State Should Set Up Dispensary System...

Could he still help patients using the registration system and not sell at a store? You make it sound like the two things are mutually dependant. Gotta have a store to help patients?

right - if you want lower prices for meds - why have the overhead of a 'shop'? A Clubhouse pays for its rent by dues, membership, and events like the Harvestfest. In this case - no overhead cost for building rent needs to be added to the price of the med. Plus we get members to chip in and help, volunteer, and we train mentors for free. Members deserve the special prices for meds as they contribute to the club, dues and volunteering.

-DN

My friend, I have assembled proof that their ordinance is illegal when it comes to the registration of caregivers. I intend to let them know that if they should pass this ordinance as is, they will be guilty of criminal acts. My position on this has been affirmed by the AG of the state of Michigan and the law itself. Please everyone plan to attend at 7:00pm at the BC courthouse Room 301 on Tuesday! Thanks, Bb

i'll be there...God willing

mizermzn....looking forward to meeting you

i am certain we have much more in common than you may realize.

peace bro

Guest Happy Guy

Let me try to be clear - some sort of 'dispensary system' is needed, I favor a localized, private, discreet club - where members coop together to provide meds for the members. This is how you'll get the best prices, this is how you'll help patients and growers of a local area.

A dispensary - a storefront that buys meds from anyone, and sells to anyone that comes in with a MMMP card or paperwork, and is only interested in that 2 minute converstation at the cash register - is not in the vision. Why copy California and CO? Why not create something BETTER? We can build a system that is controlled by people not governments and corporations, that benefits the people - not governments and corporations.

Why not - aim for the best dream - patients helping patients, people like us get meds and some money for once.

-DN

Saying 'some sort' is a cop out. We need to be very specific when it's something that can eat your lunch in one fell swoop. We don't need 'some sort', we need a well defined entity that we have a solid handle on, or none. We don't want to end up like Arizona ala Kuipers. When you say you want a state run dispensary system you will get what Kuipers is cooking. It's all wrapped up with a pretty bow for us to open.

Saying 'some sort' is a cop out. We need to be very specific when it's something that can eat your lunch in one fell swoop. We don't need 'some sort', we need a well defined entity that we have a solid handle on, or none. We don't want to end up like Arizona ala Kuipers. When you say you want a state run dispensary system you will get what Kuipers is cooking. It's all wrapped up with a pretty bow for us to open.

Be clear friend.

"some sort' is a reference to 'we need to come up with a plan'. Weather its a dispensary - 'of some sort' - WE ARE THE ONES who should create it right - not governments not businessmen.

Like you said earlier - we have reached another level in the Michigan Medical Marijuana debate for 2011 - What will be an acceptable distribution plan for patients with no CG, no grow, or even a place to begin.

If one has to ask "What are you doing to make it work?" All you have to do is ask nicely, and I will even show you it working in action. I am willing to teach those serious about learning and helping others, I just can't see safety and security by writing it in a public forum like this. I am willing to speak of it in public - at any club, not just MOCC. Don't take my word for it, check it out.. <_<

Anyone can PM me.

-DN

The answer is EDUCATION

If the state had a site of resources to educate the patients and caregivers and a vehicle to connect pt and cg this would help patients and non pt citizens alike

confusion and misunderstanding are the enemy

education

we are All brothers here

This law was written for patients.

Patients need access to their medication of choice from ANY source they choose.

After dealing with liars, cheats, and nuts...the patient/caregiver system is NOT for me or my wife.

We'll continue to acquire from any source we choose when we can.

I applaud everyone who has opened up a dispensary.

Mizerman

After dealing with liars, cheats, and nuts...the patient/caregiver system is NOT for me or my wife.

Mizerman

i am happy for you...you know a disp owner who cuts you a deal as you posted previously in another thread.

easy to jump on board when you meds are discounted...what about the rest of us

you are most definitely the center of the universe

i applaude them to...takes big nads....like opening a whore house at the Vatican

standing by for further threats

Guest Happy Guy

Mizerman

This thread was started with the suggestion that we should have state run dispensaries here in Michigan. Do you understand what state run dispensaries are now? Are you still an advocate of them? If so, which model?

