Can Caregivers Grow With Cashed Check Stub?

jacaec20002

can caregivers legally grow with the proof of the state cashing your check i know legal in terms of being just a patient but in the same manner how do things go for the caregiver? i have both stubs the cashed for me being a patient and caregiver just not sure with the legality any info is greatly appreciated

Guest Happy Guy

You need to send the applications certfied mail. A cashed check isn't as good as having proof of delivery. If you are caught growing without a card you will have to pray your application is approved because the legality of your actions depends on it. If it is rejected law enforcement might try to go after you for growing illegally. You would be in trouble for sure, under the microscope at the very least.

Guest Happy Guy

no lol sent my paper work first in for me being a patient then about 2 weeks later too be someones caregiver the state has cashed both of the checks i sent in with the paper work i kno im legal with my paperwork and cashed check proof to be a patient but what about caregiving?

Like I said, law enforcement might let it slide but it would all hinge on whether the application passes muster at MDCH. All it would take is one mistake and your application is worthless as a defense. You would have to set up an affirmative defense. With this in mind, make your informed choice, grow or don't grow.

Guest Happy Guy

No problem, glad I could help you make an informed choice. We all have our own acceptable level of risk. All you can do is weigh it up and take your chances based on good info. Next time you send in an app you should send it certified mail. It lowers your level of risk and might help you in court some day, hope you never need to use it.

o yes both were sent certified as well as any other apps i send in. and unfortunatly that my friend is why i asked i got pulled over with 2.5 grams of med with my paperwork maybe a day or two before my check was cashed and got a ticket for possession all because the doctor i whent to told me i was good from there with my paperwork i have printed out the copy of the cashed check receipt from my bank website stating that the state cashed my check in hope that it does me some kind of good thursday in court =/

People are going to get on here and say that with a copy of the submittal papers and the cashed check, you are good to go under the 20-day rule.

MDCH does not agree and informed me of this. They acknowledge the 20-day rule for patient registration applications but Change Forms and Caregiver Attestations are not "patient applications" and, as such, MDCH is silent on the applicability of the 20-day rule applying to caregivers.

MDCH says a patient is good to go after 20 days. They don't have any position on when it is safe for a CG to start assisting the patient.

Guest Happy Guy

Also, MDCH might say you are good to grow after 20 days. They are being very irresponsible saying that since they are not even looking at the forms in that time frame. Of course it is possible that your form is not right. In that case you are not good to grow. MDCH isn't the one going to court. You can't sue them for bad advice. They really suck saying that you are good to grow after 20 days. That would be an individual choice thing, not good to grow for every patient. I believe they only said it to take the heat off of themselves for their lack of due diligence getting the cards out. They just make it worse saying you are good to grow in 20 days. Injury on top of insult.

Many people have been arrested after flashing paperwork at police officers. Many don't care if you have certified mail slips, cashed check copies or doctors cert. in hand. They could care less if it's 21 days or 100 days. They will laugh when you tell them you use marijuana for medical reasons. They will arrest you if you don't have a card in many cases and in some cases even if you do have a card.

This part of the law is a joke. A complete fiasco. A lot of cops don't understand it and a lot don't care. Then when you have to deal with the prosecutors, they have no sympathy for the law or you. They will very reluctantly look at the evidence and not charge you with anything, IF, they can't find some small technicality (an unlocked room etc) that they can get you for.

Also, MDCH might say you are good to grow after 20 days. They are being very irresponsible saying that since they are not even looking at the forms in that time frame. Of course it is possible that your form is not right. In that case you are not good to grow. MDCH isn't the one going to court. You can't sue them for bad advice. They really suck saying that you are good to grow after 20 days. That would be an individual choice thing, not good to grow for every patient. I believe they only said it to take the heat off of themselves for their lack of due diligence getting the cards out. They just make it worse saying you are good to grow in 20 days. Injury on top of insult.

They made it very clear, in front of congress, that if there is any reason they are going to reject the application, it is done within the first fifteen days. After that they can not legally reject an application.

As far as the 20 day rule, it is part of the law.

Police and courts are getting used to the idea that paperwork is the same thing as the ID card.

section 9 (b) If the department fails to issue a valid registry identification card in response to a valid application or renewal submitted pursuant to this act within 20 days of its submission, the registry identification card shall be deemed granted, and a copy of the registry identification application or renewal shall be deemed a valid registry identification card.

Guest Happy Guy

They made it very clear, in front of congress, that if there is any reason they are going to reject the application, it is done within the first fifteen days. After that they can not legally reject an application.

Police and courts are getting used to the idea that paperwork is the same thing as the ID card.

Doesn't matter what they say, it's about what they do. MDCH is still rejecting application months after they were submitted. Way over 20 days. You didn't know that?

Most police still will consider paperwork not valid until they can make sure everything on the forms is valid. You didn't know that either?

It is very important to differentiate between what is said and what is done. Reality is very important and it can slip away if you don't pay attention to what is actually happening in reality, separate from offices and bureaucratic speak.

Doesn't matter what they say, it's about what they do. MDCH is still rejecting application months after they were submitted. Way over 20 days. You didn't know that?

No, I didn't know that. Would you list an example please? If they reject the application more than fifteen days after they receive the application, they are breaking the law.

section 6 C © The department shall verify the information contained in an application or renewal submitted pursuant to this section, and shall approve or deny an application or renewal within 15 days of receiving it. The department may deny an application or renewal only if the applicant did not provide the information required pursuant to this section, or if the department determines that the information provided was falsified. Rejection of an application or renewal is considered a final department action, subject to judicial review. Jurisdiction and venue for judicial review are vested in the circuit court for the county of Ingham.

