Hooray For Gratiot County Prosecutor!

MY BUDDY JUST HAD THE GRATIOT COUNTY PROS. CALL HIM AND TELL HIM THAT THEY WERE DROPPING CHARGES OF DRIVING MEDICATED.HE WAS ARRESTED. AND HIS MEDS TAKEN,WHICH HE GETS BACK THIS WEEK. COULD THIS BE A CASE TO WHICH OTHERS SHALL BE COMPARED? HE WAS TOLD THAT HE SHOULDNT DRIVE WHILE STILL FEELING THE EFFECTS.MAN IM FLOORED AND HAPPY AS HELL 4 MY BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 MORE TIME....HOORAY FOR THE GRATIOT COUNTY PROSECUTOR,I'M NOT ASHAMED/AFRAID 2 SAY IT

MY BUDDY JUST HAD THE GRATIOT COUNTY PROS. CALL HIM AND TELL HIM THAT THEY WERE DROPPING CHARGES OF DRIVING MEDICATED.HE WAS ARRESTED. AND HIS MEDS TAKEN,WHICH HE GETS BACK THIS WEEK. COULD THIS BE A CASE TO WHICH OTHERS SHALL BE COMPARED? HE WAS TOLD THAT HE SHOULDNT DRIVE WHILE STILL FEELING THE EFFECTS.MAN IM FLOORED AND HAPPY AS HELL 4 MY BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 MORE TIME....HOORAY FOR THE GRATIOT COUNTY PROSECUTOR,I'M NOT ASHAMED/AFRAID 2 SAY IT

lets all hope the other PA's get that memo

Hey, it's a start.

One good PA is better then none

Very true what I dont get is that he said he smoked as soon as he hit the parking lot b4 going into the store ,when he came out is when the cop nabbed him.So, he was under the influence guys and they have dropped the charges.He doesnt know what the results of the test were but he said he knew he blew it, anyone reading between the lines or is it 2 early for that

Very true what I dont get is that he said he smoked as soon as he hit the parking lot b4 going into the store ,when he came out is when the cop nabbed him.So, he was under the influence guys and they have dropped the charges.He doesnt know what the results of the test were but he said he knew he blew it, anyone reading between the lines or is it 2 early for that

If he smoked in the parking lot and had not driven since smoking in the parking lot he could not be charged with operating under the influence because HE WAS NOT OPERATING -- he was walking in the parking lot which is not an offense (yet).

Just a side note to this: if you are in the vicinity of your car and you are under the influence you can apparently be charged with DUI IF THE KEYS ARE IN THE IGNITION. This apparently shows INTENT to DUI. (?). A friend of mine related a story of someone he knows who drove off the road into a ditch while DUI and fell asleep there. He was arrested and prosecuted for DUI because the keys were in the ignition.

• 4 weeks later...

Hats off to your buddy :goodjob: I lived in Gratiot Co. and have never seen them be so forgiving. My daughter and son-in-law were taking trash to the dump and lost a bag on the way. They were contacted by LEO and they went immediatley and picked up the the bag and any trash that was around it. They were then told that all charges of littering would be dropped. WRONG. They actually put a bench warrent out for my son-in-law, who had just left for basic training. You can only imagine what his commanding officers told the Gratiot Co. detective when he contacted them re: the charge and wanted the US Army to send him home for court. So Kuddo's to your buddy!

Is that "Case Dismissed," as in Res Judicata?

Nolle Prosqui, "with prejudice," or "without prejudice"?

Of course, it certainly does matter - for the sake of FREEDOM.

DISMISSAL — An order or judgment deciding a particular lawsuit in favor of the

defendant by sending it out of court without trial. Dismissal "with prejudice" forever

bars the right to bring a lawsuit on the same claim or cause; dismissal "without prejudice"

disposes of the particular lawsuit before the court but permits a new lawsuit to be brought

based on the same claim or cause.

NOLLE PROSEQUI — Unwilling to prosecute; a formal entry made on the court record,

by which the prosecutor declares he or she will not further prosecute the case.

http://courts.michigan.gov/mji/resources/holt/HOLT.pdf

Always awesome news to hear when any one of "We The People" of Michigan / America are given our "Liberty" to be "let go," and be free to be left to do whatever we know to be right with our personal choices in life to do whatever we will or won't, free of any harm to ourself, our family and friends or anyone else we may or don't know - yet.