And to be fair you could actually find just as many liars, cheats, and nuts... running dispensaries. There's no test to open one. LOL

i am happy for you...you know a disp owner who cuts you a deal as you posted previously in another thread.

easy to jump on board when you meds are reduced...what about the rest of us

you are most definitely the center of the universe

i applaude them to...takes big nads....like opening a whore house at the Vatican

standing by for further threats

That would be impossible. The Vatican is the biggest whore on the planet.

You don't threaten me - nor does Happy Guy or Soundless a.k.a. Digital Nomad.

Michael Komorn wrote a great article.

Why don't you get some of your psycho babble published in a newspaper?

Until then.....

ROTFLMAO at you and these other dweebs!

Mizerman

That would be impossible. The Vatican is the biggest whore on the planet.

You don't threaten me - nor does Happy Guy or Soundless a.k.a. Digital Nomad.

Until then.....

Mizerman

I never threaten you - you threatened me, I defended myself. You are the one that wants to reveal emails, the one that wanted to use violence any time we meet, and a even a hint that you'll abuse your CCW use to assault me. All this because you are angry at others, because I never did anything wrong. I sense this is over my lack of support for dispensaries. Everyone is allowed to defend themselves, and differences should be stated once and move on. Lies and personal jabs is just the fight playing on.

I remember when we were at the Hashbash (I wrote about it here, its posted) about our trip. I remember I lit up a joint in the MSU Diag for Disobedience - and passed it to you.

Your writing is hurting your own image, and I am sure your wife would be embarassed at your writing here.

We can agree to disagree and move on, or you can continue.

-DN

This thread was started with the suggestion that we should have state run dispensaries here in Michigan. Do you understand what state run dispensaries are now? Are you still an advocate of them? If so, which model?

And to be fair you could actually find just as many liars, cheats, and nuts... running dispensaries. There's no test to open one. LOL

Woah!!!!

There is a difference between state run and state regulated.

The state isn't going to sell marijuana. If there is a law that is passed that grants the ability of the state to sell marijuana to patients, it will never be implemented. No one would get one single gram from the state. Even if such a law were passed.

State licensed and regulated is another story.

Guest Happy Guy

Woah!!!!

There is a difference between state run and state regulated.

The state isn't going to sell marijuana. If there is a law that is passed that grants the ability of the state to sell marijuana to patients, it will never be implemented. No one would get one single gram from the state. Even if such a law were passed.

State licensed and regulated is another story.

Same, same. Arizona is state regulated. Which model of a state run/regulated dispensary do you support? Kuiper's or Arizona? Do you like Rhode Island or New Jersey? Take your pick and lets play it out. They all are bad from my point of view. Maybe you can show me why they would fit better in Michigan.

Same, same. Arizona is state regulated. Which model of a state run/regulated dispensary do you support? Kuiper's or Arizona? Do you like Rhode Island or New Jersey? Take your pick and lets play it out. They all are bad from my point of view. Maybe you can show me why they would fit better in Michigan.

Dispensaries are already legal.

So I guess that I oppose any new regulations about them.

Would that make you happy?

I never threaten you - you threatened me, I defended myself. You are the one that wants to reveal emails, the one that wanted to use violence any time we meet, and a even a hint that you'll abuse your CCW use to assault me. All this because you are angry at others, because I never did anything wrong. I sense this is over my lack of support for dispensaries. Everyone is allowed to defend themselves, and differences should be stated once and move on. Lies and personal jabs is just the fight playing on.

I remember when we were at the Hashbash (I wrote about it here, its posted) about our trip. I remember I lit up a joint in the MSU Diag for Disobedience - and passed it to you.

Your writing is hurting your own image, and I am sure your wife would be embarassed at your writing here.

We can agree to disagree and move on, or you can continue.

-DN

Keep it up Soundless.

Dojo?

LMAO!

Why don't you ask my wife? She thinks you are a punk as well.

Mizerman

p.s. I'm not afraid of you - that's quite the joke. I might have had three neck operations, but I also sparred with Randall "Tex" Cobb for a period of 6 months and some little dweeb like you would be a treasure. Toby Keith said it best, "I'm as good once as I ever was..." Bring it

Keep it up Soundless.

Dojo?

LMAO!

Why don't you ask my wife? She thinks you are a punk as well.

