First Post: Diz And Judy And Others...fire It Up.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

I'm a 30 year old male in Ann arbor 6 ft 235 redhead looking to make friends long before a relationship I like the outdoors camping kayaking hiking would do.you must love kids because I love my duaghters nothing like baggage but I have to put it out there. Im looking for friends all shapes and sizes ages not a thing not looking for anyone under 25 i like joking around and try not to take life to serious.I would love to go to dinner as friends or chat online feeling comfortable is a must. Maybee I can find the one or they can find me.

I didn't find love here but I found love in some one that's been around me the whole time I'm no longer looking

py

• 2 weeks later...

sb is the most intellectually intimidating woman on the forum.

Is that a bad thing?

I've never been one to post in online singles forums or sites... and I really don't know why I'm doing it now. I don't think I really want a romantic relationship but I would like a friend. I moved to Ann Arbor last May and since then I've really only interacted with UofM seniors and their friends. As a result, everyone I used to see on a daily basis just graduated and left Ann Arbor. I'm 21, male and use about a gram a day. :thumbsu: I've never had to try to meet new people before, but I'm clearly not very good at it. I've been told repeatedly that I come off shy and square at very first impression, but I think you'd agree I'm not that way if you get to know me. If anyone in the area is looking for someone to talk to and/or hang out with drop me a PM and we can chat more. I have no expectations.

Edited by Sinsemillaplease

• 2 weeks later...

sb is the most intellectually intimidating woman on the forum.

Huh?????? Intimidating? ME? That's funny! I sure don't mean to be intimidating, though if I really want to, I guess I could be. I'm a very un-complicated, humble, un-assuming person, I had a fairly decent education but didn't finish college; lived with someone with an extensive vocabulary, who told me I am very intelligent, which I've been told by others, too, been told by a few that I speak eloquently, also, though I'm no academic, just a very intuitive, creative, gentle, person. My roommate could recall facts like he was a walking database; could use many different words and terms, cite law and facts verbatim, but knowing HOW to USE them was not easy for him. I helped him with that part, which he thanked me for; I tried to help him communicate his feelings and needs more efficiently and effectively. I'm no expert in this at all, often my words fail me, too, and I think later how I could've said things differently. When I write, I can take the time to reason through my messages, I take a lot of time to edit and refine my words, sometimes it takes me an hour to write a seemingly simple post, though at times, my emotions get the best of me and I goof up, too, I'm sorry if I come across as being intimidating.

Sincerely, Sb

As far as romance goes, I believe in friendship first, then see how it goes from there. Sure I'd love to find someone to share that with, but to me, it's no good without a strong, solid foundation of trust. Trust takes time to build, it's part of what makes a good friendship. If I find someone to marry, I want for us to be best friends. To me, marrying my best friend is the best thing I could ever do. I don't believe it'll ruin the friendship. In fact, I've heard couples say their partner was their best friend. It all starts with getting to know someone, finding out what they have in common, what they want, what they can give, how comfortable they can be with each other, can they be open, honest, and share their feelings without fear? Can they have misunderstandings without getting into an argument that leads to saying and doing things they might regret? Nothing's that perfect, but if they can get through it, their friendship will come out a lot stronger because they were able to work things out; they respect each other enough to admit if they were wrong, apologize, be gracious and humble, and, though their emotions may've taken over for awhile, they'll always remember how much they love each other, (I Hope). The most important things to remember, especially in times of conflict and stress are, "This person is my best friend, I love this person very much and I know there's no intention of hurting me, and my partner knows I'd never intentionally cause harm. There's an old song about how we always hurt the ones we love, and it says near the end, "if I hurt you it's because I love you most of all." That's as ridiculous as saying a woman has to be uncomfortable to look beautiful. Loving someone also means being able to accept them, faults and all. Never go to bed angry, don't take your friend for granted, remember to tell them you love them, show appreciation, offer encouragement, give some praise, if you have to criticize, don't just say, "you're wrong," or "you did a bad thing," or, "you hurt me," but let them know what they can do to fix it, compromise. Wherever you are on the friendship path, it's always good to let your friend know how much they mean to you. Any relationship takes work, but just like anything else, we get out what we put in. Friendship is more important than people realize, especially when looking for a potential long-term, serious commitment. We may have many friends, but we usually only have a very small number of REALLY GOOD friends. A BEST friend, to me, would be the ONLY one, because, how can anyone do better than Best?

Sincerely, Sb

• 9 months later...

I know there must be some single MM patients out there looking for companionship...

Dizz

Yes, Diz, there are. I am one. I clicked on this section to see where all the mmm ladies are, and I find is that not only does this pond appear empty, it appears that it has never been stocked!

Don :P

well, I know I can't be the only female around here. If anything perhaps great friendships could develop here. I've meet a couple of great friends and share an e mail or two with them.

Hi Diz, The comment I made was because of the age of the posts I found. My name is Don, and thank you for replying. I live in Lenawee County. How about you?

Don :))

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...