Most police still will consider paperwork not valid until they can make sure everything on the forms is valid. You didn't know that either?

The police have been complaining about forged paperwork from the word "go." Yet the only forged paperwork that has been reported has been forged by the police.

What you describe is the police breaking the law. Those same police officers could say your ID card might be forged. They are grasping at straws to arrest an innocent person.

This sets up a false arrest lawsuit. And yes, those lawsuits will be filed.

It is very important to differentiate between what is said and what is done. Reality is very important and it can slip away if you don't pay attention to what is actually happening in reality, separate from offices and bureaucratic speak.

I guess you could say "just ignore the law, after all, they do."

Then we have only the law of the gun.

Do you advocate for pure martial law?

If anyone out there wants to know about which laws to ignore, I'll be happy to send them your way.

Guest Happy Guy

No, I didn't know that. Would you list an example please? If they reject the application more than fifteen days after they receive the application, they are breaking the law.

The police have been complaining about forged paperwork from the word "go." Yet the only forged paperwork that has been reported has been forged by the police.

What you describe is the police breaking the law. Those same police officers could say your ID card might be forged. They are grasping at straws to arrest an innocent person.

This sets up a false arrest lawsuit. And yes, those lawsuits will be filed.

I guess you could say "just ignore the law, after all, they do."

Then we have only the law of the gun.

Do you advocate for pure martial law?

If anyone out there wants to know about which laws to ignore, I'll be happy to send them your way.

Reality...

There are a lot of examples of MDCH rejecting cards after 20 days. Read much? Every single application that has been rejected to date has been over 20 days. There are hundreds of them!

Whether you like it or believe it, it is the job of law enforcement to check and see if paperwork is valid. It is just so freakin' ridiculous to think that because your paperwork has something to do with medical marijuana that it is exempt from verication. Just think about how ignorant it sounds to think they don't verify the stack of papers. Reality is what we need, not a wish and a prayer.

I do not appreciate the swipe about what I personally advocate. I'm trying to help people understand how they can get around trouble. Telling people their application can't be rejected after 20 days and that cops don't validate paperwork before they believe it is just hurting the readers.

Guest Happy Guy

I asked you to give one single example.

Find them for yourself, they are all around us. Every single application that has been returned has been over 20 days. I'm not going to point out one of my friends that is waiting and in a vulnerable position. That would be stupid. No need to shout. Calm down and your mind will be clearer.

Whether you like it or believe it, it is the job of law enforcement to check and see if paperwork is valid. It is just so freakin' ridiculous to think that because your paperwork has something to do with medical marijuana that it is exempt from verication. Just think about how ignorant it sounds to think they don't verify the stack of papers. Reality is what we need, not a wish and a prayer.

It is not their "job" and they can't do it no matter how hard they try.

They can NOT call the MDCH without a ID number. So how could they verify anything with the MDCH AT ALL????

Find them for yourself, they are all around us. Every single application that has been returned has been over 20 days. I'm not going to point out one of my friends that is waiting and in a vulnerable position. That would be stupid. No need to shout. Calm down and your mind will be clearer.

So them your claim is invalid. You can't provide one single confirmed example.

NOT ONE SINGLE EXAMPLE.

Why push out fear based on a lie?

Oh .. I enjoy confronting lies about medical marijuana in Michigan.

The lie you posted about this 20 day stuff is fun.

HG .. have you ever actually SEEN a denial letter?

I've seen several. Every one of them had been issued within that 15 days.

Every single one of them that I've seen.

So I must have some sort of magical vision or something. Maybe I have some sort of time warp that I can see through!!

I must be seeing into the future .. and while I'm seeing into the future, to see that letter that doesn't yet exist, the MDCH puts a date on the letter that is a lie.

Filibuster breath,

Yawn, I have some Christmas shopping to do. Just posting so you know I read your gibberish. Carry on. LOL

You haven't provided one single example of people receiving a denial letter older than the 20 days.

The paperwork IS the ID card until the MDCH gets off their buts and prints the card.

That's the law.

If you don't like the law, then work to change it. Stop telling people that it's OK for leo to do whatever they want to.

Because leo reads this stuff also.

By ignoring the law and arresting people, they are committing a false arrest.

Guest Happy Guy

HG .. have you ever actually SEEN a denial letter?

I've seen several. Every one of them had been issued within that 15 days.

Every single one of them that I've seen.

So I must have some sort of magical vision or something. Maybe I have some sort of time warp that I can see through!!

I must be seeing into the future .. and while I'm seeing into the future, to see that letter that doesn't yet exist, the MDCH puts a date on the letter that is a lie.

Let me get this straight;

They look at every application within 15 days. But it takes them 100 to issue a card. Does that make sense?

Every denial letter you have seen has been dated within 15 days of receipt of the application.

This proves to you that I am lying.

Because they back date things, I am lying. That proves it. Just like they back date our cards. Or did you not know that either?

If a denial letter is dated the 15th of March, and you receive it the 15th of May, were you really denied in the 15 days or did they just back date the thing? Just like our cards are back dated to make it look like they did it in 20 days.

Change Forms are not addressed in the law. The MDCH's administrative rules address a change in status indirectly; they don't come out and use the term "Change Form," the rules only state that the MDCH must be notified of changes.

An "Application" or "Renewal" is addressed in the law, and the 20-day rule is applied.

No where in the law does it state that a Change Form is considered the "new card" after 20 days. People need to understand that MDCH views its responsibilities (and the concept of paperwork = card after 20 days) differently when it comes to Change Forms. There is no basis in the law or rules to conclude that a Change Form = the card after 20 days, since it doesn't fall under the definition of an application or renewal.