How Much Time Do You Spend In Your Room?

knottwhole

Let's be honest. I know how easy it is to just get lost with your ladies, but how much actual work do you do in your room? I'm running 8, 5 gallon bubble buckets. Since my system is dialed in, I rarely put more than 1 1/2 hours of true work per week. That includes maintenance on my moms, clones and and vegging plants and all the equipment.

How about you?

Let's be honest. I know how easy it is to just get lost with your ladies, but how much actual work do you do in your room? I'm running 8, 5 gallon bubble buckets. Since my system is dialed in, I rarely put more than 1 1/2 hours of true work per week. That includes maintenance on my moms, clones and and vegging plants and all the equipment.

How about you?

That's very encouraging!!!!

I'm going to be running 12 - 5 gallon buckets! I've also got 6 - 10 gallon totes that I just daisy chained together a couple days ago for the veg room. I'm happy to hear that the work gets cut down the road from putting in the effort now. :)

I have 2 veg rooms and 2 flower rooms. I have 5 patients and I am also a patient, every sunday is res change day (bubble totes), honestly every sunday I'm down stairs for a minimum of 4 hours but when I run my salt cleaners its more like 6-8 hours with the 2 hour wait inbetween. Every day I go down and check levels, pick of what needs to be picked and 2x a week atleast I top off all my totes. I'd say I spend an honest 10-20 hours of work in there every week, most weeks are 10 but the 20 hour weeks have a way of becoming more often as another harvest is coming in time for the new year :thumbsu:

3-4 hrs every day and about every other week we harvest which takes at least 2 days to trim, another day mixing soil and re-potting, another couple hours taking cuttings and making clones.Basically we work pretty hard every other week and spend the next week recovering.

Lets not forget about the time I spend inspecting the plants. Some may say that it's just entertainment inspecting plants for bugs, molds and any other problems but it's part of the job to me. Plants need to be inspected often and I spend at least 30 minutes every day just inspecting plants.

Then there are the twice daily inspections of the hanging flowers and jarring the buds that are ready. Then there are the patients, like to visit but not when there is work to do.... Then there was the building expansion which took from April to December 7th. Lets not forget about constructing the grow building and the storage building. I have put many many hours into getting totally set up, it has taken over 2 yrs.

I really don't like to give the impression that growing marijuana is an effortless job. I know it's not exactly a full time job but somebody has to be here 24/7. Good luck getting away for a vacation.

depends for me, every day an hour inspection, every other day watering, mixing nutz, thats an hour there. then trimming a little here and there, and don't forget the stand and drool part for at least half an hour. Truthfully in a week maybe 10hrs. like tricloud said, you have to do them inspections. no pain no gain. lol getting your room dialed in takes a bit of maneuvering. Took me a couple months to see the differences. I like to spend time in there. just getting over the paranoia. Priceless. :)

3-4 hrs every day and about every other week we harvest which takes at least 2 days to trim, another day mixing soil and re-potting, another couple hours taking cuttings and making clones.Basically we work pretty hard every other week and spend the next week recovering.

Lets not forget about the time I spend inspecting the plants. Some may say that it's just entertainment inspecting plants for bugs, molds and any other problems but it's part of the job to me. Plants need to be inspected often and I spend at least 30 minutes every day just inspecting plants.

Then there are the twice daily inspections of the hanging flowers and jarring the buds that are ready. Then there are the patients, like to visit but not when there is work to do.... Then there was the building expansion which took from April to December 7th. Lets not forget about constructing the grow building and the storage building. I have put many many hours into getting totally set up, it has taken over 2 yrs.

I really don't like to give the impression that growing marijuana is an effortless job. I know it's not exactly a full time job but somebody has to be here 24/7. Good luck getting away for a vacation.

Exactly..........We are right there with ya Tricloud!

We (my spouse and I) are working at least an hour every morning and a few hours in the evenings.

And, that is on work days!

On the weekends, we could get in 8 + hours of work, and then the trimming starts!

And, I am a single patient. Spouse is my CG. Soooooooo I know we baby the plants, but.........I'm sure we all do!

There is always something to do. Whether it is becoming one with your garden, to making adjustments to your room.

And.......yeah, lol GOOD LUCK TAKING A VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!

:goodjob:

time spent in the grow room depends on a lot of different things. grow methods/plant count/grow room environment..... ect.

much like tricloud, i spend a bit more time in my rooms. but then we have more than 8-12-24 plants.....

2 veg rooms, 3 flower rooms, and the breeding room. the breeding room takes a certain amount of time right there everyday.

sunday is harvest day and its all day every single sunday. sundays are 12 hour work days. after chopping, trimming and hanging plants, there is clean-up of the area/utencils.... and then clean-up of the buckets/totes/pots/whatever the plants were in..... and then clean-up of the area in the grow room that those plants were in. and then everything gets moved up in line and new clones get cut to replace the harvested plants. by then there are rooted clones that need to be planted...... ect.....

thats just sunday :)

daily routine..... visiting 5 grow rooms twice a day..... thats time in itself. all the checking, inspecting, dialing in.

i mean this in the BEST OF WAYS.......... but a "good grower" is always looking for ways to make something better...... this may mean changing something around in your grow room, or having an idea and spending an hour or so online researching/purchasing.

