Should I Opt For 2 Flower Rooms Or 1?

why can't you just have 1 room with multiple lights? don't see the point of two rooms unless your breeding... even if you only had one light you could just put something under your new plants in a perpetual grow to even up the tops.

well one good reason you just answered in case your breeding! no you dont realy need a whole room to breed in, but it is up to the grower, you may not have enough room on one of your cycles, mite let some veg longer and get bigger. and throw them in their own flower rm,, all I know is no matter what you do, if you plan on staying in it for a long time give yourself plenty of room, No one can predict waht good or bad things may happen, id rather have to much room than not enough!!

Merry Christmas!

Peace

FTW

Jim

p.s your 2nd room dont always have to be running if not needed. you can alway use it for a mother room, if you want several strains, or just wind up with and unexpected new strain or 2 you would like to keep going but wouldnt have the room w/o it!

Just make 2 flower rms if you have the space!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the "flipbox" IS the timer. the ballast stays on 24/7 and the box feeds 2 hoods in different rooms 12hrs. at a time. it eliminates 1 ballast and 2 timers

If its on time. I've used a couple different ones.

They are not accurate to within a second.

Who cares? They're better than timers and you don't have to do squat.

Buy one.

the "flipbox" IS the timer. the ballast stays on 24/7 and the box feeds 2 hoods in different rooms 12hrs. at a time. it eliminates 1 ballast and 2 timers

I think I need a few of those. I'd like to find a few cheaper than $150 though. It looks like a super glorified timer....

Okay, so here's some more pictures. Pictures gives you all a much better idea of what I'm working with.

So, I think I'm going to make 1 smaller Flower room and get that going. I don't really have the money to build them both right now anyway. I do have a lot going on in the hopper (Veg) though, so I'm going to eventually need it. I'm going to go pick up some drywall to make a little Flower room (by little, I mean 12 - 5 gallon buckets) (2 or 3 - 600 watt HPS)

I've got 8 buckets there now. I'm going to add 4 more and this will be Flower Room #1 //// This is the rest of the space I have available. 180 degrees from 1st picture.

009.JPG010.JPG

The whole area is about 25 ft long and I'm going to go 10 ft wide.

I'll probably put the drywall up near where the green and white box is.

006.JPG

Thanks Again Everyone for your input. It really means a lot to me. Keep it coming if you've got a minute....

looking good smoke!!

your floor doesnt look that bad??

im in the building stage myself ... some kind soul gave me lemoncake beans to plant :):goodjob::thumbsu::goodjob::thumbsu:

Thanks man! Naww, the floor's not too bad. I'm waiting on the 100 ft of white Panda I ordered the other day. :)

I'm waiting on yours to crack too. :goodjob::bow::goodjob: I've been lookin' at pictures of mommy and auntie.....

i feel VERY confident that you will find a keeper or 2 in there.

that Widow #27 is NO JOKE :)

its very "different" i guess....... very pungent and just "different" feeling when you go to break up a cured bud. VERY oily. VERY VERY VERY sticky at harvest.

i sit and smell my fingers for hours after playing with those buds.... they are soooooo oily. they literally leave an oil substance on your fingers.... not a sticky..... an oily.

I'm going to go pick up some drywall to make a little Flower room

I haven't used drywall at all on the last three builds. 7/16 or 1/2 inch OSB is cheaper, plus it gives you secure attachment points without the use of hangers. It paints well as long as you prime it with a stain blocker.

You have to be more accurate with your cuts, but the end result is much stronger then drywall.

i feel VERY confident that you will find a keeper or 2 in there.

that Widow #27 is NO JOKE :)

its very "different" i guess....... very pungent and just "different" feeling when you go to break up a cured bud. VERY oily. VERY VERY VERY sticky at harvest.

i sit and smell my fingers for hours after playing with those buds.... they are soooooo oily. they literally leave an oil substance on your fingers.... not a sticky..... an oily.

2 of the babies cracked for me so far!!!

Looks great! good luck man.

Thanks man!

I don't know if anybody watches Dexter, but that's kinda how I felt this morning:

009.JPG

We use 3 rooms-- the smallest is for males & breeding--

the next one is for vegging and clones...

and we use one 10 x 12 room for our flowering-- 2 1000w lights on movers with 2 grows going at a time about 30-45 days apart.

You can put as many "grows" in one room as you like-- just use separate lights/movers so the height is adjusted to that grow.

