This Is Just Ridiculous

Kingpinn

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he should not be calling me or anyone names  like that

Well Bob some people cant help it, You know ive been an arse to many on here! I let some of these comments get the best of me alot of times. Im liking just turning off my p.c during them moments, I realy dont want to hurt any ones feelings bawahahahahaha, man I cant beleive I just said that, I guess I can get along or fight dont matter to me eh?  I control my life an my moods, if I let what some one says to me get me angry they are than controlliing my moods right?  some times its best to just not reply or post in some of these threads,,,I sure wish I could take my own advise!

Peace all

Jim

Well Bob some people cant help it, You know ive been an arse to many on here! I let some of these comments get the best of me alot of times. Im liking just turning off my p.c during them moments, I realy dont want to hurt any ones feelings bawahahahahaha, man I cant beleive I just said that, I guess I can get along or fight dont matter to me eh?  I control my life an my moods, if I let what some one says to me get me angry they are than controlliing my moods right?  some times its best to just not reply or post in some of these threads,,,I sure wish I could take my own advise!

Peace all

Jim

Thanks Jim i will take your good advise 

The language in the MMA of 2008 stating that “12 plants, to be kept in an enclosed locked facility” is not a statement that the plants “must be kept at all times” in the enclosed locked facility, but rather a reference to a “customary location” where the plants are to be kept. 

Removal of the plants for maintenance, or for other reasons, is not prohibited by the language of the law.

The Michigan Supreme Court, in its decision of the People v. King, twice stated that the law is to be considered in the “common language” it was written.

For example, “my milk is kept in the refrigerator”, “all glasses are kept in the cupboard”, “my silverware is kept in the drawer”, or my “pencils are kept in a cup on my desk”. In all cases, the temporary removal of the object does not negate the original statement.

Without the use of supporting language, such as "must be" or "at all times" was not used in the previous paragraph, nor in the MMA. Saying “must be kept at all times” is therefore erroneous. As written, the statement simply makes reference to the enclosed locked facility as the "customary location" for the plants. This is taken directly from a dictionary definition of the word "kept".

In fact, the statement has more to do with the establishment of the “enclosed locked facility”, than it does to the keeping of the plants. The statement is the vehicle by which the facility is defined. Without the “enclosed locked facility”, plants could be grown anywhere on the premises, making it virtually impossible to keep track or count of the plants.

The “enclosed locked facility” is indeed the remedy to a restriction found earlier in the language of the act that “access to the plants” is to be limited to the primary caregiver and any qualified patients.

As to the words “to be kept” as written in the MMA language as being the “supporting language” I referred to in the previous paragraph I submit the following example.

Entering the kitchen late at night, I found that a bag of sugar had been left open on the counter. As I walked over to close it and return it to pantry, several cockroaches climbed out of the bag and scurried away. I took the bag and disposed of it in a garbage pail outside.

I then sat down at the computer and wrote out a memo. “Someone left a bag of sugar open on the kitchen counter, and we now have cockroaches. From now on, the sugar is "to be kept" in our enclosed cupboard. Thank you, Dad.”

No one can logically argue that the sugar is now a permanent resident of the cupboard. It could still be taken out. Perhaps to be served in a guest’s coffee, or to make a cake, or to make nectar for the birds. 

The cupboard has become the “customary” home for the sugar, not it’s prison.

One last example should make this even clearer. The following in from a classified ads. “1999 Chevy Blazer, low mileage, good condition. Car was kept in a heated garage 12 months of the year. $5,000 obo.”

Anyone reading this indeed expects that the car may have been driven to work daily, driven to the market, to school, maybe even to Florida on vacation. This expectation does not invalidate the original statement.

The framers of the law were meticulous when referring to where marijuana could be taken, or where it could be smoked. Section 4 specifically forbids having marijuana on or in school buses, schools, and correctional facilities. There were just a few examples to list in these cases.

As to reasons that may exist for removing the plants from the enclosed lock enclosure, they either felt the reasons too numerous to list, or were worried they may accidentally leave some out. They may have felt that new ones would be discovered at some future point, and that the problems that would be faced in getting them added, would be too difficult and time consuming to risk listing exceptions.

Instead, they purposely left the language worded to make keeping the plants locked up to the discretion of the grower, perhaps giving the grower more credit and purporting to them wisdom that the criminal justice system does not.

Bob where did this come from?  thanks

Bottom line you two are MEN, act like it.  Men don't whine all F'ing day to anyone that will listen. They do what needs doing. You two make me sick...

Right On

Their caustic rhetoric is actually motivating quite a few to consider coming to sentencing to encourage incarceration.

Obviously bob needs some quiet time to reflect.

The problem I see with your Facebook interpretation of keeping something within an enclosed facility is this:

The milk, glasses, silverware, pencils, sugar, etc., that are being used as examples are very bad analogies.  Do any of those things have a use outside of the place they are kept?  Do your MMJ plants (Not MMJ, but the plants.) have a use outside of their enclosed facility?  Is there any law saying where those things should be kept, thereby differentiating them from other things in your household?   Is there any law saying where MMJ plants should be kept, thereby differentiating them from other things in your household?  Do any of those things have a law saying they must be locked up?   Do MMJ plants have a law saying they must be locked up? All questions fairly easy to answer with a simple yes or no.  I'm afraid you're comparing apples to oranges.

People complain about bullying here, and people complain about censuring here.  I don't know what to say.  The last time some posts were deleted due to name-calling people, including you, complained.  Now we don't edit those posts this time and people complain.  How do we win?

Right On

Their caustic rhetoric is actually motivating quite a few to consider coming to sentencing to encourage incarceration.

Obviously bob needs some quiet time to reflect.

This should be what is making us all sick.........  That's just plain hoodwinked up and has no place here if you ask me.......

And SFC.......... So smug....... it really is ugly..... really.....

Nope................. I knew you wouldnt care........... I think everyone knows that...........

but how nice of you to tell a man who got caught up in some bunny muffin, that he should have been left alone for, that he took some years off of his wifes life............  It is truly obvious you don't care.

At least you don't get banned around here for something like suggesting that someone take their own life ehhhh?

Edited by ozzrokk

gallery_2767_852_18823.pngLaaaaAAarrrrRRRryyyYYY! Hey, Greaat Idea, man ....

I was playing with the spreadsheet, testin out some new meds n poof, this popped out last nite.  Need anything like this, hit me up ...   

guess it might help if I tried to decipher it for yous. The two great events in the Chronology of the Cannabis Prohibition I used as the basis for the Graph. Love to subtract dates etc. poof ?  

Edited by solabeirtan