Help!-Yellow Leaves With Brown Spots Spreading!

pearlysweetcakes

[/All advice welcome & needed!! I amm having a problem with plants that were healthy &nw are in different stages of flower & veg-the leaves start turning yellow on the edge then they have more yellow with round brown spots in the yellow-the ones that are showing the biggest problems are in promix & I had been using fox farms Grow big/big bloom & tiger bloom--I also have cal -mag which i had used on a previous problem -I have stoped using ANY nutes & just using water this last week but it still seems to be getting worse--ANY IDEAS???? Im afarid I will lose them in flower if I don't get a handle on this!

Pictures are needed to diagnose your issue. BUT seeing as that you say ALL stages in soil...Im thinking one of two things.

1. You burned the girls with a high ppm watering plus high ppm soil. In this case, continue flushing, they will make it.

2. You sprayed them with a harsh spray during lights on. One that left little droplets on your plants. These drops act like magnifying glasses and cause LIGHT burns directly under the water droplets.

Take one of your plants and water with 0 ppm water, take a ppm/ph reading of your run off. I bet it is too high.

If you're spraying them, do so at lights off so the water can evaporate OR use a spreader sticker to avoid droplets.

Hope this helps a little

Peace

be careful when you are using that fancy pants soil... unless a medium is advertised as inert top soil, then it very likely has all sorts of organics mixed into it and ready to provide nutrition. you very likely burned your plants by over feeding them.

good luck!

Keep in mind too, that part of the normal flowering process is for the plant to use the nutes in the veg (leaves) a few weeks before they are ripe.

if it still seems like a nute issue, cut out all grow nutes (micro and bloom are fine, remember there is nit in the soil) as soon as i cut back on the grow nutes, my burning issues were resolved as there was plenty of nitrogen in the soil already.

I will try to post pics-I cut most of it off yesterday-we'll see what they look like this am. Temos are from low of 60 to78/80-it really does seem to be the dirt girls-Pro-Mix was the medium I used-I do notice that I have some gnats-is that an issue?? Thanks to all -Flushing & watching & takin advice!

Pictures would help. Padro gave some good advice, I would flush, check the run off and go from there. How are the temps in your room?

[/All advice welcome & needed!! I amm having a problem with plants that were healthy &nw are in different stages of flower & veg-the leaves start turning yellow on the edge then they have more yellow with round brown spots in the yellow-the ones that are showing the biggest problems are in promix & I had been using fox farms Grow big/big bloom & tiger bloom--I also have cal -mag which i had used on a previous problem -I have stoped using ANY nutes & just using water this last week but it still seems to be getting worse--ANY IDEAS???? Im afarid I will lose them in flower if I don't get a handle on this!

You could just be experiencing necrosis or a localized death of that leaf due to an array of things...over watering, over fertilizing, stop everything for a day or two let theleaves midly droop then water with just clean water see what happens. how close are your lights..?

Pics would help..? but yellowing with brown typically means the root system is suffocating and sucking up too much liquid particlates like a swamp water sludgy type syndrome. Please take pics then post.

Sounds like you need to flush your plants, then re-feed them at a lower level and add some cal-mag....

they are either over-fed, locked-up (a pH problem) or could be root-bound...

Do you test the pH of your water & nute solution before you water or feed???

How often do you feed/water them- and how much??

Should feed 1x a week on a feeding schedule that slowly increases as the plants age... and only water between feeds if the top 2 inches of the soil dries completely... or they get boggy in the bottom of the pot and "drown".

Have you ever flushed before? If not-- let me know- I'll walk ya thru it if ya need.

Good luck hun!

Here's where I am at now with them-Pics hopefully will be posted soon to help with the diagnose-I have been flushing with plain water-also i did find spider mite eggs on the under leaves of one I was having the most trouble with-so it may be a combination of nutes & mite eggs-I sprayed with soapicide & removed ALL the bad leaves that I could find-I also read that spraying with cold water was good so i have been spraying the leaves underside too with that in the am-I have a PH meter & they seem to run in the hi 6's- They may be improving--this am was the first where there was no additional leaf damage-any info on flushing properly would be great! Thanks to all--My goal is perpetual harvest & healthy plants!My feeding achedule was not precise & this grow is the first I have used fox farms-when I start ffeed again I will follow what u suggest-thanks

Sounds like you need to flush your plants, then re-feed them at a lower level and add some cal-mag....

they are either over-fed, locked-up (a pH problem) or could be root-bound...

Do you test the pH of your water & nute solution before you water or feed???

How often do you feed/water them- and how much??

Should feed 1x a week on a feeding schedule that slowly increases as the plants age... and only water between feeds if the top 2 inches of the soil dries completely... or they get boggy in the bottom of the pot and "drown".

Have you ever flushed before? If not-- let me know- I'll walk ya thru it if ya need.

Good luck hun!

Those Pictures Above are PearlySweetCake's leaves. Can you please help her out. She only logs in from 6:55am to 7:05am, so her thread gets buried..... ;)

Don't let her fool you though......here's some of her meds......

008.JPG

010.JPG

(Free Leonard)

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) I'm just kidding with ya Pearly..... that is her bud though....

Those Pictures Above are PearlySweetCake's leaves. Can you please help her out. She only logs in from 6:55am to 7:05am, so her thread gets buried..... ;)

Don't let her fool you though......here's some of her meds......

008.JPG

010.JPG

(Free Leonard)

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) I'm just kidding with ya Pearly..... that is her bud though....

I'm having a similar problem. I'm in 8th week of bloom. Seems confined to plants most cloned. Thinking the genetics are getting a bit weak. I'm starting to phase out this strain. The strain used to be practically impervious to pests and such. Do you know the status of how many times your plants have been cloned?

It's a ph issue and is runnin to low. Foxfarm is famous for there f'ed up ph issues and is the reason I dropped runnin there stuff. Add 4 tablespoon of lime to EACH bag of fozfarm and this issue will be gone. Check your ph from your run-off and you'll see it's now in the low 5's. Add a couple teaspoons full of lime to the tops of the soil to each pot and try to mix that into the soil and water them. Flushing will not help this issue as it's not a over fed issue.I fought foxfram soil for the past 2 years and finally gave up and went with sunshine mix number 4. That stuff is way more stable and my run-off now comes out at 6.1.You'll need to water and feed this soil at a higher ph then normal to combat the ph dropping so water at 7.0 to 7.2 and feed at 6.6 ph. With the lime added your problem will vanish in no time. I could show ya a bunch of leaf pic's just like the one ya posted and thats from your ph being off. Wrong ph and they cant eat.... :thumbsu:

I love the response hehehehehehe. Not everything is fixed by flushing and can hurt more then help. ALWAY check PH first as that's the problem most times. Ph and ppms and check that run-off often.......................

Good luck and dont worry, if ya do what I said you'll be back runnin fine in no time. :rock:

Archived