the white foam to turn to big curds?? :sick: yuck!

If you use Hot Shots remember this is poison! Probably no effect on plants. I use it with a tent and I make sure that I evacuate the air to the outside. If you do not have the means to do this I would not use it. Read the cautions on the package and you will understand why. Its bad to breath! Also you will need to combine this with a spray that kills eggs.

Add Captain Jacks Dead bug to the list of organic sprays.

I used 3 products in rotation to kill off all the mites I had this past summer:

1. Mite-Rid
  2. Hot Shot No Pest strips
  3. Azamax

I wasn't quite as lucky as Tarzan, and the mites came back after I used Mite-Rid.  I switched to the no pest strips, and they killed off everything left.  Azamax was the third treatment, sort of just in case there were some mites left that I couldn't find.

Next time I think I'll try predator mites, or a CO2 overdose if I'm running CO2 by then.

perfect advice. 3 prong attack spaced out a week apart and no more mites. keep the NPS in grow area (NOT BLOOM) and you won't see a mite again!!

I am a new caregiver and because of my inexperience I have just discovered Spider Mites on my Veg&Flower sides of the room. I have been told that you should not spray anything on the plants in flower but ther is a product called SNS 217 that will kill the mites and larva on the veg side. Has anyone used this product? I was told that it's all natural and can be sprayed all over the plants as long as they are not in flower. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have used SNS 217 before and was PLEASED with results... Regardless of my SNS 217 endorsement, if ya have these critters you should rotate any mite application until there gone or under control.... AND always tell folks there has been a mite issue if you trade clones... Giving bugs to another grower is bad karma. :thumbsd:

For the 15 years I have been growing "plants" I have never had an issue with these critters.... Until I traded some clones. The main reason "I" believe I have been mite free for so long is most likely due to fact that I NEVER picked up any cuttings/clones from another source. All my plants were grown from seed, the next time I pick up ANY plant material from another grower they will be QUARANTINED for at least a month.

Remember trust only goes so far... AND due to the fact "I" trusted another source via their cuttings I brought home the dreaded SPIDER MITES.

SO THAT BEING SAID... THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR IS TO DIP/SPRAY QUARANTINE ANY NEW PLANT MATERIAL YOU RECEIVE... EVEN IF IT'S "LABELED" AS BEING DISEASE AND PEST FREE.

If you get the MITES rotate your spray/dip applications and remove all leaves which are not necessary to keep the plant alive. Carefully inspect plant and manually remove any signs of mites. Make sure your plants get a soaking and EVERY BIT of the plant gets wet/application. Ya really have to inspect carefully on a daily basis if ya want to keep them plants mite free. Once you know their hanging around your grow area/room it could take a few months (or more) to totally get rid of them.

***Mites can be picky and do prefer some strain over others***

Some strains are more forgiving with battling these suckers. Lowering your grow room/area temperatures along with WET/humid air will also make the MITES not happy and less effective/reproductive in their nasty habits.

Luckily in my case my plants were small and I was able to control and hopefully eliminate the mites for good. Honestly, I think if I had a mite problem with larger plants I would kill them and carefully clean and decontaminate the grow room/area.

BUT, if your plants are smaller--- I do think you can control and get rid of them with daily monitoring. Rotate your sprays/dips and follow directions listed for applications. The SNS 217 does work well and I would use it again if the mites were to came back :growl: . It has a strong smell of rosemary (if memory serves me right) and will not burn your leaves if applied correctly.

:skydive:

If you use Hot Shots remember this is poison!

I have had them in my grow area 10 feet from where i spend most of my day in my finished basement for the last 15 months and get total blood cultures every 90 days with zero ill effects unless your licking it like a lolipop you will be fine. :thumbsu:

I have had them in my grow area 10 feet from where i spend most of my day in my finished basement for the last 15 months and get total blood cultures every 90 days with zero ill effects unless your licking it like a lolipop you will be fine. :thumbsu:

I remember you saying that before, Kingdiamond.  They do still make me nervous, since they're the closest thing to a poison I've had to use yet.  Reading the directions,  though, I did see that it's approved for use in food kitchens, and other places where people may typically work an 8 hour shift.

Kill Spider mites,Aphids and most small insects on contact ORGANICALLY without harming the flower or plants! see video of "how to" kill spider mites on contact at www.icannabis.com DRAGON JUICE® PLANT SPRAY Daily for best results. use an organic foliar plant spray conditioner for spider mites and most small insects on contact. 100% guaranteed and all ORGANIC 0-0-0 (NPK) order online at www.cmtshopping.com

post-19279-0-43446600-1290810962_thumb.jpg

post-19279-0-47426700-1290810972_thumb.jpg

I remember you saying that before, Kingdiamond.  They do still make me nervous, since they're the closest thing to a poison I've had to use yet.  Reading the directions,  though, I did see that it's approved for use in food kitchens, and other places where people may typically work an 8 hour shift.

Exactly the fear factor was put in place on this website from the organic crowd while i agree with them that no pesticides should be sprayed directly on the plants these are ambiant and i get very detailed blood cultures done and 15 months later still no odd results. :thumbsu:

I had Mites Badly ... webs at the tops

They were in my Veg Room and in my Bloom Room

I used " MIT-RID "

http://mite-rid.com/index.shtml

After two application , All Mites are Completely Gone .... :thumbsu:

and No signs of them returning ... Thank God

Did Not Hurt any of my Girls ...

This is by far the best thing on the market and it will not hurt your plants in bloom.

Try Lady Bugs.... they will eat all the spider mites and their eggs. They will not hurt your plants either. You will see results within a week.

cheers! :rolleyes:

In My Home ?

YUKE .... :unsure:

I would of needed 10,000 lady bugs in my Grow Room and Veg Room ...

It would of been pretty Rough ... Probly Ok outside :thumbsu:

• 3 weeks later...

Try Lady Bugs.... they will eat all the spider mites and their eggs. They will not hurt your plants either. You will see results within a week.

cheers! :rolleyes:

have used lady bugs too and yes, a week and problem was wiped out completely and did not come back, if end up with mites again will be tempted to try chems just to rid the problem faster, in 3 days with shots of a couple different chems. Mites are so annoying.

Archived