Police Fraternity Chief Judd Price Resigns After Dui Stop

http://www.freep.com/article/20101214/NEWS06/101214010/1318/Cop-resigns-as-police-fraternity-chief-after-drunken-driving-stop

Judd Price has resigned as president of the Michigan Fraternal Order of Police a week after his arrest on drunken driving charges, the organization announced today.

“People make mistakes and Judd has taken responsibility and done the right thing,” said John Buczek, FOP executive director.

The new state president is Harold West, a Kalamazoo detective, who moved up from vice president with Price’s resignation on Saturday.

The FOP is the oldest and largest police organization in Michigan with 50 local lodges and more than 11,000 members.

Price was arrested in his personal vehicle on Dec. 5 by Mackinac County Sheriff’s officers on I-75 and charged under a new state law for driving with a blood alcohol level of more than 0.17. He is scheduled to be arraigned on the misdemeanor on Dec. 21.

Named acting police chief in Sault Ste. Marie in September, Price has been suspended pending the outcome of an internal investigation.

Price was arrested in his personal vehicle on Dec. 5 by Mackinac County Sheriff’s officers on I-75 and charged under a new state law for driving with a blood alcohol level of more than 0.17

Would that be the new "Super-Drunk" law? .17 is pretty hammered, but I agree, this guy at least deserves some respect for manning up and taking responsibility. Also, the arresting officers, for not letting this guy off just because he's a fellow cop.

Reveling in some schadenfreude, eh?

Well, why not, tis the season.

Will we all be cackling so loudly when his family finds him swinging from the ceiling like the Madoff boy?

In addition to high alcoholism rates, LEO has notoriously high suicide rates.

A public shaming like this right around the holidays does not bode well for Mr. Price.

Let's hope he has good familial support and takes advantage of access to counseling.

Reveling in some schadenfreude, eh?

Well, why not, tis the season.

Will we all be cackling so loudly when his family finds him swinging from the ceiling like the Madoff boy?

In addition to high alcoholism rates, LEO has notoriously high suicide rates.

A public shaming like this right around the holidays does not bode well for Mr. Price.

Let's hope he has good familial support and takes advantage of access to counseling.

I'll not shed one tear for him.

They have been "publicly shaming" us for years, kicking down doors, dragging you out in front of your neighbors over a few plants, causing you to lose your job, face jail time, etc...

He got a ticket and resigned his job, boo hoo

He shouldn't have been driving bombed off his azz, he could have killed someone.

I'll not shed one tear for him.

They have been "publicly shaming" us for years, kicking down doors, dragging you out in front of your neighbors over a few plants, causing you to lose your job, face jail time, etc...

He got a ticket and resigned his job, boo hoo

He shouldn't have been driving bombed off his azz, he could have killed someone.

Agreed.

I'm just saying look for the gentleman's death notice around the New Year, if statistics can be trusted...

• 1 month later...

He had to resign to keep his pension(s) and other retirement perks. He would of lost almost assuredly if he had attempted to fight this in court.

This world is all a fleeting show, For man's illusion given; The smiles of joy, the tears of woe, Deceitful shine, deceitful flow, - There's nothing true but Heaven.

- George Moore

Peace

Must be the cop that pulled him over wanted to be the new FOP president. Normally a FOP sticker on your car gets you a free pass let alone being the president.

Where do I get this magical sticker that allows me to break the law and not get pulled over let alone get arrested.

Would that be the new "Super-Drunk" law? .17 is pretty hammered, but I agree, this guy at least deserves some respect for manning up and taking responsibility. Also, the arresting officers, for not letting this guy off just because he's a fellow cop.

In Clare county few years back. Out on us 61 a officer had pulled a guy over for drunk driving..abd when the officer walked to the car and was going to arrset him. the guy in the car handed the phone to the officer..On the other line was the Sherriff of Clare County(not the one we have now). The sherriff had told the officer he was a friend of his and to let him go..The officer kept telling his boss(The Sherriff) the guy is drunk..dont remeebr if he took him to jail or let him go..But the officer but this all in the news paper..The officer was sent to another county(Osceola County) i think it was..But The sherriff sure didnt want a Officer following the law working for us.

Archived