I haven't used drywall at all on the last three builds. 7/16 or 1/2 inch OSB is cheaper, plus it gives you secure attachment points without the use of hangers. It paints well as long as you prime it with a stain blocker.

You have to be more accurate with your cuts, but the end result is much stronger then drywall.

I found that OSB you were speaking of: http://www.homedepot...catalogId=10053

It looks pretty affordable. My only problem is I don't have a van or truck to get the wood from Home Depot to my grow spot. Any ideas? Does anyone know if Home Depot delivery is affordable?

Anyone near Royal Oak have a van or truck? I'll smoke my meds with you. Unfortunately, once you see my grow spot though......I've gotta off you.... :)

We use 3 rooms-- the smallest is for males & breeding--

the next one is for vegging and clones...

and we use one 10 x 12 room for our flowering-- 2 1000w lights on movers with 2 grows going at a time about 30-45 days apart.

You can put as many "grows" in one room as you like-- just use separate lights/movers so the height is adjusted to that grow.

I've been thinking about those light movers. Are they expensive? Is the purpose of the light movers to cut down on lights? What about with 6 ft. tall ceilings?

I've been thinking about those light movers. Are they expensive? Is the purpose of the light movers to cut down on lights? What about with 6 ft. tall ceilings?

light movers can be used to cut down on the amount of lights, but most people use them to get better/more coverage. there a million different makes/models out there....

i have a 4ft hydrofarm rail im not using.

if ya want it, pm me. we may have to meet up for this one though..... PIA to ship.

I have will have 4 rooms. 2 flower rooms 1 veg.-cloning. 1 drying-curring.

Advantages to 2 rooms for me are harvest 40 days or so, the alternating light cycles, and heat transfer from lighted room to dark room in these cold Mi nights

This my floor plan. Only two rooms done.

gallery_11927_507_46275.jpg

Opps forgot the door on veg room

Light Movers ROCK. I have 2x1000 watt lights on 4' center that move 2.5' back and forth. With the movers I never have to move plants and I am able to keep the lights 6" above the plants. they'ed cook w/o the movers!!

So, what do you think about running 2 - 600 watters on a 4ft. track for 12 - 5 gallon buckets? Would that suffice or should I add another light? I'm thinking the light movers would be a pretty good idea. Does the ducting from cooling your hood get in the way at all? You'd probably only fit 2 lights on a 4 ft. mover anyway, right?

It looks pretty affordable. My only problem is I don't have a van or truck to get the wood from Home Depot to my grow spot. Any ideas? Does anyone know if Home Depot delivery is affordable?

Anyone near Royal Oak have a van or truck? I'll smoke my meds with you. Unfortunately, once you see my grow spot though......I've gotta off you.... :)

Most Home-Depots has a truck you can rent.

So, what do you think about running 2 - 600 watters on a 4ft. track for 12 - 5 gallon buckets? Would that suffice or should I add another light? I'm thinking the light movers would be a pretty good idea. Does the ducting from cooling your hood get in the way at all? You'd probably only fit 2 lights on a 4 ft. mover anyway, right?

I use 2-600s for eight plants and wouldn't think of trying to do more then that. I have a modified 6 ft hydrofarm mover that I modified to run two lights, as a 4 footer wouldn't cover enough space. If you grow very short plants you might pull it off but I like my 5 and 6 foot shrubs.

I use 2-600s for eight plants and wouldn't think of trying to do more then that. I have a modified 6 ft hydrofarm mover that I modified to run two lights, as a 4 footer wouldn't cover enough space. If you grow very short plants you might pull it off but I like my 5 and 6 foot shrubs.

I hear ya on the 5 and 6 foot shrubs, but I'm only working with a 6' 6' ceiling. :)

I'll probably need 3 - 600's for 12 plants. Perhaps I'll leave one of those stationary and put 2 on a mover.

I picked up some of that OSB you had suggested. 1/2 in.

My arms are sore! I need a couple days off. :)

These boards aren't screwed in yet. They're just leaning there.

I'm going to go for the 2 flower rooms.

1 at a time, right?

006.JPG009.JPG

gallery_11927_507_46275.jpg

If this was me, I would have 1 flower room. And keeping with the flower area you have drawn out here I would run 4 600w right down the 15'4" wall. Perpetual, yielding 18oz every 3 week. But thats just me...

Is this directed towards me or LITLJON, who high jacked my thread? ;)

(It's alright LITLJON, Happy Holidays!)

My pictures are separate from this blueprint. Just thought I'd point that out. Perhaps I should make a blueprint for myself...

Archived