Still, as much as I advocate and defend "pro-choice" of knowing when or when not to act "socially respectable" or "responsible," or otherwise (especially while I childishly huff, stomp and refuse to "grow-up" - ever, at all!) I doubt if I'm the only self-medicated contemplationist wondering, aloud or not, why ... a public "parking lot?!" ... just before walking into, and then, shortly, right back out of any public place or space ... then, getting behind the wheel of said same vehicle, with the "reasonable suspicion" of likely, possibly, if not undeniably probable intent of then driving away mere minutes after carefreely "medicating in public"? (Not too sure if that just doesn't sound a little bit "dirty" or "naughty" or not, when we say it like that, eh?!) : P

Not that I'm anywhere near in any way, shape or form in support of anti-freedom of choice of anything at all victimless and harmless, but, I'm pretty certain, if anyone tried sparking anything up in ... lets say, Marquette, or any of the one or two "more populated" places on or near the Garden Penensula, for example ... the "Puff-Police" would sure come a runnin' for a cuffin' and a "plea-bargainin'," with no heart for mercey! (Cameras, cameras, and more cameras everywhere now, we see, in every place, taking deliberately pointed aim at freedom and privacy with their invasive crosshairs pointed directly, with trigger finger twitching way beyond eager - at ... YOU .. & ME ... and every audibly/visually-monitered one of us; You know?!)

(Any and all Conspiricy Theories noted and set aside, of course. "Mum's the word on Government Conspiracies, for now. Never know when SOMEONE may be watching, lurking and prowling around in the skies or along the ground.)

Aside from "knowing y/our limits," and "boundaries," personally, socially or otherwise, perhaps maybe too sad to say, I'm still wondering if it isn't still pushing the envelope just a little bit too much (and I'm not sure if I'm kidding or not, when I say that!) when I leave the curtains open! (Sure, I'm still "working" on that; But, we know: it's gonna' take a WHOLE LOT more "practice"! {Squint, Wink; Squint, Wink}

Baby Steps; Baby Steps!

Of course, it goes without saying - but, we'll just say it anyway - the "accused/suspect/defendent/victim" should never - ever - have been singled-out, stalked, persecuted, apprehended, detained and prosecuted in the first place. More wasteful/Harmful Personal/Public Expense at the critical Cost (with no return) of Personal/Public Expense.

So much for a forcibly "Civilized Society".

Who doesn't agree that "Peace-Enforcement" is a blatant contradiction in political terms?!

Like when "The War Machine" hypocritically declares that Medicinal Cannabis has "No Medical Value" - whatsoever - with one white-washed hand ... meanwhile growing, rolling and handing out "tubal applications" of Herbal remedies with the soily pharma-green thumb of the other hand.

So much for "Hidden Hands".

Just what are THOSE KINDS of ANIMALS that treat PEOPLE less than lost and neglected pets, wasps, ants, creeping roaches and buzzing insects (the OTHER buzzing and roaches!), like that, anyway ... some kind of NAZIS?!

Well, IF the gumshoe fits, eh?;)

Be FREE!

CHEERS to FREEDOM!

Glad to hear your buddy is FREE to ...

SHARE The CURE!

HARVEST The HEALING - For The Sake of Humanity

If he smoked in the parking lot and had not driven since smoking in the parking lot he could not be charged with operating under the influence because HE WAS NOT OPERATING -- he was walking in the parking lot which is not an offense (yet).

Just a side note to this: if you are in the vicinity of your car and you are under the influence you can apparently be charged with DUI IF THE KEYS ARE IN THE IGNITION. This apparently shows INTENT to DUI. (?). A friend of mine related a story of someone he knows who drove off the road into a ditch while DUI and fell asleep there. He was arrested and prosecuted for DUI because the keys were in the ignition.

This is very true. A buddy of mine was leaving a bar one night, and realizing that he was too drunk to drive decided to sleep it off for a couple of hours. Since it was the middle of winter he turned the car on for heat and curled up in the drivers seat. He was woken up an hour later to a cop tapping on his windshield, hauled him off to jail for DUI even though he hadn't driven anywhere. He got it pled down to OWVI but it still cost him a nice chunk of change and messed up his license for a time.

But also, congratulations to your buddy!

Archived