Growing With Kids In The House

jb5355

sorry if this has been asked but i searched and couldnt find anything on the subject.

my question is this: do any of you care givers grow with kids in your house? if something were to happen and the police had to get involved for any reason. would I be in danger of losing my children. (of course I would be following the state MM law to a T)

Make sure you uphold that law to a T. I would say not to push any "gray areas" too far either. The MMJ law will protect you as long as you follow it when it comes to CPS. I would caution you a bit more if you have a previous history with CPS in the past 7 years. The only cases I have "seen" so far with MMJ cardholders and CPS have either been unrelated to the MMJ, investigated and dropped, or when the MMJ card holder did not follow the "black and white areas" of the law, were arrested for that, subsequently causing CPS to step in and place the children temporarily. Just my personal opinions here though, each county and CPS division has a tendency to handle things differently. just like LEO :))

I am only referring to "grey area's" in respect to the area's that aren't spelled out in the law. In the respect of just growing, some grey area's may be what counts as a plant or what counts as "usable". The whole caregiver supplying to other patients besides their own would be a "grey area" in some peoples book. If you follow the law, like it is written and don't perceive everyones "take" on the law, you should be fine as far as CPS is concerned. I am not saying these area's are legal or illegal, I am just saying if you are growing in your home and don't want C.P.S. involved if you ever had the unfortuante event of being "raided" then follow what is written. (I know someone might speak up and say these "grey area's" are ok and perhaps they are, but who wants their children tied up in the "system" while the court is sorting out all the "legal and illegal" B.S.)

that is why I was asking. I would never want to put my family in any kind "situation". my girlfriend has fibromyalgia and I am her caregiver but she is kind of iffy about growing because of our kids. but I think we will be fine as long we are extra careful to stay within the written law.

In my house we are both patients and the big thing for us was telling the kids

That was a interesting talk to have with my son I'll have to agree. 12yrs old, in middle school the age where they are being tempted by things like MJ, alcohol, hormones. It was time to have that in depth talk any how. Explaining what it can do to a young mind and what it does for me in the management of my pain and effects of harsher pain meds as well as the legalities. Compared it to things like Willow bark for aspirin. Actually I think it gave him more incentive to stay drug free. I made myself some notes first so I didn't get nervous (not easy) and forget to cover something. So if you do have a problem with CPS you children are already able to give a proper and intelligent response to the prying eyes. Of coarse all that is dependent age and maturity of your children as to how far you go with the talk.

I usually say The only dumb question is one that is not asked! But perhaps it the ones we are afraid to answer!

I am always reading about black/white/gray area's of the law. They only exist because the LEO's and State elected officials say they are there. And fact is, if they want to bust down your door, steal your children, steal your property, and ruin your life, they will and they already have done it over and over again in this state, to your friends and neighbors. It's the same as getting pulled over for speeding, if they want to haul your butt in, they will find something to nail you on, whether you are following the law or not. You may end up proving yourself legal in a court of law, but in the court of public opinion you'll be hanged. Not to mention the thousands of dollars you'll have to put up to mount a decent defense. They made this system, they know the in's and out's and how to hang you for stepping on the wrong side of the street. Until more of our elected officials stand with us, we're in for a rough ride. Good luck to you whatever your decision.

Keep in mind the Petoskeystoned case is about 2 parents battling it out for custody. The court decided against the patient/mother and for the non-patient/father. The issue is whether they can use this as evidence on the issue of 'best interests of the child.'

This as NOT a case of the State going into court to take the kids.

The question of talking with the kids is an important issue for me. I also have a 12 year old (and 12 or less plants growing in a secret room in the basement behind a sliding bookshelf).

My wife told him not to go there because that is where daddy buries the bodies and now he always takes the pit-bulls down the basement when he goes to get drinks. :lol:

I suspect he will ask outright soon but am actually a little disappointed he is not more curious. :hot:

my ex wife was griping @ me and I gave her a copy of the law where it says they can't use it againt you or something. My issue is I wanna explain it to my kids n she wants them to know nothing other than I have some plants. Id rather them know about it and be educated on the subject rather than them asking someone @ school or something.

I think that it's important to let them know what's going on and educate openly. They're going to find out sooner or later, at least they won't be mad that you have been lying to them and then want to rebel. They are going to be confronted with peer pressure to smoke eventually, if they have been taught well in a open setting I bet they are less likely to use before they are fully developed.