the daily ph/temp/ppm checks and updates. the logging of the info. the mental and physical pictures that are taken everyday.

some of us CONSTANTLY spend time learning. just like a doctor or an accountant. did you know that there is a class right after the first of the year that all H & R Block employees must take to learn the new laws involved with taxes?? same difference here..... only we dont get a class to take..... we have to find our own info and new updates to the current ways.

a LOT of it has to do with who you are growing for as well. if you are a pt/cg and growing for yourself only, its real easy to say "oh i'll get that later..... right now im gonna watch the football game"...... but when you have other people waiting on you, that is not an option. you get up and do it NOW.

cannabis cultivation is just like anything else in life..... you get out of it what you put into it. if you are happy with your grow, and you have your strain dialed in. and you spend an hour in your grow room everyday........... so be it.

i grow 24/7 :)

Thanks for the reply's from everyone. It's great to see so many devoted growers.

When I went to bubble buckets I devoted as much time and money as possible into automation and simplification. Being full timed employed and going to school demanded it. I'm an accomplished gardener and do it your selfer, so it was more mental and research work then anything. I use the lucas formula so balancing the system out is automatic. By using a recirculation system, once a week is all the time I really spend on the veggies and bloomers. I've been blessed to have not had an infestation problem because I'm very (extremely) picky if or when I bring in new strains.

Sure, I'm only running a turn of 8 plants every four weeks so it's not a massive adventure. Another bonus is that when harvest time rolls around, I have all the help I need from a couple of my patients. I only charge for electricity and supplies so they're more than happy to chip in. I can walk away from my grow for up to seven days as long as I have internet access to check on things while I'm gone. If all else fails, again I have a patient on standby for emergencies.

This next summer will be my next adventure. I've already started construction on a 12 X 18 locked, secured greenhouse on a very tight budget. I'm wanting to do something that anybody can learn. This will be a complete organic grow with homemade soil in good ole mother nature. I'll post pictures of it in stages as the weather warms up again.

Till then, best to everyone and theirs.

about 15 to 20 hrs a week on average. How? Well...

This is being technical but here we go

*hour a day min doing maintenance (mainly keeping pests away and CLEANING)

*4 hours weekly on nute change, ordering things around a bit, taking clones

*Than you have to figure in external growroom yet growroom activities, if we didn't do these we would be cheating ourselves:

daily hydro shop visits, travel time to go trade or learn from another CG, RESEARCH online, mainly here or a few select sites.

7+4+7= 18 hrs.

it depends on a few things, grow stage, grow system type....1 week before flower in soil, I could spend 40+ hours on 24 plants (topping, cleaning up plants and space, etc..) but with hydro or totes/buckets 3 weeks into flower, 5 hours....

on average its about 20 hours a week, hell just watering soil plants takes time,...and I am not including driving to get equipment, replacement supplies, mixing nutes, prepping stuff....

Well I'm growing in soil so I check everything out at lights on. If nothing needs watering and everybody is looking happy I may on spend a half hour or so in there, more if they need some care! Nothing drives me crazier than ppl who stick to a rigid watering time table with soil (i.e. I only water X amount of times a week) I check each pot and only water as needed. Sometimes that's once a week, sometimes every other day depending on pot size, root system, how thirsty the girls are getting yadda yadda.

Then later on after work I spend at least an hour inspecting the plants, taking notes (I'm filling up notebooks quick!) checking on the previous few days notes to keep track of any on going issues ect. After that I sweep out the room (whether it looks like it needs it or not) and every few days take the girls out and spray everything down with bleach. That can take up to an hour, depending on how much messing around I've done in there, picking up clutter, taking care of spilled soil, etc. Then around lights out I slip down there to switch on the space heater (I accidentally left it on during daylight the other day and the room got up to 90 before I caught it :( and do a final check before bed.

But if I'm sprouting new seeds, starting clones, harvesting, then of course the workload goes up. And of course I regularly just get lost in there doing nothing but watching the grass grow. Plus, the grow room has the nicest climate of anyplace in my house (hardwood floors are coooold in the winter)

So I guess I'd say a minimum of 2 hours a day up to...well, I've spent entire days in there during busy times. And I'm throwing up a new bloom room and that's taken a bit of my time, but it'll be done in a few days and I can relax.

seriously, I can get away with 15min every 3 days for everything IN the rooms. a dialed in hydro system can't be beat.

however, outside the room activity never stops. trimming, curing, research, shopping, networking, improvments......then there's the patients I'm teaching to grow and their grow room set-up AND the 5 patients I grow for!!! oh, AND I'm employed.

How do we caregivers even find time to answer this post??

It probably averages out to about a couple hours a day.

Soil, hand watered.

But I like to take my time, and look at stuff, it's important to do that, so there isn't really any wasted time, although it would appear to the causal observer that I just stand and stare a lot.

The best answer yet!

Of course you stand and stare a lot. Everybody likes to stare at the ladies. Even most ladies.

I'm my own caregiver so I can only have 12 plants. I spend about fifteen minutes a day on average in there after work. Once a week or so I do a nice thorough inspection, maybe cut some clones, transplant, or clean up. That can take an hour or so. Honestly though I do make more work for myself sometimes because I just love being in there with growing things. It's peaceful. ;)