Willie Nelson Wants You!

greenbuddha

Marijuana Meetup: Teapot Party Invitation

December 12th, 2010 By: Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Director

Share this Article digg.gif spreddit4.gif delicious.gif stumble.gif facebook.gif twitter.gif technorati.gif rsslogo.gif

The Teapot Party

We lean a little to the left150809_10150089829580802_725375801_7374587_31006_n.jpg

Meetup.com - http://www.meetup.com/TeapotParty/

Facebookhttp://www.facebook.com/TeapotParty

Twitter - http://twitter.com/TheTeapotParty

MEDIA NOTE - The Teapot Party is launching a Meetup Everywhere community and encouraging nationwide gatherings on 12/15/10 and 1/18/11

Teapot Party announces first nationwide event

The recent arrest of music legend Willie Nelson for marijuana possession by the US Border Patrol in Texas has sparked a new national political effort called The Teapot Party.

Rather than stay quiet about the 11/26/2010 bust, Willie sent an email to Steve Bloom of CelebStoner.com: “Let’s start a new party. There is the Tea Party. How about the Teapot Party? Our motto: ‘We lean a little to the left.’ Tax it, regulate it, legalize it. And stop the border wars over drugs. Why should the drug lords make all the money? Thousands of lives will be saved.”

71056_168821936484370_7380468_n.jpgWith Willie’s blessing, a page for Willie Nelson’s Teapot Party was created at Facebook. Tens of thousands of people have stopped by to voice their enthusiastic support for our core position: It’s time to end the war on marijuana smokers.

Over 35, 000 people joined the Facebook group in just one week. Teapot Party groups have already formed in all 50 states and some international chapters are developing.

The administrators of the Teapot Party Facebook page are now using the free and open internet platform Meetup Everywhere as their main organizing tool.

LINK <SPAN style="COLOR: #0000ff' class='alignleft' alt='""' /><SPAN style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline">http://www.meetup.com/TeapotParty/

</SPAN></SPAN>

Two meet-up dates have been scheduled: December 15, 2010 and January 18, 2011. 161940_171932282827560_7108572_n.jpg

The Teapot Party is in its nascent stage. We want our own candidates who support legalizing marijuana and hemp as their main issue.

It’s time for us to take back America to restore our economy and return our liberties, the most important of which is the freedom to responsibly use marijuana.

41605_136243456429410_1120414_n.jpgWe’re looking forward to getting feedback from you, the people, the pot-smokers of America. So let’s all join together, one nation under a marijuana cloud, and get this Teapot Party started!

I hope you get more excitement than I did when I posted about it last week. I was kind of excited to see what could be the start of a real nationwide movement. I would like to see this have the same impact on the national debate that the tea party has had about conservative issues. I think the problem is the teapot party does not have a cable news station and a wealthy group like Freedomworks backing it up.

Their were a couple of people including myself signed up in Battle Creek at the meetup.com website. However now the Battle Creek meeting is gone. I'm not sure why it disappeared. The Lansing meeting only has one person signed up and BC had 3. I would not mind getting involved but I think we need to get something going quickly.

I hope you get more excitement than I did when I posted about it last week. I was kind of excited to see what could be the start of a real nationwide movement. I would like to see this have the same impact on the national debate that the tea party has had about conservative issues. I think the problem is the teapot party does not have a cable news station and a wealthy group like Freedomworks backing it up.

Their were a couple of people including myself signed up in Battle Creek at the meetup.com website. However now the Battle Creek meeting is gone. I'm not sure why it disappeared. The Lansing meeting only has one person signed up and BC had 3. I would not mind getting involved but I think we need to get something going quickly.

i singed up after your post and now it's 43,000 +

Archived