It's ok to have a fridge of beer... alcohol is much more dangerous, more addictive, causes people to become aggressive... drunk driving, darn social stigmas.

My kids know, and understand about Medical Marijuana... and even though they both belong to S.A.D.D. they are both advocates for Med. Cannabis.

If you start educating your kids early, but at an age where they know not to talk to ANYONE about the subject outside the home... it usually works best for everyone. :thumbsu:

I think this explains pretty well- except Shane looks so said at the end....

I am going to start a thread on telling your kids: when, what, how much, how, and what to avoid in another forum, probably legal.

[/quote}

and, i await that with baited breath. i am thinking about talking to my older kids about the garden downstairs. Uh oh. the lawyer saw it. I am gonna title a lil book for kids called "the garden downstairs!"

• 11 months later...

My patient and sister lost sole custody of her 7 children due to her participation in the Medical Marijuana Program both directly and indirectly. The Family Court in Emmet County and specifically

attorney Ron Powers (for the ex) and Referee Bruce Cranham decided at her evidenciary hearing that her 112 day paperwork was "hearsay" and therefore would not allow the documents to be submitted in the proceedings.

That being said, the court then awarded the ex full custody of the children with only supervised visits for 7 hour intervals 2 days a week. And according to the Ref, because of her "behavior" in court, overnight visits would not be awarded (Jen tried unsuccessfully 3 times to ask for an adjournment

so she could seek legal council because she felt ill prepared and didn't understand).

Due to the proceedings, the multiple felony charges, and blatant lies "3 trucks of illegal drugs were removed" lol, the Ref decides the children are in imminent danger and rushed the order through IMMEDIATELY. The children have not been seen since.

Update: The children are not allowed now at their grandparents (patients), nor their Uncle Richard (dangerous caregiver). Jenny will be out in January.

Due to the proceedings, the multiple felony charges, and blatant lies "3 trucks of illegal drugs were removed" lol, the Ref decides the children are in imminent danger and rushed the order through IMMEDIATELY. The children have not been seen since.

Update: The children are not allowed now at their grandparents (patients), nor their Uncle Richard (dangerous caregiver). Jenny will be out in January.

This makes my blood boil. I pray to God that these tyrants will be brought to justice.

This is just another way that "our" government treats us as a commodity to make money for themselves.

(1) the annual number of founded child abuse allegations can be predicted from the number of conditional federal grant and reimbursement salary fund dollars needed to balance the state child protection agency payroll (the number of children taken into state custody each year will be the number sufficient to generate the federal fund claims necessary to balance the agency payroll); and

(2) third party contracts to file state child protection agency federal fund claims will contain provisions that only compensate the contractor for increases in federal funds paid to the state over and above the amount paid in the previous contract for such claim filing services. The latter creates a system that will only result in compensation to the contractor if the number of children taken into state custody constantly increases and/or the total claims generated from each child in state custody increases each contract cycle. The net result is a system in which everyone stays employed only if the number of founded child abuse cases and children taken into state custody always increases and never decreases. An important byproduct of this criminal process of exploiting children independent of the true child abuse rate is the blind political support for the criminal operations generated by the constant flow of conditional federal funds into the respective State's economy.

- James Roger Brown, Director

THE SOCIOLOGY CENTER

CPS Michigan Starved 10YO Disabled Johnny to Death After Mom Sought State Help

Government Kidnaps Your Children for Money

• 1 month later...

my ex wife was griping @ me and I gave her a copy of the law where it says they can't use it againt you or something. My issue is I wanna explain it to my kids n she wants them to know nothing other than I have some plants. Id rather them know about it and be educated on the subject rather than them asking someone @ school or something.

I'm in the same boat but with both a 9 and 10 year old, and my wife isn't an ex. My 10 year old has pieced things together with the final revelation coming while watching the news. There was a story about the MMMP and he turned around to see a mixture of relief and confirmation on my face. He is quite mature for 10; frighteningly so actually. I took him out to lunch and we had a very 'grown-up' conversation.

He doesn't see the problem with any of it but he is confused at why the fed can take my meds if they want to. He pointed out that I used to get sick all the time from the other meds, but haven't lost a day to the opiate flu since changing medications. He also knows that I am taking 12 credits per semester and live on the presidents list.

I know this probably reads like a fake story and I realize it sounds a bit cheesy, but if a 10 year old gets it...

Archived