Dr Geenthumbs "Big Purps" Grow Journal

Dr Gruber

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another greenthumb dud by the looks of it

most of the guys who post here have grown out plenty of Dr Greenthumb gear and know how leet his gear is. Ive searched and searched the internet looking for a failed Dr Greenthumb grow from an experienced grower..and i still cant find one. When i read your comment i think i felt more embarrassed for you then anything else. Instead of being negative why not order some seeds and join us with your own grow log and see for your self, we would be more then happy to help u with your grow =)

sorry for taking your thread off course Dr Gruber..your the man !!!!

Peace Lilman

most of the guys who post here have grown out plenty of Dr Greenthumb gear and know how leet his gear is. Ive searched and searched the internet looking for a failed Dr Greenthumb grow from an experienced grower..and i still cant find one. When i read your comment i think i felt more embarrassed for you then anything else. Instead of being negative why not order some seeds and join us with your own grow log and see for your self, we would be more then happy to help u with your grow =)

sorry for taking your thread off course Dr Gruber..your the man !!!!

Peace Lilman

i was confused by that statement..thought it was a but rude. But I think Greenman has grown out Docs stuff and likes it so now im even more confused.

Oh, thanks for the Kinds words Lilman!!!!!

Very nice job, as usual, Dr. Gruber. Most people don't realize that most of the photos on our website are customer submitted; any chance I can get some of these photos from you for use on the site? Can't wait for your smoke report. Big Purps is a gem that many people overlook because it's not yet feminized

Very nice job, as usual, Dr. Gruber. Most people don't realize that most of the photos on our website are customer submitted; any chance I can get some of these photos from you for use on the site? Can't wait for your smoke report. Big Purps is a gem that many people overlook because it's not yet feminized

Thanks Doc!

I would love to get you some photos...will these ones do? i have access to a better camera (more pixels) so i can get some better shots for you. You arent kidding about the Purps...very different stone and the taste is fantastic. Waiting for it to cure so i can nail down the taste...it has a few different flavors going on...a bit of skunk and pine with some fruit flavor in there as well. Its a great smoke for when you need to get something done...very uplifting with just a bit of the body stone mixed in.

Thanks for clueing me into this strain Doc....very impressed.

Thanks Doc!

I would love to get you some photos...will these ones do? i have access to a better camera (more pixels) so i can get some better shots for you. You arent kidding about the Purps...very different stone and the taste is fantastic. Waiting for it to cure so i can nail down the taste...it has a few different flavors going on...a bit of skunk and pine with some fruit flavor in there as well. Its a great smoke for when you need to get something done...very uplifting with just a bit of the body stone mixed in.

Thanks for clueing me into this strain Doc....very impressed.

Yes, I always characterized Big Purps/Kashmir as being "ZIPPY" as in speedy but in a good way and the taste, to me is very much like sweet grapes. It is a much overlooked plant because it is not feminized but well worth the trip IMO

After a few samples, Doc is right on the money again. Its very "Zippy" kind of like speed but with out the jitters and then it mellows out and a small couchlock settles in. Taste is like grapes and hash.

Im waiting on the cure for the flavors to mingle and i will get the detailed smoke report out.

• 2 weeks later...

SMOKE REPORT—Big Purps

Final Weight---7.26 oz’s

Plant #1----3.86 oz’s

Plant #2----3.40 oz’s

Smoke Report (3 week dry and cure)

INFO-

Tester Name:

Dr Gruber, Assisted by Dr Sharpe and friends.

Strain:

Doc Greenthumb-- Big Purps.

Breeder:

Greenthumb Seeds

http://www.drgreenthumb.com/

Grower:

Dr Gruber

Method Smoked:

Joints, glass pipes.

Soil/Hydro:

Soil

Picture of Product:

gallery_13816_496_1167350.jpg

gallery_13816_496_894270.jpg

SMELL-

Hash- Grape

Dominant smell of bud:

When I open the jar and just smell the buds it kind of has a poop smell to it. It sounds strange but it’s a “good” poop smell. When you break open a bud it smells like grapes and hash with a bit of sweet skunk in the mix also.