Mizerman

p.s. I'm not afraid of you - that's quite the joke. I might have had three neck operations, but I also sparred with Randall "Tex" Cobb for a period of 6 months and some little dweeb like you would be a treasure. Toby Keith said it best, "I'm as good once as I ever was..." Bring it

sir..respectfully

i am a short timer and to old for threats to be effective. the big c gonna get me fore you do anyway. either way the pain will end.

you do yourself and those you represent a disservice with your impotent rhetoric

i do not know your condition but am definitely praying for you

i hope you find peace in your heart someday soon.

sincerely

peace

Until then.....

Mizerman

sir

Mr Kormon indicated he was asked to write an opinion. .

I respect Mr Kormon but lest we forget an attorney will argue either side as long as they are compensated.

to your credit Mr Kormon your piece was well written but did not convey a true conviction. thats a good thing

keep up the Good Work fight the Good Fight

Thank You

I oppose any ordinance that would allow a (edit "D" word) to grow unless the owner is a patient or caregiver.

Absolutely. The current laws would make anything else illegal.

A Safe Access Center, whether the endeavor is distribution, preparation, cultivation, or anything to do with marijuana, can not go outside of the already broad rules of the MMMA. Therefore, a Safe Access Center must can only allow patients and caregivers to touch (or even have access to) marijuana. Nothing can take place without them.

The idea is not create new laws, but rather to establish entities that operate within the law’s framework, as well as its intentions.

So, when someone asks for a zoning permit or proposes as ordinance to grow or distribute marijuana, it is assumed that such a facility will be in compliance with state law. Otherwise, the proposal itself would be illegal anyhow, trying to assert that the county has priority over the state. We already won at the state level....

Likewise, if the proposal were to try to limit the powers of the MMMA of 2008, it would be unconstitutional.

I suppose if someone wanted to be specific, they could add "no activity allowed that contradicts Michigan state law".... That would sum it up, no?

it saddens me to see others attacking each other in this community. you look at your screen and everyone, it would seem, is healthy and in normal health. some are here just using mj for migraines or something "simple" and non-life threatening, others are here with terminal cancer or other disease process which is going to shorten their life. while that doesn't give them the right to be an azz, their type of situation is why this drug is legal in michigan. had it not been for the terminal processes, this act more than likely would not have had the support to get approved that it needed

also, this is just a morph of one of the first disputed topics since this site was created - the pricing game. this topic will probably be one of the last argued topics, as well, going on until the end.

people will only pay what they can pay. if they find it cheaper, they will buy it elsewhere. however, for some, disp.'s are the only viable option. they may have not belonged to the the mj subculture and all their friends grow or use it. some cannot afford to risk their jobs, houses and families by growing their own; they may have no one to grow for them. for some it may be simply worth it to purchase it for more than they can grow it for, for whatever reason.

regardless.... people are using the dispensaries, or they would not be there, whether you agree with the idea of dispensaries, or not. i think we're all aware of what state-run programs do to things like the mmj act.

however you feel about dispensaries, remember we are all people, and some may not have perfect health, some may even die today. a little respect would be nice, and i don't just mean a thinly veiled respect.

The question of growing your own is answered in my mind. If you grow for yourself, it is on you to know what you are doing. The people that do not have time, space, talent or ability must rely on caregivers. If you need to buy from a dispensary or from someone that doesn't know what they are doing you take chances. The quality is random from here to there, but my main concern is what might be in the medicine. Is the medicine grown with chemical,natural methods,or do you know? If someone is using dangerous chemicals to grow, who tests the medicine? I know the expense would be great to test every grower and each plant. There is not a foolproof way to insure safety. In other options such as growing yourself, you are responsible for those patients you care for. The dispensary supply is still questionable because they must have massive grows to supply them. (several patients comment on the chemical taste!) A collective grower is limited different in each state, but most are not allowed a dispensary worth. This means different growers and different methods with perhaps a guinea pig strategy.

How to regulate before ill effects of chemicals hurt someone and give the medicine bad press?

do we want large commercial grows (potentially laden with chemicals) for supply, or small grows, clean, chemical free,(true medicine) grown in small batches grown across the state by our great caregivers?

okay be nice! Thanks....