New Skin Complaints Dept:

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Hello all,

Struggling to get us to a point where we can actually update, I've attempted another skin. Rather then just allowing staff to look around and report problems, it might just be easier to allow all of you to voice your concerns or problems. I'm sure there will be some problems as none of these seem to be a one size fits all solution but this seems to be much more on point then that freebie skin I just attempted.

Let me know. Be very descriptive or even take screen shots.

Best

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

OK Dually noted Ron......It would be nice if that was the extent of the complaints I'm about to get....I'll brace for the impact anyways..:thumbsu:

Best

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

I personally have no problems with the site, and I like the new skin up top on the pages now :thumbsu:

From what I hear tho ppl need easier ways to post pics.

Not sure what you mean. Can't be much easier then uploading here or posting the url to an external site. Can't really miss the huge "Click to add attachments" button like 2" below this reply window (when your using the "full editor"). Some people like to put the pics in their galleries first, probably because that's the way Bubblegrower wrote a tutorial, but even that isn't needed. You can re-post images by looking in your settings section and using the "attachments" tab.

It's more a problem of people not knowing then it being difficult.

Best

Not sure what you mean. Can't be much easier then uploading here or posting the url to an external site. Can't really miss the huge "Click to add attachments" button like 2" below this reply window (when your using the "full editor"). Some people like to put the pics in their galleries first, probably because that's the way Bubblegrower wrote a tutorial, but even that isn't needed. You can re-post images by looking in your settings section and using the "attachments" tab.

It's more a problem of people not knowing then it being difficult.

Best

Yea what you said! Its more of people not knowing than it being difficult, I find it difficult, I actualy opened a you tube acct and still could only get the link to come up! not the pic!

But Im old lol and forgetful lol

Nice job Garf! I looks great, but im starting to think im going coo-coo (save it) every time i come on its a diff looking site!?! Can you make it always do that? :thumbsu:

Peace

FTW

Jim

p.s wow there is an attach this file button! :unsure:

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

hey you put who is in the room back on!! :thumbsu::goodjob:

Peace!

FTW

Jim

Yeah figured I'd try it with the new skin. If this doesn't produce the load the old skin did we'll be able to keep it up. Just know it's only a trial. Soon as I have to reboot the server 8 times a day again, it's gone.

Best

Hey Garfield.

The text in the top section is to dark. Can't read them.

It looks like it's currently gray on black.

Then there's the black text on dark blue also.

I second this! I am use to the some of the menu options and know where to find them but I think new users may have a hard time finding them. The text just sort of blends in with the background, maybe a lighter color font would work.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Hey Garfield.

The text in the top section is to dark. Can't read them.

It looks like it's currently gray on black.

Then there's the black text on dark blue also.

Let me know if that isn't better for you PB.

Text does not fit on page any more Thanks

No idea what you're talking about. Remember: describe it well/screen shot. Need more info brother.

Don't know if this goes here or not but when select emoticons in the chat room the menu is clear and hard to see them.

You know I fixed this as we're in Chat....so...

Keep um coming all

Best

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

I think the latest version is great. I only have an usability suggestion. At my old job, I learned that you always want to pack the naviation content towards the top left for max impact.

I most likely won't change this aspect of the stock version of our skin. Top makes all the "impact" it's going to make.

the "return to top of page" button is gone. whoa is me, I have to scroll.

Site does look nice

There is a small button in the bottom left, that remains in the same position (next to the the end of your rt scroll arrow)

no matter if you are @ the top, middle or end of page. Also, @ the very bottom on the left hand side, there are still the words "Back To Top". Click on either to return you to the top. The nice part about the right hand button is...

you do not have to go all the way to the bottom as it is stationary!

Cool new addition btw Garfield :)

Garfield;

This looks very nice!

I only have one issue:

I work on a very large monitor and am accustom to using Ctrl + to enlarge the text.

I was always able to take it to a 6+ before I would have to use the bottom scroll bar.

Any thing less than the 6, the text would get larger yet all stay w/in the frame.

Now... if I Ctrl + only 3 times, I loose the right hand side of the screen and there is

no bottom scroll bar. I used to love being able to make my text large yet have it still fit

w/ out the bottom scroll. I could deal w/ it now... except I'm not getting the bottom

scroll bar.

Thank you for all you do for us.

PS I like how the quotes are now in italics... it does make it easier to define!

Garfield;

This looks very nice!

I only have one issue:

I work on a very large monitor and am accustom to using Ctrl + to enlarge the text.

I was always able to take it to a 6+ before I would have to use the bottom scroll bar.

Any thing less than the 6, the text would get larger yet all stay w/in the frame.

Now... if I Ctrl + only 3 times, I loose the right hand side of the screen and there is

no bottom scroll bar. I used to love being able to make my text large yet have it still fit

w/ out the bottom scroll. I could deal w/ it now... except I'm not getting the bottom

scroll bar.

Thank you for all you do for us.

PS I like how the quotes are now in italics... it does make it easier to define!

Thank you it's the same for me

Archived