Associated smells of bud:

Earthy

TASTE-

Hashy/Fruity Grape

Dominant flavor:

Old school hash-grapes

Associated flavors:

-sweet skunk

Harsh/smoothness: (1-10, 1 being extremely harsh and 10 being extremely smooth) --

- Cough factor? : Yes/no ---

Both

BUZZ-

When I first read about this strain and that it had a smooth “Speed” like buzz, I was very skeptical about any pot having that effect. But after a lot of testing from a number of patients the verdict is in and Doc is right again. You can almost feel it right away, a very zippy but smooth buzz which lasts a couple hours and then tapers down fairly quickly and changes into a mellow body buzz that makes me sleepy. At first the buzz can leave some mental confusion and you can quickly forget what you were doing. But, after awhile it clears up and I like to get on some tasks and focus on them until they are done, which is easy with this one because you almost get OCD on it. My helpers did not report the sleepy feeling that I got, so it may just be me.

Of course it all depends on your tolerance…individual results may vary.

Profile—

Potency: (1-10, 1 being extremely weak and 10 being extremely potent)

Duration: (approx length of buzz, from first hit)

3-5 hrs

2 hrs of speedy buzz

3 hrs of mellow body buzz

Use: Daytime/Bedtime --Anytime

Munchies: Yes/no----

Yes.

Comments- This is a very interesting plant with a very interesting buzz and taste. As far as taste and smell go this is one of my Favorites of the Greenthumb selections. The buzz is very different then any I’ve had before and it hits harder then I had expected. One of my favorite things about this one is the bouquet it leaves in a room after you smoke it. If you leave the room for a few minutes and return the smell is like old school spicy hash, which kind of reminds me of Malawi Gold bud. You can also really taste that same flavor on the exhale…very yummy!

Although I've never done a SOG style grow I would think this would be perfect for that with its tendency to grow a huge main cola.

-----------------------------------------------------

CHEMICAL ASTRINGENT-

Turpentine ()

Metallic ()

Ammonia ( ) - urine () - vinegar ( )

Bleach ()

Lotions () - plastics ( ) - glues ( )

Fuel ()

Rubber ()

SWEET-

fruity () - berry () - black/blue/raspberry () citrus () - orange () - lemon ( ) - lime () - apple () - mango () - grape (x) - cherry () - tutty fruity ()

floral () - perfume () - blossom ()

minty () - menthol () - spearmint () - peppermint ()

SPICY-

woody ( ) - incense (x) - hardwood ( ) - sage ( ) - juniper ( ) - cedar () - pine (x)

basil ( ) - garlic ( ) - dill ( ) - clove () - parsley () - pepper ()

tobacco () - chocolate ()

MUSKY-

earthy () - loam () - dirt () - musty () - dusty () – Alberta spruce ()

animal () - bird () - rodent () - gamey () – sweet skunk (x) Skunk ( )

botanical () - hay () - autumn leaves ( ) - trees ()

Final Comments-

Medical qualities: Good for: Depression. Slow release pain med.

Peace- Dr Gruber

I've a purp cross I've been work on thats crossed with purple head knocker and white widow, then crossed back with my mama purp. Purp is a great indoor strain as she's very short and stocky and colors early in bloom. Very frosty plant and very yummy.My cross(purple lights) tastes just like grape with that hint of skunk after taste. Got some that just broke surface and look about like yours. Mine stay super short and stack leafs at about a 1/4" so yours prolly will too. Yer gonna like this strain and hope ya get one that turns purple. Not all will and most prolly wont so look for the ones that turn color first as those are your best chance. Mine turn 30 days into bloom.

sounds delightful

<br />DG,<br />What is your opinion on Big Purps vs. your C-99's effects? Different sides of the species with an upper motivational effect.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

The difference in high is that with the Big Purps you kind of crash at the end and get sleepy. The Cindy i can smoke all day and never burnout. They both have the uplifting effect, the cindy seemd more trippy and the Purps hits harder and makes you a bit confused at first. The taste of the Purps is fantastic in a joint or pipe and the cindy is unbeatable in the vape. Hope that answers your question.

• 4 months later...